Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

How about a "Your Posts" option...

Old 11-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
Whitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud of

Name: Whit
Whitster's Tacoma Gallery
How about a "Your Posts" option...

How about a "Your Posts" option...so you can see if anyone has posted a reply to anything you've posted to.

The auto emailed notifications aren't really useful as they notify of anything posted in that entire thread whether you've posted to it, recently, or not.

Whit
Old 11-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery

I think I know where you're headed with this. At the same token, having the option of being able to go to a thread you're wanting to post on without having to do a search for it (i.e. your build) should no one else have made a comment. Maybe?

EDIT... HAHA I just found it. 5,599 posts later. Never mind on my thought. Call it a senior moment. Under quick links.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:54 AM   #3
Whitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud of

This option is available on many of these SMF remailers, i.e.:

Hey, WhitSTer, you have 4 messages, 0 are new.
Total time logged in: 14 days, 16 hours and 25 minutes.
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.
November 03, 2011, 06:51:00 AM

Sure is handy when trying to follow threads you're particularly interested in.

Whit
Old 11-03-2011, 08:57 AM   #4
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
in a non smartass way, once you get into the site more, you'll just check your subs and CP more than anything else and will know what the deal-e-o is. . . i've disabled the emails.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:01 AM   #5
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Just hit the control panel tab to the top left there and you'll see latest posts to your threads where you've replied to.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Just hit the control panel tab to the top left there and you'll see latest posts to your threads where you've replied to.

Looks like that one will do it, thanks.

Whit
Old 11-03-2011, 10:47 AM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I liked where you were going but maybe another suggestion. I know the icons next to a thread change when there have been new responses since you last posted and whatnot, but how about a different icon if your post was quoted meaning someone responded to YOUR post. A lot of threads I'll go into, post a response and someone may respond, ask a question, tell me to F-off, whatever. It'd be nice to be able to know if someone's actually responded to your posts, not just the thread in general. Might be more work to set up than it's worth, who knows...
Old 11-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #8
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I liked where you were going but maybe another suggestion. I know the icons next to a thread change when there have been new responses since you last posted and whatnot, but how about a different icon if your post was quoted meaning someone responded to YOUR post. A lot of threads I'll go into, post a response and someone may respond, ask a question, tell me to F-off, whatever. It'd be nice to be able to know if someone's actually responded to your posts, not just the thread in general. Might be more work to set up than it's worth, who knows...
you know i do like that idea of knowing when you've been quoted. sometimes i'll post in a thread and even though i see it pop up i just ignore it cause i answered a question or whatever and then still don't click on it cause it's not really a priority anymore. . . the other day someone quoted me in a thread from like 4 months ago and i went to it just for kicks and there i was at the bottom of the page.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:17 PM   #9
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
I just click "Search" and then click "Posts made by me" on the bottom.