Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

Thread deletion/changes

Old 01-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Thread deletion/changes

I was thinking it would be a good idea to allow the OP of a thread delete it and not have to PM a mod to do so. I know there is a lot of for sale threads out there that could be cleaned up if the OP was able to remove their own threads by just deleting the OP of the thread. I myself have about 10 to 15 that could be removed. Also being able to change the title of the thread yourself I'm sure mods get lots of requests for that one.

Just a thought
Old 01-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
I was thinking it would be a good idea to allow the OP of a thread delete it and not have to PM a mod to do so. I know there is a lot of for sale threads out there that could be cleaned up if the OP was able to remove their own threads by just deleting the OP of the thread. I myself have about 10 to 15 that could be removed. Also being able to change the title of the thread yourself I'm sure mods get lots of requests for that one.

Just a thought
I agree with the title change. Good point.

I don't like the instant thread deletion idea. An OP may have started a thread, but by virtue of the internet being what it is, the thread may grow beyond the OP, and that thread may have value to the larger group.

Frank
Old 01-16-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
I thought there was or was going to be a flag the OP could hit on for sale threads that would flag it as sold and let it fall to the bottom of the pile. Then again maybe I should have my truck checked for an exhast leak.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not a fan of giving the people the permission to alter F/S threads purely due to fraudulent sales.

I have no issues with any other threads being deleted by the OP or modifying the title.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #5
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post

I don't like the instant thread deletion idea. An OP may have started a thread, but by virtue of the internet being what it is, the thread may grow beyond the OP, and that thread may have value to the larger group.

Frank
Agreed.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #6
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post

Frank
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
I'm not a fan of giving the people the permission to alter F/S threads purely due to fraudulent sales.

I have no issues with any other threads being deleted by the OP or modifying the title.
Yeah good points There has to be a way to flag them for deletion. maybe like a report button only the OP can see when they edit the post that pings the mods to remove the thread. Then it's up to the mod if the thread is removed or not.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #7
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah good points There has to be a way to flag them for deletion. maybe like a report button only the OP can see when they edit the post that pings the mods to remove the thread. Then it's up to the mod if the thread is removed or not.
I like that better.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #8
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shaun
Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Just a thought
I'd be happy if we could just make edits to the title of our posts...hate the name of my build thread but not enough to bother a mod to change it for me.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #9
Blame Crablegs
PreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPreRunner03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ethan
PreRunner03's Tacoma Gallery
The OP can report his own post for deletion. Same as any other post.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #10
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
I like that better.
x2! Maybe when the OP flags it it will hide it from everyone till a mod can take a look at it.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:48 PM   #11
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunner03 View Post
The OP can report his own post for deletion. Same as any other post.
Not a post the whole thread. I guess if you report the OP they remove the thread
Old 01-16-2013, 06:26 PM   #12
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
usually, for sale threads get closed, not deleted. that way if something happens, the buyer can go back if issues arise. plus it also helps others when trying to price items.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #13
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
usually, for sale threads get closed, not deleted. that way if something happens, the buyer can go back if issues arise. plus it also helps others when trying to price items.
I see Okay then how about this Vendors be able to remove threads they started in their vendor section. For an example I sell a blem part or a return and post a thread in my vendor section. After I sell I'm able to remove it.

And I still think changing thread titles form the OP would be pretty helpful.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #14
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
I thought there was or was going to be a flag the OP could hit on for sale threads that would flag it as sold and let it fall to the bottom of the pile. Then again maybe I should have my truck checked for an exhast leak.
being worked on...
Old 01-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #15
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
being worked on...
Old 01-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #16
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I'll usually PM a mod to lock the thread after an item has been sold.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #17
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
So did this deletion/name change idea ever come to be? I'd like to change my build threads name and delete a few of the posts I've started that really are worthless... I'm the only one that's posted in em and they weren't actually worthy posts, I was just a noob at the time