LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

Rep Whoring=Rep Reset

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 09:28 AM   #21
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
Does this mean that every post Klown makes will be considered a rep whore until he changes his signature?
only if I had my way.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:30 AM   #22
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
It's all a game. Change the rules, don't change the rules -- doesn't matter to me.

However, I am only one point away from my next bar. BUT I'M NOT ASKING.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:35 AM   #23
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
It's all a game. Change the rules, don't change the rules -- doesn't matter to me.

However, I am only one point away from my next bar. BUT I'M NOT ASKING.
under the new rules, that would count as an offense.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:39 AM   #24
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
What does Bob say?

Old 07-22-2008, 09:40 AM   #25
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Whoa, what is this turning into a commie forum or what? People make up their own mind if they wanna give rep. Nobody's forcing ANYBODY to do ANYTHING.

It's the forum members job to decide when and when not to give rep. If you feel they aren't giving rep for the right reasons, then just kill the whole rep system.

I've worked hard for my rep, I had to put a lot of smiles on peoples faces to get my rep power. I quit rep whoring a while ago, but I still put smiles on peoples faces and people gimme rep.

If you think rep should only be given to posts of a technical nature, then change the rules so that's all you can give rep on.

This is totally ridiculous, just let it be.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:42 AM   #26
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
What does Bob say?
Bob is not here right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
Whoa, what is this turning into a commie forum or what? People make up their own mind if they wanna give rep. Nobody's forcing ANYBODY to do ANYTHING.

It's the forum members job to decide when and when not to give rep. If you feel they aren't giving rep for the right reasons, then just kill the whole rep system.

I've worked hard for my rep, I had to put a lot of smiles on peoples faces to get my rep power. I quit rep whoring a while ago, but I still put smiles on peoples faces and people gimme rep.

If you think rep should only be given to posts of a technical nature, then change the rules so that's all you can give rep on.

What took you so long to get here? If you're going to try to say this with a straight face, you might want to change your sig first.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:47 AM   #27
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I agree with Klown. If you're gonna have a rep system then if someone wants to give rep, give it. If not, then don't. If someone asks for rep, who cares. Don't add rules just to have more rules. My gawd, this place is supposed to be a place for fun and enjoyment, imo!

Old 07-22-2008, 09:50 AM   #28
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
What took you so long to get here? If you're going to try to say this with a straight face, you might want to change your sig first.
Well if my sig is a problem, I can change it. Bob, has asked me to stop rep whoring in threads. He made no mention of the signature, if he has a problem with it I can certainly change it. This is his house, if he doesn't like it, I'll change it. Up to this point he hasn't told me anything about it. I imagine you'll go crying like a baby to him soon and demand he ask me to change it.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:53 AM   #29
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
So, what brought all of this on (besides the disproportionate reputation marks going around)?

I'm sorry if I have offended you in asking for reputation.

I was just shocked how people with newbie status (or close to it) suddenly had tons of reputation. I have been on here since January of 2007 with many contributions of a wide variety, yet I stood with very few reputation points. I have to admit - I felt jipped, so I started asking for rep points myself (it worked for everyone else).

Old 07-22-2008, 09:53 AM   #30
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
I guess we're gonna start being like some of these other sites. Let's just get all serious, we'll start flameing people and quit having fun.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:56 AM   #31
Tacoma World Ring Leader

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
I guess we're gonna start being like some of these other sites. Let's just get all serious, we'll start flameing people and quit having fun.
C'mon man be serious, we can't be like the other sites. If we're like the other sites, then people would just go to the other sites. No reason to come here then. It can't happen that way.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:07 AM   #32
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Let's just get all serious.

Q: What does a Triceratops sit on?

A: It's Tricera-bottom!

Old 07-22-2008, 10:10 AM   #33
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I agree with Klown. If you're gonna have a rep system then if someone wants to give rep, give it. If not, then don't. If someone asks for rep, who cares. Don't add rules just to have more rules. My gawd, this place is supposed to be a place for fun and enjoyment, imo!
It is for fun. However, people like to be rewarded and show off how many rep bars they have, especially if it means something.

