Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

AARRRRGGHHHH!!!!

Old 03-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
Dr. Frankenstien, in surgery
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
AARRRRGGHHHH!!!!

Okay...

so..I have had this happen..oh...idk...a lot. Ill be typing either a very detailed reply or an entire write up and then...

my browser crashes..

power goes out..

something to make the internet go down. and it allllll GONNNEE!!!!

anyways..i have noticed some forums save drafts now like Expeditionportal...very very very nice!!

can we have that

thanks
Old 03-15-2013, 02:44 AM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
looking into it...
Old 03-15-2013, 03:18 AM   #4
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I'm with Mark.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #6
Army Retired
mltaylo3 is a splendid one to beholdmltaylo3 is a splendid one to beholdmltaylo3 is a splendid one to beholdmltaylo3 is a splendid one to beholdmltaylo3 is a splendid one to beholdmltaylo3 is a splendid one to behold

Army: Retired Army, Signal Corps
Name: Mike
mltaylo3's Tacoma Gallery
Get in the habit of pressing Ctrl+a and then Ctrl+c. They are the keyboard shortcuts in windows for select all text and copy. To paste, just press Ctrl+v. Has saved me more times than I can count.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #7
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
Hahaha I'll type up a big reply then accidents hit the back button on my mouse or something like that and poof! Gone. Then I give up and don't even bother doing it again. Good suggestion montezuma
On chrome I just click forward and my typing is still there.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #8
Nickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shedNickel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Diego
Nickel's Tacoma Gallery
I feel your pain op. one day I wrote a freakin novel in response to some post, it took 8 hours, because I could only type for short periods of time. When I finally finished, I submit post, and "your session has timed out" or some freakin thing. Oh man, I wanted to throw the damn phone.
Thanks for suggesting the draft feature, I'm a member of several other forums, but TW is the only one I've ever posted on, so I've never noticed how the other forums even work.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #9
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Never had this happen when typing up a TW post, but I feel your pain.
This happens to me at work a LOT, makes me want to do similar to this little guy
Old 06-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #10
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mltaylo3 View Post
Get in the habit of pressing Ctrl+a and then Ctrl+c. They are the keyboard shortcuts in windows for select all text and copy. To paste, just press Ctrl+v. Has saved me more times than I can count.
How does this help if the browser crashes?? I'm certainly not going to control A every couple of seconds just in case it does happen?
Old 06-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #12
Army Retired
mltaylo3 is a splendid one to beholdmltaylo3 is a splendid one to beholdmltaylo3 is a splendid one to beholdmltaylo3 is a splendid one to beholdmltaylo3 is a splendid one to beholdmltaylo3 is a splendid one to behold

Army: Retired Army, Signal Corps
Name: Mike
mltaylo3's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, it's painful, but sooo much better than retyping. If the browser crashes, simply reopen, navigate back to your page, and press Ctrl+v. Your info was saved in the windows clipboard, so it will still be there. Only way to lose your data is to log off, restart, shut down, power failure, or if you save other data to the windows clipboard. As an alternative, if you use Firefox, I believe there is a plugin called "resurrect" that will auto save what you type to another clipboard of sorts. Might be a useful alternative for some until we all get our wish and the mods give us the forum features that we all hope for.