Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

Post Limit on Buy Sell Trade

Old 08-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
Krewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Danny
Krewblink's Tacoma Gallery
Post Limit on Buy Sell Trade

I think there should be a post limit on the buy sell trade market...
15 post minimum. Tired of these 1 post Sellers...

for example

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...5-15-sale.html
Old 08-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
I disagree. 15 posts is nothing - you're just going to have 15 spam posts somewhere and then the ad. It either needs to be like 100 posts or no minimum.

Personally I think they stand on their own merits - if it's a local sale, someone can maybe take a chance and go check it out. If someone takes a chance on a long distance deal with someone with one post...that's on them.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
I disagree. 15 posts is nothing - you're just going to have 15 spam posts somewhere and then the ad. It either needs to be like 100 posts or no minimum.

Personally I think they stand on their own merits - if it's a local sale, someone can maybe take a chance and go check it out. If someone takes a chance on a long distance deal with someone with one post...that's on them.
I agree.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #4
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Badger & Blade runs 50 posts and 45 days.
Also, posts in BST and the OT forums don't count.

We get the occasional guy posting really idiotic threads (and never responding to answers) until he gets to 100 posts or so, then dumps in something for sale and never heard from again... but for the most part, it limits sellers to participating members of the community.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #5
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
I will agree that some posts are fishy such as the one for the rearview mirror group buy was a 1 post BST add.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #6
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
Other than his post count,that thread doesn't seem any different than many I've read. He has a tire he wants to trade or sell...no price listed is an issue,but still. I've joined a few forums over the years that had post count requirements. All people do is spam to get the post count..or they get irritated by it and look elsewhere. I like this community the way it is..friendly and helpful,without requirements. The new member we may lose could be alot of help with info or ideas.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #7
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by F75gunslinger View Post
Other than his post count,that thread doesn't seem any different than many I've read. He has a tire he wants to trade or sell...no price listed is an issue,but still. I've joined a few forums over the years that had post count requirements. All people do is spam to get the post count..or they get irritated by it and look elsewhere. I like this community the way it is..friendly and helpful,without requirements. The new member we may lose could be alot of help with info or ideas.
Agreed on that one, and it's local pickup so it's not likely to be a scammer.

Maybe a ratio limit.... for every 5 or 10 posts in BST, they need a few in the tech forums?
Seems like every time someone posts a thread crying about getting ripped off, I'll look at the sale and the seller and it's someone that I wouldn't have bought from... Same story. 3-6 months on TW, 30-70 posts, 99% in the marketplace.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #8
Krewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrewblink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by F75gunslinger View Post
Yeah his post doesnt seem fishy at all i was just making an example. His first post was something for sale... So he basically just signed up and posted his stuff for sale... I think we need a minimum to post on the BST. 25 minimum??
Old 08-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #9
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
I think that the BST post count request/issue has already been brought up multiple times.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #10
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Nah, I dont think so. There are people I know that barely get on the forum but are very active in some of the clubs on here. Im sure they would need to or want to sell something to a TW member before putting it up on craigslist.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #12
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sit...e-posting.html

...I might make a site suggestion for people learning how to use the search function

Did not go anywhere then, dont see why it would go differently now.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #13
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
I think there should be a data base or counting system that if their account it inactive w/ in a yr and only 1 post they should be have their account deactivated.. but at same time.. this is just a forum.. we didn't have to pay to join.. and we say whatever we want.. and i think as a group we should just not even really pay any attention to them and let them ween themselves out of our group and forum. but i feel if they go by exactly what the moderators have made as by-laws for selling things then they should be allowed to do it.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #14
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
i've heard rumors of iTrader being enabled on this forum -- that'd be great. something like ebay feedback would be good to let potential buyers see if there's any BST rep for a particular user... if there is, great! if not, buy at your own risk?
Old 08-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #15
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Have a lot of people been getting ripped off? I don't get it, seems like if they have a low post count everybody is using their own judgement. I don't think that would change.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post
Have a lot of people been getting ripped off? I don't get it, seems like if they have a low post count everybody is using their own judgement. I don't think that would change.
Put it this way on Ebay Your looking at a item and the Ebayer selling has 1 feedback or 0 feedback. Do you still go through with the sale or do you pass?
Old 08-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #17
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post

I agree with you.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #18
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I think if there was a minimum then as someone stated above, the user would just spam until he/she had enough to post a FS thread. Personally i dont really buy from someone who is new to the forum b/c i feel it is semi sketchy, unless it is local pickup where i can go actually look at the item in person.

The Feedback for B/S/T would be pretty cool
Old 08-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #19
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Badger & Blade runs 50 posts and 45 days.
Also, posts in BST and the OT forums don't count.

We get the occasional guy posting really idiotic threads (and never responding to answers) until he gets to 100 posts or so, then dumps in something for sale and never heard from again... but for the most part, it limits sellers to participating members of the community.

Rich, out of curiosity I went to badger and blade, is that really a forum devoted to personal razors and hand soaps?

From that I can only assume that "OT" is short hand for "old timers"
Old 08-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krewblink View Post
Put it this way on Ebay Your looking at a item and the Ebayer selling has 1 feedback or 0 feedback. Do you still go through with the sale or do you pass?
No, I'll pass. I'm not making that argument, I am making the argument that what's the difference of having your first post or your 46th in BST, it's the same thing.

Sorry man, I'm a libertarian. We don't need more rules, we need people who take responsibility for themselves.