Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

Suggestion: Product Reviews?

Old 09-05-2008, 07:30 AM   #1
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
Suggestion: Product Reviews?

As i've been buying parts and accessories for the Taco, i've wanted to tell others about the great things- and the horrible mistakes- i've bought to help other owners find or avoid certain items or manufacturers.
If there is a review section here , I can't find it. (other than there being a review loosely in about every thread here)

So what i was thinking is when someone buys a fairly major product (suspension, racks, seat covers, step bars, toolbox- whatever- (no reviews for back to black, armor all, etc..heh heh)) that is tacoma specific or just works great and fits with the taco- that if they feel like enlightening all of us they could give a product review. pros and cons.
it's always great to hear opinions on even something as simple as a bed mat.

to really help in searches, the title of each thread should be the product name and maybe a short opinion ('avoid!' 'awesome!' etc)

then a write up including links where to buy and any pics installed...any probs with installation, quality afterward, recommendations, complaints, regrets, etc.

sound like a good idea?
Old 09-05-2008, 11:12 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Great Idea!!

And if it could be organized similarly to the FIRST post in the Cheap/Free mods thread. Have a thread for each 'vendor' - since some companies make a variety of products.

The *Cheap/Free* mods thread has turned into more than just cheap/free mods. It's got all the links in there to all sorts of modifications. Perhaps they should change the name of that to..... MASTER MOD list (for example).
Old 09-05-2008, 12:46 PM   #4
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
whew!
thought i might get hosed
Old 09-05-2008, 12:52 PM   #5
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
that's it, I'm banning your ass.

I like the idea of having a thread or a section dedicated to reviews.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:09 PM   #6
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
I think that is a very usefull idea. I'm for it...
Old 09-05-2008, 02:17 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
product reviews forum sounds great man.......im in!!!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 12:53 AM   #8
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
good idea zombot...made a product review section on the site now.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:02 AM   #9
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Lightspeed Ocoee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
that's it, I'm banning your ass.

I like the idea of having a thread or a section dedicated to reviews.

This should be your first official duty as a mod. To make a product review section. You will get many rep points for this...
Old 09-10-2008, 06:11 AM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
good idea zombot...made a product review section on the site now.
Sweet!! Thankyou!

You've got some threads in there already. Are you going back into the forum and picking out threads to put in there?

How do you want us (forum members) to contribute to this folder?
I mean.... do you want any specific information,formatting, & what-not?
Old 09-10-2008, 06:22 AM   #11
Scavenger

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
i think if he doesn't catch it, send him the link to your thread and he will put it in there.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:39 AM   #12
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Sweet!! Thankyou!

You've got some threads in there already. Are you going back into the forum and picking out threads to put in there?

How do you want us (forum members) to contribute to this folder?
I mean.... do you want any specific information,formatting, & what-not?
you can send in links to Bob or the moderators for posts with reviews and we will move them over. You may also make posts there. The first post should be the review and should have some substance.