Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Sierra Expeditions

Notices

Product of the day: NoLoss Valve Caps

Old 01-25-2011, 07:54 AM   #1
FlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wil
FlyingWil's Tacoma Gallery
Product of the day: NoLoss Valve Caps

These No Loss Valve caps are built for NATO military vehicles, providing a seal if the valve core fails. This brass cap with knurled outer surfaces will not stick to your brass valve stems. Inside the No Loss Valve cap is a quality 0-ring for a positive air tight seal. Guaranteed not to leak even if the valve core is missing. The retaining strap keeps the No Loss Valve cap attached to your valve stem. No more losing caps, storing them in your mouth (yuck!) or fumbling in cold weather with gloves on. Forget to screw your No Loss caps back on?? Retaining strap is strong enough to withstand 80 mph speeds with the No Loss cap just hanging there!! Can be used on any valve stem.* The list is endless. From 4WD's, RV's, sports cars, motorcycles, ATV's, Semi Trucks, construction equipment, farm equipment, planes, mountain bikes, to go karts.

Available in 4 or 5 Packs.

*IMPORTANT NOTE:
No Loss Caps can only be used on brass valve stems. Do not use on aluminum valve stems such as those equipped with TPMS.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:40 PM   #4
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingWil View Post
We're working on one that will work with TPMS
I would buy those (ones that work with TPMS).

Do these come in black? Looking for my brother's jeep.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #5
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Those are cool, but i wouldn't buy them just because i know some punk kid would probably steal them off my rims.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:34 PM   #6
VanCity Taco.
ilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to behold

ilg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
Those are cool, but i wouldn't buy them just because i know some punk kid would probably steal them off my rims.
Two words: Red Loctite

That should slow them down... unless they bring tools.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:44 PM   #7
FlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
Actually this has never been an issue for me. I've been running them since '05.. Most of the time the retaining strap is enough of a deterrent to keep them on. I have had a few where I come out to the truck and have one of them just hanging by the retaining strap, but other then that I have never had one go missing, even with numerous trips to bad neighborhoods and having the truck parked in boarder cities in Mexico.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:45 PM   #8
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Is it a plastic strap that holds pretty tight? Kinda looks like a rubber ring that can be pulled off with a little force
Old 01-25-2011, 05:04 PM   #9
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
^^ Or dry rot.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:08 PM   #10
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
cool product
Old 01-26-2011, 08:28 AM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Just so folks know, The only reason these arent to be used on the TPMS valve stems, is due to them being aluminum. There is a chance they can corrode and/or stick (corrode) to the stems. This can be avoided by using a very little bit of anti sieze on the threads of the valve stem. Im going to be getting a set to try out on the TPMS valve stems, and will report back.
NOTE: doing this voids the warranty on the valve caps, so you wont be able to call Will up screaming that the valve caps made your truck loose its wheels, and or you lost your job, and your Wife left ya.....
Old 01-26-2011, 08:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Just so folks know, The only reason these arent to be used on the TPMS valve stems, is due to them being aluminum. There is a chance they can corrode and/or stick (corrode) to the stems. This can be avoided by using a very little bit of anti sieze on the threads of the valve stem. Im going to be getting a set to try out on the TPMS valve stems, and will report back.
NOTE: doing this voids the warranty on the valve caps, so you wont be able to call Will up screaming that the valve caps made your truck loose its wheels, and or you lost your job, and your Wife left ya.....
Correct... If the caps are taken care of, and are used frequently we have not found them to be an issue. We have them on our FJ Cruiser, and have not experienced an issue using them. But we are airing down, and up at least once a week. The disclaimer is mainly to take responsibility off of us since there is the chance that it could corrode to the valve stems on TPMS equipped vehicles. With proper care and usage of the NoLoss caps, I would not see a problem with using them... its the ones that only occasionally remove their valve stem caps that have a higher likely-hood of corrosion.

Gen 1 Taco's no problem, Gen 2's care must be used. We're going to give a set to Chris, and let him report back some real world results, and not information from us.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #14
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Let me think a little longer, I may just buy these.

Do they come in a black?
Old 01-26-2011, 02:02 PM   #15
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well, when I put these on, I saw the ones I had on the truck were Aluminum. I dont see an issue.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingWil View Post
I will
Old 01-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #18
bioman is on a distinguished road
bioman's Tacoma Gallery
Not a bad idea. Do they sell these anywhere locally?
Old 01-26-2011, 03:02 PM   #20

Pics, and a beginning review:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...ml#post2652648