Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site News and Announcements

Notices

Reputation!

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 05:15 PM   #1
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Reputation!

Sup everybody, I just added the reputation system to TacomaWorld.

When you read someone's post, you'll see a little justice scale to the top-right of the post. Click on it and you can either give them a rep point, or take one away. They won't see who did it unless you put your member name in the comment for the rep. As your rep grows, the little green bar to the right of your name grows too, and the rep you give to other people increases too (get it? ).

In the User Control Panel you'll see if someone gave you or took away rep points, but you won't know who it was unless they mentioned their name in the comment.

So if you liked someone's post or it helped you, give them a rep point.

Old 11-25-2006, 06:06 PM   #2
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I noticed that earlier. Pretty Cool.

Old 11-25-2006, 08:03 PM   #3
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
That's a neat idea but the question is what if they do that just to piss you off? I don't like creating waves but have you thought of that possibility?

Old 11-26-2006, 12:41 AM   #4
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldytaco05 View Post
That's a neat idea but the question is what if they do that just to piss you off? I don't like creating waves but have you thought of that possibility?
Yeah, how about that

Old 11-26-2006, 12:44 AM   #5
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
You can't give rep to the same person twice in a row, so they can't really hurt you too bad. If it does get crazy, you could tell me and I'll look into it.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:42 PM   #6
edave5 will become famous soon enough
edave5's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to edave5
a great idea, but doesn't seem to be catching on. EVERYONE has the same rep status. Is no one voting for user rep?

Old 12-07-2006, 04:20 PM   #7
LovinMyTaco07 is on a distinguished road
LovinMyTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
I just saw this thread! I don't think very many people are aware of it ( I wasn't). I'll start using it! plus with this thread now being a recent post... more people might see it and read it!

Old 02-28-2007, 09:03 AM   #8
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinMyTaco07 View Post
I just saw this thread! I don't think very many people are aware of it ( I wasn't). I'll start using it! plus with this thread now being a recent post... more people might see it and read it!

BUMP

I still don't think anyone knows about this. I gave several people a positive reputation this week, and they shot up the list! To clarify - the list of members - you can organize by reputation. Some of the people I gave reps too had none to begin with.

This is a great feature to let people know about others on the forum, and to see what others think of your posts. I have actually given enough rep to one or more people, that the forum told me to "spread the love around" before I gave them any more rep. Oops.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #9
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

integrity is key but then again let's be realistic hmmmm?

Old 03-02-2007, 04:57 AM   #10
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
integrity is key but then again let's be realistic hmmmm?
I am just probing for activity amongst members. Besides you are one of the ones that I can't give anymore reputation too.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:12 AM   #11
I dub thee malicious!

Don't get me wrong, I would love to get some reputation from other members! I like to know that people approve of what I say.

Of course, then I fall into this category...

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby (one of my favorite quotes)

Old 03-02-2007, 03:29 PM   #12
it's all about me

that quote is so true, you can never please everybody. and thanks for the compliment so mark have you scored anyone yet? also i think you're in the lead for the member postings, might be a winner again (hint, hint).

Old 03-02-2007, 05:28 PM   #13
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
that quote is so true, you can never please everybody. and thanks for the compliment so mark have you scored anyone yet? also i think you're in the lead for the member postings, might be a winner again (hint, hint).
Bunch of post whores!!!!

Old 03-02-2007, 06:02 PM   #14
it's all about me

hey look who's talking you posted how many now lol what was that pimp quote "don't hate the player hate the game"

Old 03-03-2007, 06:52 AM   #15
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Bunch of post whores!!!!
I am just trying to be an active member... ...and catch Ldytaco05

Old 03-03-2007, 06:55 AM   #16
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
so mark have you scored anyone yet?
I hope so!

Old 03-03-2007, 07:48 AM   #17
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Bunch of post whores!!!!
Has it not occurred to anybody that the competition mentality at TW is filling these forums with poor and meaningless postís thereby diluting the quality of TW?

Itís not the number of posts that matter but the number of educational and quality postís members frequent TW for. Give it some thought and letís contribute accordingly. Cheers!

Quote of the Day: "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." Saul Bellow

Old 03-03-2007, 09:50 AM   #18
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaster View Post
Has it not occurred to anybody that the competition mentality at TW is filling these forums with poor and meaningless postís thereby diluting the quality of TW?

Itís not the number of posts that matter but the number of educational and quality postís members frequent TW for. Give it some thought and letís contribute accordingly. Cheers!

Quote of the Day: "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." Saul Bellow
I try to keep my posts relevant to the topic (although I am guilty of getting off-subject quite often), and I try to keep them as informative or inquisitive as possible to contribute to the wealth of quality information (be it opinion or fact) on TacomaWorld.com's Forums. If the subject is something that I don't have any business in (or I just don't have an opinion/answer/question/thought on the subject), I try to keep out of it. I am not trying to "get my numbers up". I was trying to joke around with Ldytaco05. Ldytaco05's comment about my number of posts inspired me to review the site statistics, and I thought it was funny that I was second to her in number of posts.

Also, I apologize if any of my posts have offended anyone to any degree, that was not my intention.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:52 AM   #19
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaster View Post
Has it not occurred to anybody that the competition mentality at TW is filling these forums with poor and meaningless post’s thereby diluting the quality of TW?

It’s not the number of posts that matter but the number of educational and quality post’s members frequent TW for. Give it some thought and let’s contribute accordingly. Cheers!

Also, I am not trying to compete for top posts. I am just trying to be active as this site grows (and I have been bored at work). I am definitely not here to compete, but rather to contribute. I do feel that Themaster has a completely valid point. I will try to keep my posts reserved to keep my contribution as reputable as possible.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:34 PM   #20
it's all about me

ok ok i'm still in the lead lol, i do value everyone's contribution as well as my own. why the seriousness here all of the sudden. don't you guys remember the first posting we had "it's all in good fun don't get too offended" all of the sudden it become more of a serious tone here. anyway to let you know about myself i do not take life seriously hence the low blood pressure. i careless if i was one of those people that banshee called "post whores". i like to meet people who are not in the orlando area and besides it's nice too answer some of my questions about my "Diva" if there's anything of concern. so there!!!! i'm still in the lead.... :P

Closed Thread