Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

TW sponsorship

Old 06-30-2008, 03:53 PM   #21
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
I think the further this forum stays from taking money from members and being a "sponsor" the better off we are. It's not in the forum members best interest for this forum to turn into a business. I've seen it happen on other forums, the second it becomes a business, the more censorship happens, and the more serious of a place it becomes. This is a cool hangout for people to shoot the shit and talk about their taco's, no need to let money ruin the whole deal.
Well said Klown, I'll rep ya tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
wow, I think you actually deserve a rep for that.

I'm not going to rag on any of the other sites, but there are a few Tacoma sites that have so many adds that each page takes a minute to load.

I personally would NOT mind making a donation to keep the ads down on TW.
I too would donate to keep the ads down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
Well I do appreciate all of the rep as always.

I really like this place, it's fun, everybody's got a sense of humor, and we all love our trucks. I'd hate to see it go into the shitter for a couple of bucks.
I've said the same thing before so that means I agree 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
So...it's privately owned and privately runned voluntarily?

I'd much rather see funds go to the owner to help offset the costs of keeping it here. It will get bigger and use more bandwidth (if it doesn't already).
I'm with ya. I'm sure with just the Military Hardware thread and the Missileman thread that bandwidth will be an issue sooner or later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I don't know if Bob is the sole owner/administrator. I think he is. There are a few ads here and there that help to pay the bills. As the site gets bigger, more people should be clicking on the sponsored links. If people are looking at helping the site, you should go ahead and do your truck shopping by clicking on the "Shop Online" button at the top of the page.
I'm doing what I can to purchase from the "Shop Online" button.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:06 AM   #22
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Does Klown know somebody stole his login information?
Old 07-01-2008, 07:12 AM   #23
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
My offer to allow you guys to sponsor my truck still stands.