Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

TSB

Old 10-14-2011, 10:55 AM   #1
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
TSB

Can we get a section strictly for tsb's maybe with a subsection for the different tsb's out there (or at least the bigger one's). Would make it easy for folks looking for answers to find them. Maybe put a short cut link under the mods & tutorials section.

Sometimes it is tough to do a search....

What do you guys think?
Old 10-14-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Susan there is a sticky already in the 2GEN section at the top.
maybe naked boobies in the title would help
It does have the word
Old 10-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
No one would find it Susan since no one bothers to do any kind of work for themselves.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #5
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
there is a sticky with all of the tsb's listed... I mean an area where ALL the threads on them could be. So someone who was asking about the rear leaf tsb would be able to find all the threads...
Old 10-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #6
Gone But Not Forgotten

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post
Just found out about this in a thread like 10 minutes ago. Here you go:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ta-tacoma.html
Not a list of the tsb's... a place where all the threads could go....

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
No one would find it Susan since no one bothers to do any kind of work for themselves.
I know... I'm trying to make it easier for them.... WHAT was I thinking?
Old 10-14-2011, 11:13 AM   #7
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
oh like a sub forum I git it.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:22 AM   #8
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
I would PM Bob about it. I brought up an idea for a Sub-Section and one of the Mods said to ask Bob about it as he was the All Mighty when it comes to that stuff.

I have also had great luck using Google to filter my search results (no offense to vBulletin's built-in search but I think Google is a little bit better). If you do a Google search for "TSB site:www.tacomaworld.com", you will find results for "TSB" on TacomaWorld only.

It's kind of neat to use for various other sites too.

Hopefully this helps, regardless of the outcome on your Sub-Section idea.

Fink
Old 10-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #9
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
i think its a good idea!
Old 10-14-2011, 11:31 AM   #10
Gone But Not Forgotten

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
I would PM Bob about it. I brought up an idea for a Sub-Section and one of the Mods said to ask Bob about it as he was the All Mighty when it comes to that stuff.

I have also had great luck using Google to filter my search results (no offense to vBulletin's built-in search but I think Google is a little bit better). If you do a Google search for "TSB site:www.tacomaworld.com", you will find results for "TSB" on TacomaWorld only.

It's kind of neat to use for various other sites too.

Hopefully this helps, regardless of the outcome on your Sub-Section idea.

Fink

I have no problems searching, but there are others that refuse to search and start out with "I didn't search, but I need XXXXXXXXXX"
Old 10-14-2011, 11:36 AM   #12
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
"I didn't search, but I need XXXXXXXXXX"
I hate those posts...

Fink
Old 10-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #13
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
Did someone say boobies
I know, right! I was all like
Old 10-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #14
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post

I have no problems searching, but there are others that refuse to search and start out with "I didn't search, but I need XXXXXXXXXX"
Does it really matter if someone starts a thread like that? Isn't it up to you to decide whether or not to open it in the first place? I havent been on here that long, but i know i can already tell when a thread is going to be like this and i choose either not to open it or to be nice and try to help out anyway. Isn't that what we are all here for anyway?? To try and help each other???? I don't think we need to be opening these and giving people crap for asking questions, but thats just my opinion. Sorry to rant.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #15
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Does it really matter if someone starts a thread like that? Isn't it up to you to decide whether or not to open it in the first place? I havent been on here that long, but i know i can already tell when a thread is going to be like this and i choose either not to open it or to be nice and try to help out anyway. Isn't that what we are all here for anyway?? To try and help each other???? I don't think we need to be opening these and giving people crap for asking questions, but thats just my opinion. Sorry to rant.
Sounds like you don't like searching.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #16
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, thats exactly what it is, how did you guess? This coming from one of the main people i have seen in these threads being rude to the people asking for help!!! I am pretty sure with my career i have no problem slowing down and searching so i make sure i get my repairs right.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:50 PM   #17
Banned
Quote:
Yes, thats exactly what it is, how did you guess? This coming from one of the main people i have seen in these threads being rude to the people asking for help!!! I am pretty sure with my career i have no problem slowing down and searching so i make sure i get my repairs right.
Ah alright. Well your rant is a repost. You should have searched.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:50 PM   #18
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery

Fink
Old 10-14-2011, 12:54 PM   #19
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Actually, yes those poorly thought out threads do matter, because then when someone actually does search, they come up with 50 threads that say "I didn't search but how do I _____" and now have to sift through a lot of BS to find the thread that actually contains the information. If those threads didn't exist, it would make the search function much more useful and effective.

You're right, it's not up to Susan to decide who gets to make a thread and about what, her suggestion was to make it less necessary for to create threads out of ignorance or laziness. Also, pay attention, this is in the site suggestions sub-forum, where it should be, it's not giving anyone crap, it's just her suggestion to make the site better.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:03 PM   #20
Gone But Not Forgotten

Air Force:
Quote:
Yes, it is up to me whether or not to open a thread.

One, repetetive threads clog up the site. There have been times when there have been 2 or 3 or 4 of the same question on the home page at the SAME TIME. The exact same question.

Two, the idea was to HELP make it easier for folks to find the information on the tsb's. Just like the sub sections for first gens and second gens.