Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

Signatures with miniature movies slowing things down

Old 11-07-2011, 08:44 AM   #1
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Signatures with miniature movies slowing things down

I searched for threads already talking about this subject but didn't see any.

Are other members computers freezing while another members signature are loading because its a "movie motion picture"? You know what I'm talking about. Those signatures that move... not just a single picture. So I'll be checking the more mature threads (UG) when all of a sudden there's a questionable image stuck on the screen that won't go away because someone's signature is taking too long to load. The freakin' back button doesn't help. My only option is to minimize the screen and wait like 30 sec. Just sucks. Anyone else having this problem?

Can someone just limit the signature to just an image and not a movie?
Even on normal threads, they're still just as irritating.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
they are called .gif files and it's been discussed at length several times

The smaller ones arent so bad...but the large ones, esp when they repeat several times do tend to slow loading sometimes
Old 11-07-2011, 08:47 AM   #3
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
Whatever do you mean?
Old 11-07-2011, 08:47 AM   #4
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Theres a way to remove sigs all together, but don't think there are any ways to limit what shows in the sig.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
just turn sigs off. I do! I don't want to see your dumb sigs anyway
Old 11-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #6
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooch14 View Post
Whatever do you mean?
Well, your signature is the best I've ever seen.

I've seen discussions on the single image taking too long, but not about the gif files. Was there ever a solution to it? You know, limiting the size.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:53 AM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Get faster internet?

Nah just turn of sigs.

live via
Old 11-07-2011, 08:57 AM   #8
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Do I actually have the option to turn off gif files only? I don't mind seeing some creative signatures (single pics) but the movies have got to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Get faster internet?

Nah just turn of sigs.
I would get faster internet, but the neighbors don't pay their bill on time. LOL. So I get what I can. jk.