Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

PreTaco specific section

Old 11-07-2012, 05:29 AM   #21
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
there is already a section....toyota trucks and suvs...just my thought. makes sense for ALL of the other non-taco ones to be in there as well.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:52 AM   #22
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
there is already a section....toyota trucks and suvs...just my thought. makes sense for ALL of the other non-taco ones to be in there as well.
But not ALL other non-tacos are in there. 4runners, FJCs, and Tundras all have their own sections. There are also a fair number of tacoma threads posted in the Toyota trucks and suvs section....
I agree that that is currently where pretacos should post threads, but it's cluttered and a separate section would hopefully have less taco postings. It's not a huge priority for me, just something that would be convenient to streamline discussion on older pickups.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #23
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
But not ALL other non-tacos are in there. 4runners, FJCs, and Tundras all have their own sections. There are also a fair number of tacoma threads posted in the Toyota trucks and suvs section....
I agree that that is currently where pretacos should post threads, but it's cluttered and a separate section would hopefully have less taco postings. It's not a huge priority for me, just something that would be convenient to streamline discussion on older pickups.
i had brought up the thought kind of like the build threads...have the main header (in this case being 'Toyota trucks and SUVs', then the different models that are non-tacomas fall under that. bobby is the only one that can make those changes.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #24
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
i had brought up the thought kind of like the build threads...have the main header (in this case being 'Toyota trucks and SUVs', then the different models that are non-tacomas fall under that. bobby is the only one that can make those changes.
Yeah, that sounds perfect to me.
Out of curiosity...how difficult/easy is it to add or move forum sections like that?
Old 11-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #25
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Yeah, that sounds perfect to me.
Out of curiosity...how difficult/easy is it to add or move forum sections like that?
shouldnt be hard. usually the pain is moving posts into new sections from old ones.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #26
LensCap

Quote:
shouldnt be hard. usually the pain is moving posts into new sections from old ones.
Ah, I thought that they would automatically transfer over as a group, which would make it much easier.
Cool, thanks!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #27
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Ah, I thought that they would automatically transfer over as a group, which would make it much easier.
Cool, thanks!
a group to group move should be, but making a new section and filling it w/ posts from elsewhere is a pain to go through.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #28
LensCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCruiser View Post
That would like saying if you want jokes, turn off the computer and go watch the comedy station.
If the comedy station has better/more jokes than the internet, wouldn't you go to the comedy station? Different forums have different information, and in my experience yotatech has more info on pre-tacos than TW. Because we don't have a section here, I ask vehicle-specific questions on yotatech. It just takes a while to get responses. I'll bet that if I asked the same questions over here I would quickly have many replies. I just would rather post them in a section devoted to pre-tacos so that they don't clutter up other sections.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #29
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If the comedy station has better/more jokes than the internet, wouldn't you go to the comedy station? Different forums have different information, and in my experience yotatech has more info on pre-tacos than TW. Because we don't have a section here, I ask vehicle-specific questions on yotatech. It just takes a while to get responses. I'll bet that if I asked the same questions over here I would quickly have many replies. I just would rather post them in a section devoted to pre-tacos so that they don't clutter up other sections.
YotaTech is full of great info for research. But we all like TW, the people, the atmosphere, etc so it'd be nice to BS with like-vehicled people, just like the Tundra, FJ, and 4Runner sections
Old 01-12-2013, 02:02 PM   #30
LensCap

Is anything going on with this? Mods?