Option to disable .GIF signatures in control panel *Poll*

View Poll Results: What do you think?
Yes Large, this is a very good idea. 12 80.00%
No Large, this is a bad idea, quit being butt hurt. 3 20.00%
I have my own idea (explain) 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Option to disable .GIF signatures in control panel *Poll*

Trying to look at live on my phone, I don't like to use the mobile version because I like to edit my posts. On my desktop it's kind of the same issue, it loads the GIF sigs before it loads the content on the page. I guess this is more of a rant than anything, we wouldn't want to get rid of GIF sigs, just an option to turn them off in each individuals control panel. Yes? No?
Old 11-30-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
TW > Control Panel > Edit Options > Show Signatures
Old 11-30-2012, 07:53 AM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
TW > Control Panel > Edit Options > Show Signatures
I was aware about the disable option, I just figure I would throw this out on here. I like to see sigs with members trucks that link to build pages and what not but could go without the GIFs.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:02 AM   #4
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
that's not the first complaint we've had about big animated gifs. maybe i'll hack something together to handle those...
Old 11-30-2012, 08:04 AM   #5
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
that's not the first complaint we've had about big animated gifs. maybe i'll hack something together to handle those...
Thanks Bob.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #6
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Trying to look at live on my phone, I don't like to use the mobile version because I like to edit my posts. On my desktop it's kind of the same issue, it loads the GIF sigs before it loads the content on the page. I guess this is more of a rant than anything, we wouldn't want to get rid of GIF sigs, just an option to turn them off in each individuals control panel. Yes? No?
You can edit your posts in tapatalk
Old 11-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #7
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
x2
Old 11-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #8
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No you can't
Old 11-30-2012, 08:24 AM   #9
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Yes you can
See ^^
Old 11-30-2012, 08:26 AM   #10
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Now the gifs are a LARGE pain in my ass
Old 11-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #11
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxRome View Post
Now the gifs are a LARGE pain in my ass
Old 11-30-2012, 08:38 AM   #12
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's not just about editing posts, I like the look of the desktop site. Even on my desktop it loads the GIFs before loading the page content, if it were the other way around I would be a happy camper. Like I said it's more of a rant than anything. Scrolling the mouse wheel and the page doesn't move until the GIF is loaded.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #13
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No you can't
Quote:
See ^^
haha
Old 12-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #14
Coolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Coolerman's Tacoma Gallery
I voted yes this is a good idea. Then I remembered that there are so many good jiggling bewb jifs that I enjoy.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #15
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Wow are people still using 56k or something? I havent seen any loading issues on the web in years. Lol.

On a side note you guys know you can edit your browser settings to allow multiple connections....thus making things faster. This is a huge key feature in Firefox. If its a huge GIF... it loads when it loads, and won't slow down the rest of the page.

Oh and I edited my post twice in tapatalk....dunno what u guys are having problems for.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:49 AM   #17
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Wow are people still using 56k or something? I havent seen any loading issues on the web in years. Lol.

On a side note you guys know you can edit your browser settings to allow multiple connections....thus making things faster. This is a huge key feature in Firefox. If its a huge GIF... it loads when it loads, and won't slow down the rest of the page.

Oh and I edited my post twice in tapatalk....dunno what u guys are having problems for.
Funny how that works. Depending on where I stand I get a better connection to my neighbors wifi than my own. I set up all of my own connections and am quite savvy with networking so I use optimum settings and 2 range extenders but that argument is for a different time.

The context of the rant is I like to use my phone (probably 90% of the time) to surf TW. I also like to look at the desktop site when browsing rather than the mobile version, that means your 2nd paragraph is only 10% relative (probably less, I don't think there is a firefox app with those options for a phone) to this poll. I'm not one for arguments but I think the poll speaks for its self. If Bob implements some kind of option to disable them in each users cp I think that would be great, the people who love the gifs can keep loving them with an option to turn them off. He already said he's gotten complaints before.