Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

Thread Sort

Old 03-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Thread Sort

I'm a member of another forum and they have a nice feature (at least one that I find handy) and thought I'd pass the idea along. Under "New Posts", there is an option to pull up any threads I've posted on, no matter how old. I realize I can search my old posts and find threads I've started, but there's no real easy way to pull up entire threads that I've commented in. Just a thought... discuss
Old 03-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Google this and it will show all threads that you've posted in.
site:tacomaworld.com Pugga
Old 03-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Why not just look at your subscribed threads in your CP ?
Old 03-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
Google this and it will show all threads that you've posted in.
site:tacomaworld.com Pugga
That's pretty cool
Old 03-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #5

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Why not just look at your subscribed threads in your CP ?
I don't subscribe to every thread I post on. I only subscribe to threads I think I'm going to want to reference later on. I've got my default set so I don't subscribe to every thread I post in.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:08 AM   #6
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
There's a lot of ways to do this with the Advanced Search. The main problem with the Google search is that it will give you all references where your name is mentioned (not just your posts).

In the advanced search you can select your own username, a generic word and then select Posts vs Threads so you can see the exact post that caused the hit. You can select Threads Started By Me to limit the search results to only threads you've started (ignores threads where you've merely responded).

Then use some sorting options if your hits are too wide. For example, you can specify threads older than one year. You can try changing the sort order from ascending to descending. You can limit it to certain subforums, etc.

Attached Thumbnails
Thread Sort-search.jpg  
Old 03-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #7

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
There's a lot of ways to do this with the Advanced Search. The main problem with the Google search is that it will give you all references where your name is mentioned (not just your posts).

In the advanced search you can select your own username, a generic word and then select Posts vs Threads so you can see the exact post that caused the hit. You can select Threads Started By Me to limit the search results to only threads you've started (ignores threads where you've merely responded).

Then use some sorting options if your hits are too wide. For example, you can specify threads older than one year. You can try changing the sort order from ascending to descending. You can limit it to certain subforums, etc.

That looks like it'll do what I was describing! Thanks Evil Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
your a what, at another what?

there is no other than TW
Haha, don't get too excited, I've been a member for almost 2 years and have a whole 10 posts...

It's just not the same. I joined because there was a sticker on a used motorcycle I bought (sort of like the TW stickers). It's nice for the DIY's or when I can't figure out what's wrong with my bike but I don't spend a lot of time there.