1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by ImpulseRed008, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Oct 14, 2011 at 1:08 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 [OP] Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Sorry.

The rude comments aren't needed, but people freely admit to not searching and that's where the issue comes in. Too many people are in the mid-set of gimme, gimme, gimme without having to put forth any effort. They want everything handed to them. I have been known to say search on occasion because 75 - 90 % of the time, you will find what you are looking for. For those that put they have searched, they don't get the comments.

I can't think of anyone in this day and age that doesn't know how to search on the internet - especially anyone under the age of 35. If someone says they need help searching they usually get it, but.......

On that note, :bowdown: oh, mighty Bob, can we maybe get a "HELP" section so folks can learn how to search, how this site works? :notsure:

2. Oct 14, 2011 at 1:11 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    You mean above and beyond the stickies in the new member's section?
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new-members/

3. Oct 14, 2011 at 1:13 PM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    ill admit this, when i first joined this site. i had no clue you could even search. i never knew what stickies were or anything. this was the first forum i have ever joined. so for other people that dont know forums probably have no clue of a search..just for referance lol

4. Oct 14, 2011 at 1:15 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 [OP] Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    :anonymous: shows how long it's been since I"ve been in there.... That should do it...but it's obvious it's not working.

5. Oct 14, 2011 at 1:19 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Hehe, I had to search for it :eek:

I think there should be a pop-up every time you create a thread that asks, "Did you search?", then 30 seconds later, "Are you sure you searched or are you just clicking yes to stop the pop-ups?", and finally a thread "If I open this thread and find out you didn't search first, so help me I'll come down there and make you wish you never heard of a TSB"

Maybe the last part is a little extreme but you get the idea :D

6. Oct 14, 2011 at 1:22 PM
    Toyota Tech31

Toyota Tech31 Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Debary, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '08 SWB Bad ass SPORT
    Air Raid air intake, 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler, Front Turn Signals Now Turn And Park, KENWOOD HEAD UNIT W/ ALL KENWOOD SPEAKER UPGRADES AND 2-10" KENWOOD SUBS BEHIND BACK SEAT, Bilstein 5125'S In Rear W/ 1.5 AAL'S, Bilstein 5100 W/ Eibachs Up Front, LR Upper control arms, NFAB steps, Bruteforce Fab Hybrid front bumper, LP10000 SuperWinch, 2 Rigid Industries SRM-2's, OKLedlightbars 6 CREE LED lights as fogs, AVID RBG, 2 4" red ring HIDs mounted behind the grille.
    I think thats the best idea yet!!!:taco:

7. Oct 14, 2011 at 1:28 PM
    Fink

Fink Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 Regular Cab 4x4
    WeatherTechs, 265/75-16 DuraTracs, ATX Mojave Teflon Wheels, ARE V-Series Shell
    I can't remember if it's a vBulletin Plug-In or if they have to modify the templates, but you can add verbiage above the "Message:" window that says things like, "Did you search?", "The following keywords are useful...", etc...

Just like there are the "Good Titles" and "Bad Titles" stuff near the "Title:" window now when you go to post a new thread.

I will see if I can find what I am talking about.

Fink

To Top