Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

TW sponsorship

Old 06-27-2008, 12:41 PM   #1
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Question TW sponsorship

Could WE/TacomaWorld ever sponsor something/someone/race-truck/event? What would it take to sponsor someone?

Get the TW logo displayed proudly on the side of a racing tacoma truck.

Your thoughts?
Old 06-27-2008, 12:43 PM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma World would have to sell a product for that to make sense...
Old 06-27-2008, 12:46 PM   #3
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
what if a handful of people 'chipped' in ?

Oh, and Bob did put a good markup with the tee-shirts and things..Are those selling?
Old 06-27-2008, 12:47 PM   #4
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
You guys can sponsor my truck. I'll be putting a TW sticker on it when mine gets here.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:49 PM   #6
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
I think the further this forum stays from taking money from members and being a "sponsor" the better off we are. It's not in the forum members best interest for this forum to turn into a business. I've seen it happen on other forums, the second it becomes a business, the more censorship happens, and the more serious of a place it becomes. This is a cool hangout for people to shoot the shit and talk about their taco's, no need to let money ruin the whole deal.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:53 PM   #7
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
I think the further this forum stays from taking money from members and being a "sponsor" the better off we are. It's not in the forum members best interest for this forum to turn into a business. I've seen it happen on other forums, the second it becomes a business, the more censorship happens, and the more serious of a place it becomes. This is a cool hangout for people to shoot the shit and talk about their taco's, no need to let money ruin the whole deal.
wow, I think you actually deserve a rep for that.

I'm not going to rag on any of the other sites, but there are a few Tacoma sites that have so many adds that each page takes a minute to load.

I personally would NOT mind making a donation to keep the ads down on TW.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:54 PM   #8
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Quote:

true....wow u get 1 rep from me! Well said
Old 06-27-2008, 12:54 PM   #9
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Very good point klown well said.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:57 PM   #10
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Dumb question...

Who owns the site?

Who actually pays for the site to be here?

Bob, I assume.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:00 PM   #11
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Well I do appreciate all of the rep as always.

I really like this place, it's fun, everybody's got a sense of humor, and we all love our trucks. I'd hate to see it go into the shitter for a couple of bucks.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:06 PM   #12
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post

Bob, I assume.
So...it's privately owned and privately runned voluntarily?

I'd much rather see funds go to the owner to help offset the costs of keeping it here. It will get bigger and use more bandwidth (if it doesn't already).
Old 06-27-2008, 01:38 PM   #13
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So...it's privately owned and privately runned voluntarily?

I'd much rather see funds go to the owner to help offset the costs of keeping it here. It will get bigger and use more bandwidth (if it doesn't already).
I don't know if Bob is the sole owner/administrator. I think he is. There are a few ads here and there that help to pay the bills. As the site gets bigger, more people should be clicking on the sponsored links. If people are looking at helping the site, you should go ahead and do your truck shopping by clicking on the "Shop Online" button at the top of the page.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:49 PM   #14
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I don't know if Bob is the sole owner/administrator. I think he is. There are a few ads here and there that help to pay the bills. As the site gets bigger, more people should be clicking on the sponsored links. If people are looking at helping the site, you should go ahead and do your truck shopping by clicking on the "Shop Online" button at the top of the page.
So they get points/credit for simply clicking on the links?
Old 06-27-2008, 01:49 PM   #15
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So they get points/credit for simply clicking on the links?
I doubt it, but I don't know. I think that you have to actually spend some $ there.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:52 PM   #16
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
see klown... you can actually deserve rep sometimes, not just beg for it!
Old 06-27-2008, 02:00 PM   #17
Tacoma World Ring Leader

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
don't ask.
Sorry, deleted the post
Old 06-27-2008, 02:04 PM   #18
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry, deleted the post
good boy.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:44 PM   #19
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Does Klown know somebody stole his login information?
Old 06-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #20
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
Could WE/TacomaWorld ever sponsor something/someone/race-truck/event? What would it take to sponsor someone?

Get the TW logo displayed proudly on the side of a racing tacoma truck.

Your thoughts?
TacomaWorld.com will be represented in this year's Baja 1000 for free. I figure it's the least I can do for the service Bob provides.