Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

Buy/Sell/Trade section

Old 12-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
Rbohno is a jewel in the roughRbohno is a jewel in the roughRbohno is a jewel in the rough

Name: Richard
Rbohno's Tacoma Gallery
Buy/Sell/Trade section

How hard would it be for original poster of an item they listed for sale to delete the post once it is sold.

It would benefit everyone if we could somehow have posts deleted for sold items:
  • It would make it easier to navigate
  • create more interest because sometimes it is frustrating to read all the pages of a post and get to the end to find out it is sold (i know I could just go to last page but sometimes there is good info/questions that are answered about an item throughout post)
  • It would free up alot of space on the server
Anyway, this place is an awesome sight and this thought crossed my mind so i thought I would throw it out there.

Richard
Old 12-14-2010, 10:06 AM   #2
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
or they could PM a mod and have them change the title to [SOLD] after the original?
I personally like being able to go through old B/S/T stuff. Gives you an idea of what has been sold and for how much.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
I personally like being able to go through old B/S/T stuff. Gives you an idea of what has been sold and for how much.
Bingo. Thats why they are not deleted. FWIW, Only a moderator can delete a posting.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
Thermonuclear Protection
478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

478DblSport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
...I personally like being able to go through old B/S/T stuff. Gives you an idea of what has been sold and for how much.
^^^ X2

If the Op's would go back to their original post and edit in SOLD, like some do, it'd make it easier. That way when you hover over the thread link with your curser you can see that it's sold.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:52 AM   #5
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Bingo. Thats why they are not deleted. FWIW, Only a moderator can delete a posting.

Maybe get a new mod to solely focus on B/S/T thread?

Like that is their whole point of being a mod, keeping everything in line.

Deleting the threads after it is sold.

Making sure rules are followed

ie. pics, price, location etc

Just a thought
Old 12-14-2010, 10:55 AM   #6
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter500ky View Post
Maybe get a new mod to solely focus on B/S/T thread?

Like that is their whole point of being a mod, keeping everything in line.

Deleting the threads after it is sold.

Making sure rules are followed

ie. pics, price, location etc

Just a thought
I personally would rather see the OP send a mod a PM and have "sold" added to the title and the thread locked.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:58 AM   #7
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
I personally would rather see the OP send a mod a PM and have "sold" added to the title and the thread locked.

And your reasoning for that?

Im all for whatever I just think it would be easier for the other mods.

If they dont have to worry about the B/S/T thread. Its less time they have to take to go in post a warning about the pictures (I have been here for maybe 3 weeks and seen that post numerous times) then lock the thread because they did not follow the rules. Then they have to re-open it after they pm a mod because they finally got pics.

How many members are on this forum?

Thats a lot of people the mods have to look after.

Like I said just my opinion.

Edit, also they can do that now they just.....aren't....

So thats obviously not working right?
Old 12-14-2010, 11:00 AM   #8
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I agree that having the OP add SOLD to the title and then a mod locking it makes the most sense. That's how it is on other forums I'm on and seems to work just fine.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:06 AM   #9
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Why not just close the thread?
Old 12-14-2010, 11:23 AM   #10
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter500ky View Post
Edit, also they can do that now they just.....aren't....

So thats obviously not working right?

The mods can and will lock a thread and add sold to the title, IF they are made aware that the item has been sold. Adding a new mod who's sole job is to act like mommy to the b/s/t threads is crazy. We are all adults, ok most of us and we are all capable of maintianing our b/s/t threads. I mean if I had something for sale and people came in and shit on my thread I am not going to wait for a mod to see it and clean the thread. I would alert them with a PM. Same goes for an item that is sold. Why cannot the OP just send a PM to the mods and ask them to close it and change the title? I like having the older threads to look through to gauge price for an item and various other things, I believe it is good to keep those around.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:30 AM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
The mods can and will lock a thread and add sold to the title, IF they are made aware that the item has been sold. Adding a new mod who's sole job is to act like mommy to the b/s/t threads is crazy. We are all adults, ok most of us and we are all capable of maintianing our b/s/t threads. I mean if I had something for sale and people came in and shit on my thread I am not going to wait for a mod to see it and clean the thread. I would alert them with a PM. Same goes for an item that is sold. Why cannot the OP just send a PM to the mods and ask them to close it and change the title? I like having the older threads to look through to gauge price for an item and various other things, I believe it is good to keep those around.
This ^^^^

OR....The OP can add "SOLD" to the last post of the thread. Most people click on the last page anyway to see what the status of the item is.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
or they could PM a mod and have them change the title to [SOLD] after the original?
So TW is looking for a new Mod??
Old 12-14-2010, 09:24 PM   #13
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
On a site I admin, we have a fairly active BST forum that one guy looks after.

For the most part, all of us look at a thread that contains mostly moderation requests. If someone asks a thread to be marked as "SOLD", it gets dealt with. Otherwise, the dedicated guy does it.

The history is definitely worth it. Both for sellers and for buyers--BTW, we don't allow "price policing" either. If you do, you might end up banned...