I feel I should say something here since y'all are using my name in vain. While I find it odd that I had nearly no rep despite having authored the thread with the highest page views on the entire forum, I'm not about to start asking, begging, or coercing rep from people.
I'm at the level I am now NOT
due to any of the following:
- people thanking me for copying, pasting, and consolidating numerous guides from several forums
- taking pictures, doing write ups, and explaining mods I have done myself
- answering questions in thread and via PM months after doing all the work to explain how things were done
- adding more pics and clarifying points based on member requests
- maintaining the table of contents and adding links to other cheap/free mods in other posts that other members came up with
No. Most of my rep points came from "useless" posts in the MM thread, and other various off topic comments/jokes. (I admit, many came from sig requests, which I appreciate. However, where are the rep points for 07tacoark for her contributions in that area?) To me, that, seems to defeat the whole point of the rep system. Especially when some people have as much or more rep than the single man that made, maintains, and modifies this great forum to benefit all of us despite contributing much less than Him.
I'm not complaining. This just a discrepancy I've noticed over the last few months, and not in line with what the forum is for: helping owners of these trucks.