Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site News and Announcements

Notices

November Truck Nominations

Old 10-08-2008, 11:57 AM   #1
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
November Truck Nominations

We are going to start doing a Truck of the Month (TOTM) contest.

Here's how this will work. The first half of the month will be nominations of Tacoma World trucks. The trucks with the most nominations will then be put into a poll and voted on during the second half of the month.

The winner will get bragging rights. Users can only win once every 6 months.

Nominations should include a picture or a link to their truck. You may nominate up to 3 trucks.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:59 AM   #2
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
damn it give mjp2 the award already!
Old 10-08-2008, 12:02 PM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
My vote goes to silverback07

Old 10-08-2008, 12:04 PM   #4
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
can we nominate several trucks??
Old 10-08-2008, 12:05 PM   #5
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I was going to ask the same thing did we want to do a pick of 3 trucks and then get the votes from that? And it would have to be 3 trucks no less!
Heres mine SilverBack07

Tacomaman06

tigerfan00
Old 10-08-2008, 12:07 PM   #6
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
can we nominate several trucks??
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
I was going to ask the same thing did we want to do a pick of 3 trucks and then get the votes from that? And it would have to be 3 trucks no less!
How about a compromise? you can pick up to 3 trucks.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:07 PM   #7
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good to me!
Old 10-08-2008, 12:08 PM   #8
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
How about a compromise? you can pick up to 3 trucks.
sounds good... that way there will be more options....
but just make sure to post the 3 options in a single post, to make counting easier....
Old 10-08-2008, 12:14 PM   #9
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Is there a secret way to submit nominees or do we have to publicly tell everyone else here their truck isn't worthy in our opinion?
Old 10-08-2008, 12:16 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
Is there a secret way to submit nominees or do we have to publicly tell everyone else here their truck isn't worthy in our opinion?
i think it should maybe be a confidential poll or something, but its a good idea every person picking 3 different trucks, then it coming down to 3 trucks at the end.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:17 PM   #11

the idea first is to nominate trucks that will appear in a second secret poll...
Old 10-08-2008, 12:18 PM   #12
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
sweet! i propose that it should be required that the trucks should have a write up in the "Builds" section of the site in order to be eligible. what do you guys think? Is the winning truck going to get something like their pic in the TW banner to show off for the month or something too?
Old 10-08-2008, 12:18 PM   #13
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
the idea first is to nominate trucks that will appear in a second secret poll...
exactly!!
Old 10-08-2008, 12:18 PM   #14
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i think it should maybe be a confidential poll or something, but its a good idea every person picking 3 different trucks, then it coming down to 3 trucks at the end.

I agree about the confidential thing. also i like the idea of nominating three different truck, as long as one of them is mine!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 12:20 PM   #15
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
I agree about the confidential thing. also i like the idea of nominating three different truck, as long as one of them is mine!!!
exactly! .... whats the call on nominating your own truck? cool, not cool?
Old 10-08-2008, 12:20 PM   #16
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Since this is the first one, the rules will adapt to meet the needs. If people are not providing enough different trucks, then we will mandate 3 selections.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:21 PM   #17
The Professional
c0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 3rd SFG(A)
c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to c0b2a
My vote goes to Tommigumm:

Old 10-08-2008, 12:21 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
sweet! i propose that it should be required that the trucks should have a write up in the "Builds" section of the site in order to be eligible. what do you guys think? Is the winning truck going to get something like their pic in the TW banner to show off for the month or something too?
yes!! great idea, that way the only eligible trucks will be the ones in the builds section....
Old 10-08-2008, 12:25 PM   #19

here are my 3 selections for our first ever "truck of the month"......

socalman22

silver07taco

jhodge83

to be totally honest...........soooooo many sweet tacomas around here....its really,really hard to pick just 3!! guarantee you there will be a friggin load of awesome tacomas nominated!!
Old 10-08-2008, 12:26 PM   #20
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good idea, but we might run out of trucks pretty quickly. Maybe we'll add that rule after the build section has more time to grow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
I'm OK with a confidential vote, but we'll see what everyone else would like.

Quote:
exactly! .... whats the call on nominating your own truck? cool, not cool?
not cool, but acceptable.