Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

Can "KMZ" file extensions be added to the attachment options?

Old 05-20-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
SUPER-ER MOD
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Can "KMZ" file extensions be added to the attachment options?

KMZ is the file extension created by google earth when you create routes or add to "my places".
I have some of the local trails and routes marked out in google earth and would like to share this info with some of the members. Having an option to attach these KMZ files seems like the easiest option. It would also be most helpful when planning for meets as one could post written directions as well as a mapped out route that could be downloaded and saved.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
KMZ is the file extension created by google earth when you create routes or add to "my places".
I have some of the local trails and routes marked out in google earth and would like to share this info with some of the members. Having an option to attach these KMZ files seems like the easiest option. It would also be most helpful when planning for meets as one could post written directions as well as a mapped out route that could be downloaded and saved.
excellent suggestion Lisa. I added it
Old 05-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
SUPER-ER MOD
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Fantastic! Thanks Bob. I was concerned that Google considered it a proprietary thing and would demand a human sacrifice to allow such a thing....