Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

Subforums for mods, maintenance stickies?

Old 06-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
ibjames is on a distinguished road
ibjames's Tacoma Gallery
Subforums for mods, maintenance stickies?

I would like to make a request to create a mods subforum and maintenance subforum? I think it would keep the main forum clean, and make it easy to find common mods that are done.

Mods? What do you think?
Old 06-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
what do you think all the audio, performance, suspension, lighting, etc sections are for then? If people actually looked where they were posting, and if in the right section things would be better.

Also this should of been put in the site suggestion section not second gen.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
ibjames's Tacoma Gallery
ah, I see I'm not the only person that has raised this question..

The problem with having general ones is that you have to sift through all the years to find out data that is for your version of truck.

If there is a cool blackout mod for 2nd gen trucks its easier to find it under 2nd gen mods, a lot of this is generation specific, just an ease of use suggestion, as a new user that is what I notice, it isn't easy to see all the mods that are available that are 2nd gen specific, plus there are more stickies in the main than I've ever seen in a forum before

not hating, just a suggestion, didn't realize there was a site suggestion forum, can a mod move this thread please?
Old 06-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjames View Post
I would like to make a request to create a mods subforum and maintenance subforum? I think it would keep the main forum clean, and make it easy to find common mods that are done.

Mods? What do you think?

Must have 100 posts before you can suggest ANY "site Suggestions"
Old 06-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #5
ibjames's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm... I don't know why site suggestions should be an "earned" thing.. I'm coming as a new user, that is just stating as a new user, what is hard to use in this forum in its current format, you would think that would be valued..
Old 06-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #6
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjames View Post
hmmm... I don't know why site suggestions should be an "earned" thing.. I'm coming as a new user, that is just stating as a new user, what is hard to use in this forum in its current format, you would think that would be valued..
I'd try the Advanced search function if you're looking for a specific mod. Using "Titles Only" will greatly restrict the number of threads you'll receive (gets rid of a lot of the junk).

So when I search on "Headlights Black" and select "Titles Only" and 2nd Gen or Lighting, I get 27 responses.

I can see where you're coming from though for just trying to find out what's out there (no end goal in mind other than just seeing what other people have done).

We have a thread that's a good start here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...free-mods.html

Plus, look through the build threads. There's a lot of ideas in there.