Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

quote - remove img tags or remove img

Old 10-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
I doughnut belong here.
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up quote - remove img tags or remove img

I believe it would be beneficial if when quoting, the img tags around someones photo would be removed, leaving the URL in the quote for people to click if need be.

or, possibly just removing the image from the quote which from a very small and quick google, it seems would be easy:

Quote:
Add this to style.css, right after the .quote block:

Code: [Select]
.quote img
{
display: none;
}

I think option two would not be as bad as some might think, because of the arrow when quoting, if clicked will take you directly to the post.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
I think we tried that long ago (both removing images and limiting the height of the quote)...we undid both because people wanted them back. if anything, i'll relimit the height again so we don't have crazy quote walls

good idea though
Old 10-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
That stuff pisses me off.
Not only does it make mobile surfing a pain (screw tapatalk or mobile versions) , and slower, it increases the bandwidth of someone's photo hosting site.