Quote:
Well if my sig is a problem, I can change it. Bob, has asked me to stop rep whoring in threads. He made no mention of the signature, if he has a problem with it I can certainly change it. This is his house, if he doesn't like it, I'll change it. Up to this point he hasn't told me anything about it. I imagine you'll go crying like a baby to him soon and demand he ask me to change it.
I was just kidding, because you are still a rep whore. Your speech was total BS. Your signature doesn't bother me in the least. This is Bob's house and all final decisions go through him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
So, what brought all of this on (besides the disproportionate reputation marks going around)?

I'm sorry if I have offended you in asking for reputation.

I was just shocked how people with newbie status (or close to it) suddenly had tons of reputation. I have been on here since January of 2007 with many contributions of a wide variety, yet I stood with very few reputation points. I have to admit - I felt jipped, so I started asking for rep points myself (it worked for everyone else).
You didn't offend me. Looking at the rep list, I see an order that doesn't seem fair. Obviously, I belong at the top, but there are a lot of good contributors that are ranked lower than some of the rep whores. Mark, I'll ignore that you became a rep whore, because I think you were one of the ones that belonged at the top, right behind me.

Quote:
I have too much ADD to be on a serious site. I wish that the rep rating would be an accurate depiction of how awesome they are. I need some pats on the back.

Quote:
C'mon man be serious, we can't be like the other sites. If we're like the other sites, then people would just go to the other sites. No reason to come here then. It can't happen that way.
Rep whoring is pretty new to this site. Nothing would lost by removing it.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:11 AM   #34
Tacoma World Ring Leader

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
For instance, does anyone really think the author of the cheap mods thread deserves less rep than the author of the "look at my shiny garage floor" thread?
LMFAO, even you gave me a pos rep for that thread. You're part of the problem...let's remove the problem.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:14 AM   #35
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LMFAO, even you gave me a pos rep for that thread. You're part of the problem...let's remove the problem.
I'm guilty of rep whoring, but I don't regret repping your floor. It looked good. Often times, you have had reputable posts, but I think that PT should have more rep than you. I'd also like to add Maverick to the list of people who deserve mo rep.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:22 AM   #36
Tacoma World Ring Leader

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Your solution is bogus. In the long term, the guys with the most reputable posts will have the most rep. Short term inconsistencies are just part of any change that is made. ~90% of the reps I've gotten are for my posts, either they put a smile on somebody's face, they agreed with what I was saying, or gave them info that they were looking for. 10% of the reps were from whoring. If the members here feel that me putting a smile on their face is more rep worthy then technical info, then there's nothing I can do about that.

It's up to the individual to decide what is rep worthy, not some random moderator. Quit being a cry baby about every damn thing, and let the system work.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:30 AM   #37
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Let's just get all serious
Personally, I like the rep reset for whoring proposition.

+1 from me.
Attached Thumbnails
Rep Whoring=Rep Reset-serioused.jpg  

Old 07-22-2008, 10:33 AM   #38
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll ignore that you became a rep whore, because I think you were one of the ones that belonged at the top, right behind me.
Looks like I'm about to get bounced.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:37 AM   #39
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Your solution is bogus. In the long term, the guys with the most reputable posts will have the most rep. Short term inconsistencies are just part of any change that is made. ~90% of the reps I've gotten are for my posts, either they put a smile on somebody's face, they agreed with what I was saying, or gave them info that they were looking for. 10% of the reps were from whoring. If the members here feel that me putting a smile on their face is more rep worthy then technical info, then there's nothing I can do about that.
Then you have nothing to worry about.

Quote:
It's up to the individual to decide what is rep worthy, not some random moderator.
I'm not suggesting taking the choice away for people to give rep. I'm talking about a waiter asking for a tip. I'll give you rep if I like what you say.

Quote:
Quit being a cry baby about every damn thing, and let the system work.
no, you quit being a cry baby!

You and MM are the only ones wining about Rep Reform. So far, it seems everyone else is tired of the rep whoring.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:39 AM   #40
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Shit, if its about fairness, lets eliminate the rep system, i like to give rep when i read something funny, or some posts when someone states a good opinion that i agree with, or when someone helped me with a technical question, or actually taking the time for a good write up for a mod....... another thing is that some people here (myself included) spend a lot of time on the site, and we have got to know each other and make fun of each other, and give rep to others for that, we post a lot, and with a lot of posts comes the possibility of more rep points..... i dunno, maybe im not making any sense at all....

Closed Thread