Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Sierra Expeditions

Notices

Group Buy: 50" LED Windshield mount coming soon from Sierra Expeditions

Old 07-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #61
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cliff
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
Only have to drill the holes if not a double cab right?
No, ALL cabs will require drilling 4 holes. The factory roof rack holes remain untouched allowing for the mounting of a Frontrunner roof rack behind the LED mounts
Old 07-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #62
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraExp View Post
No, ALL cabs will require drilling 4 holes. The factory roof rack holes remain untouched allowing for the mounting of a Frontrunner roof rack behind the LED mounts
Do they have rivets that go in them for threads? Or how? And is there a template to drill the holes?
Old 07-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #63
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Do they have rivets that go in them for threads? Or how? And is there a template to drill the holes?
Template will be included, its just a standard Nut and bolt. We had considered using a Rivnut but we opted for a normal nut and bolt as it makes the bar a little bit more difficult to remove and thus harder to steal
Old 07-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #64

Brackets are back from the laser cutter and will be ready for shipping later this week pending a final fitment check. Introductory pricing for the first run will be $87.50 or free with the purchase of a 50" Rigid Bar. Brackets will include all hardware, drilling template and will come powdercoated semi gloss black.

PM me to put your name on a set!

Old 07-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #65
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Cliff, will this only work with the Rigid brand 50" bars or will other bars work also?
Old 07-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
Cliff, will this only work with the Rigid brand 50" bars or will other bars work also?
I have only tested it with a Rigid bar however Im sure that bars with similar mounting (mounted from the ends of the bar not below it) will also work if the length is the same.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:10 PM   #67
BB king offroad is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
BB king offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Want to purchase the Roof mounting brackets for led light bar

I'd like to purchase these roof mount brackets for my 2012 Toyota Tacoma. I have been waiting months to find a company to fab these brackets for a 50in. How soon can I make an order.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #68
Ridendirtywhips will become famous soon enoughRidendirtywhips will become famous soon enough
Ridendirtywhips's Tacoma Gallery
What would be the price for the roof bracket shipped to 95842? Thanks
Old 07-31-2013, 08:44 PM   #69
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Id get a set if it wasnt $1600 for a 50" bar
Old 08-01-2013, 04:53 AM   #70
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Can you post pictures from inside the cab at night?
Old 08-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB king offroad View Post
I'd like to purchase these roof mount brackets for my 2012 Toyota Tacoma. I have been waiting months to find a company to fab these brackets for a 50in. How soon can I make an order.
These will be up on the website Monday hopefully shipping shortly after

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridendirtywhips View Post
What would be the price for the roof bracket shipped to 95842? Thanks
~100, shipping will run about $10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
Can you post pictures from inside the cab at night?
I don't have any, the truck used for mockup has been getting rebuilt so I havent had access to take many pictures however the bar is mounted low enough that with a spot beam reflection off the hood is almost zero
Old 08-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #72
MUCHADO is on a distinguished road

Name: Rob
MUCHADO's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have outside to outside dimensions of the rigid bar? I have a Totron 50" I bought sitting here and want to make sure its the same length - was going to make mounts myself but too much of a pain in the ass!! Yours looks great.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUCHADO View Post
Do you have outside to outside dimensions of the rigid bar? I have a Totron 50" I bought sitting here and want to make sure its the same length - was going to make mounts myself but too much of a pain in the ass!! Yours looks great.
51 3/8"
Old 08-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #74
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Any update on when available for purchase? Also sent an email a couple days ago never heard if I got confirmed for the 2nd set...
Old 08-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #75

Quote:
Any update on when available for purchase? Also sent an email a couple days ago never heard if I got confirmed for the 2nd set...
I will have them up on the website Monday morning with plans to ship within the week. I need to verify hardware length but I do have a few sets still available!
Old 08-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #76

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraExp View Post
I will have them up on the website Monday morning with plans to ship within the week. I need to verify hardware length but I do have a few sets still available!
The 2 of us are so ANXIOUS!!!!! We ran a cross a great deal on some rigid 50" so that is taken care of too!
Old 08-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #77
Just a desert dude.
XIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXIGUNHAWKIX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
XIGUNHAWKIX's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin' good, is there anything on the mounts that would keep someone from stealing your bar? I made my own but wanted to see if maybe you came up with something.

Thanks
Old 08-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIGUNHAWKIX View Post
Lookin' good, is there anything on the mounts that would keep someone from stealing your bar? I made my own but wanted to see if maybe you came up with something.

Thanks
In order for the bar to be removed the bolts holding the brackets to the truck will need to be loosened from under the headliner. In addition you can add locking bolts to the end of the brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
Are you going to still try and do one for the 40"-42" light bars?
Possibly, going to see how the 50" sells and if there is enough interest for the 40" mount
Old 08-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #80

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Any updates?!!?!?