Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

PreTaco specific section

Old 09-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
PreTaco specific section

Since I've bought my Toyota Pickup I find myself on YotaTech a lot doing my homework. I still like TacomaWorld a lot better. I feel like it's easier navigated, more frequently visited by more members and there's more support here (even if most of you are dicks).

Just a suggestion (hence the suggestion section) but I thought it would be convenient to have an official pre-taco section here on TW. There are quite a few people on here who have them and it would probably draw some members from other forums like YT too. Maybe it'd be worth it, maybe not, just something to tumble around. I know I like it here and would personally like to see a more official section dedicated to the old school yotas that started it all, so there's my suggestion cheers.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:52 PM   #2
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
If there is enough need for it. Why not!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:30 PM   #3
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
reopening an old thread...
It's funny, I found this thread when I was actually looking for any info on your 93 in your sig because I'm gathering info on suspension upgrades so I can fit 33" tires and get better suspension in general.
I've joined TTORA forum and they have a fair amount of info and decent traffic, but not near as much as on TW. TW is much easier with pictures, too. I'd definitely find a pre-taco section useful, but that may be because I have a hilux and not a tacoma...
Old 10-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #4
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
X2 on this. ( I dont have a pre taco) It would be nice though to look back in time
Old 10-19-2012, 11:08 PM   #5
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
I agree.
It's a Tacoma site, but we have sections for 'Runners and Tundras.
Why not the truck that secured Toyota's market position in the US and enabled them to begin producing the US-Made Tacoma!
Old 10-19-2012, 11:48 PM   #6
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
If you want info about a pre taco pickup, Yotatech is the place to go.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #7
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I just joined yotatech for more info on my truck....holy crap there's so much info!
Old 10-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #8
H Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Heather
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
I agree!

I like Yotatech, but it is kind of a ghost town over there. I am on here much more often.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #9
H Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
reopening an old thread...
It's funny, I found this thread when I was actually looking for any info on your 93 in your sig because I'm gathering info on suspension upgrades so I can fit 33" tires and get better suspension in general.
I've joined TTORA forum and they have a fair amount of info and decent traffic, but not near as much as on TW. TW is much easier with pictures, too. I'd definitely find a pre-taco section useful, but that may be because I have a hilux and not a tacoma...
Off topic-- I saw your thread over on ttora... You can fit 33s with only cranking the torsion bars and putting a lift shackle on the rear. It will be an awful ride though. I'd probably recommend ball joint spacers for the front.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #10
LensCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
Off topic-- I saw your thread over on ttora... You can fit 33s with only cranking the torsion bars and putting a lift shackle on the rear. It will be an awful ride though. I'd probably recommend ball joint spacers for the front.
Yeah I'd like to do something better, as the suspension in the rear is pretty sad right now after 19 years with a heavy camper shell on the back. It was interesting when I added the arb bumper + winch it leveled the truck out a bit, which was pretty nice.
So I'm thinking of doing what the one guy said: ball joint spacers, OME dakar leafs, OME shocks all around, and probably OME torsion bars.
Thanks for the extra input!
Old 10-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #11
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
Yeah I'd like to do something better, as the suspension in the rear is pretty sad right now after 19 years with a heavy camper shell on the back. It was interesting when I added the arb bumper + winch it leveled the truck out a bit, which was pretty nice.
So I'm thinking of doing what the one guy said: ball joint spacers, OME dakar leafs, OME shocks all around, and probably OME torsion bars.
Thanks for the extra input!
Sounds like a good plan to me! It will ride much better with new leaf springs and shocks.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #12
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OME would be my recommendation also I love the ride on and off road
EDIT: I should mention that I only have the shocks and steering stabiliser. I opted out of the leaf pack and t-bars for now. I like the stock ride height. In research though you may find that the OME leaf pack provides more lift than the new t-bars can be comfortably cranked to. option 1.) is to install a small bj spacer to bring the front up and match the rear. option 2.) is to take a leaf out (3rd from top I think, don't remember) and bring the rear down to match the front. Just some more info for you since you're looking to lift. I only replaced the shocks, no lift, but that is what I found.

And I'm on Yotatech too (first thing in the OP), great guys but takes about a week to a month for replies. . . TW is legit and it'd be cool for TW guys with experience to have a space to help each other with old projects!
Old 10-21-2012, 12:45 AM   #13
LensCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
OME would be my recommendation also I love the ride on and off road
EDIT: I should mention that I only have the shocks and steering stabiliser. I opted out of the leaf pack and t-bars for now. I like the stock ride height. In research though you may find that the OME leaf pack provides more lift than the new t-bars can be comfortably cranked to. option 1.) is to install a small bj spacer to bring the front up and match the rear. option 2.) is to take a leaf out (3rd from top I think, don't remember) and bring the rear down to match the front. Just some more info for you since you're looking to lift. I only replaced the shocks, no lift, but that is what I found.

And I'm on Yotatech too (first thing in the OP), great guys but takes about a week to a month for replies. . . TW is legit and it'd be cool for TW guys with experience to have a space to help each other with old projects!
Yeah, I'm would like to increase the rear height especially because the shell is super heavy and I've got a little itty bit of bro lean, but the front bumper seemed to even it out some. I do like it lower, though, not very tall.
Yeah, I asked the suspension question on ttora a few days ago and only two people have responded with 202 views...in the day-ish that my question has been brought up in this thread, I've already gotten two responses. Much faster response time.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:51 AM   #14
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
I started with "helper" leaves on my '94, but ultimately added a Fabtech add-a-leaf kit to repair the sag.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #15

So . . . any Mod love on this idea. It'd be sweet for the few of us, what say you boss man Bob?
Old 11-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #16
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
I think its a pretty good idea!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #17

Bumpity for consideration
Old 11-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #18
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
A PreTaco section on TacoWorld?
Eh Taco is still in the name so i say
Make this happen yo
Old 11-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #19

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/other-builds/

There are just short of 20 builds on the first page of this alone^ and more who don't have build pages yet etc . . .
Old 11-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #20
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
Mods?