1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New addition this morning?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by DblCabMN, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Sep 18, 2011 at 7:49 AM
    DblCabMN

DblCabMN [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mpls, Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    03 DC TRD/LTD
    Bilstein 5100's all around - Toytec/Eibach 112-620 Coils, Wheelers 5-Pack+Wheelers 2"AAL. 33x10.5x15 KM2s - Siped on Summit Racing 84-5883 rims with 3.750 BS. 4.88s. Demello HD round sliders. Home built full skids. Home built front bumper. Plasti'd badges. Energy Susp. steering rack bushings. Sway bar delete. Deck plate mod. aFe Pro-Dry. Gibson exhaust.
    Don't know if it's just me - but now all forum thread listings have the small thumbnail next to them... Similar to the Home page "Recent Threads" area but under say "1st Gen Tacomas"

Any way i can disable this view? I personally like the more compact view as opposed to the clutter i feel the thumbnails add to the sub-forums/topics.

Don't get me wrong, i do like the Recent Threads+Thumbnails on the home page, and i can respect the Mods/Webdev's ideas behind the new(?) implementation - i'm just not a fan of that same style on the actual forum topics i'm browsing and am looking for an option to disable.

Thanks Mods!

2. Sep 18, 2011 at 9:52 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    Go to your Control Panel and click "Edit Options". In the "Miscellaneous Options" section at the bottom, turn off "Thread Picture Preview". It'll turn them off in the Recent View and Home Page section as well.

3. Sep 18, 2011 at 11:30 AM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    I'll try to add a split so you can choose to have it on the front page only or also in the subforums. I added it sitewide because I tested it out on a particular subforum here and people seemed to like it.

For now it can be disabled like Evil Monkey says...and I'll try to add a split option soon

4. Sep 18, 2011 at 11:41 AM
    stmpjmpr

stmpjmpr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    So Orange County, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma Sport MGM 4X4
    I like when I go into for sale and can see pic of item without having to open it.

5. Sep 18, 2011 at 11:45 AM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    I noticed it last night... kind of cool... However, I view TW by using NEW POSTS to see new activity in ALL the forums, and the thumbs do not appear in NEW POSTS pages (which is good to reduce clutter, IMO).

6. Sep 19, 2011 at 10:59 AM
    DblCabMN

DblCabMN [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mpls, Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    03 DC TRD/LTD
    Bilstein 5100's all around - Toytec/Eibach 112-620 Coils, Wheelers 5-Pack+Wheelers 2"AAL. 33x10.5x15 KM2s - Siped on Summit Racing 84-5883 rims with 3.750 BS. 4.88s. Demello HD round sliders. Home built full skids. Home built front bumper. Plasti'd badges. Energy Susp. steering rack bushings. Sway bar delete. Deck plate mod. aFe Pro-Dry. Gibson exhaust.
    Thanks for the replies ppl. I think i'll hold out until the 'split' option is available, maybe it will grow on me.

To Top