Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

Way to hide threads?

Old 04-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Way to hide threads?

Alright, follow me here....

Due to that silly guns/god/shootings thread today it made me think about no religion/politics/etc on this site, which I'm down with. But it got me thinking.... What if there WERE sections of TW that were devoted to Politics and Religion and Guns and War, but you'd be able to "hide" or not see the thread if you so choose? I tend to get sucked into those threads only becasue they appear in my home screen since people have responded to them. Maybe if there were sections attached to the Green Room devoted to those taboo topics then less people would actually respond because they could hide it. Just a thought.

Cliff Notes: Is it possible to hide an entire thread or section of this website from appearing on the Home screen stream?

Does any of this make sense?
Old 04-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
The green room is hidden
Old 04-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The problem is though, that even if the threads were allowed in certain areas, people still get butt hurt and it spreads over to the main forum

Because of that, those threads will still be off limits
Old 04-05-2013, 02:28 PM   #4
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I guess I meant similiar to the Green Room, or maybe that's the only place those topics can be posted.

Yeah, the butthurt is strong on the interwebz. Hmmm.... am gonna think a bit more on it, but you're probably right - there's no way around it.

Thanks, man!

EDIT: WAit... forget allowing those topics, but could there be a way to hide threads you don't want to see? For example.... there's this silly "Jim Carey Cold Dead Hands" one I wouldn't mind NOT seeing. Simple answer is, don't click on it, yes, but after a while curiosity takes its toll...
Old 04-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #5
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
The problem is though, that even if the threads were allowed in certain areas, people still get butt hurt and it spreads over to the main forum

Because of that, those threads will still be off limits
usernames could be turned into user numbers that change from off limits thread to thread.

btw,i'm not saying they won't be off limits, just saying that there is a possible solution.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:25 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Or we can continue to just not allow them

and OP, no currently you cannot hide threads...you just have to avoid them
Old 04-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #7
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
usernames could be turned into user numbers that change from off limits thread to thread.

btw,i'm not saying they won't be off limits, just saying that there is a possible solution.
Except that due to writing style and mannerisms, we would still be able to ID the poster.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #8
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
There's a vB plugin called Selective Forum Filter that allows you to filter forums (not threads).

It's useful of there are forums you never look through and if a member chooses to exclude a forum, it won't get searched either. Kinda cool.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #9
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
I guess I meant similiar to the Green Room, or maybe that's the only place those topics can be posted.

Yeah, the butthurt is strong on the interwebz. Hmmm.... am gonna think a bit more on it, but you're probably right - there's no way around it.

Thanks, man!

EDIT: WAit... forget allowing those topics, but could there be a way to hide threads you don't want to see? For example.... there's this silly "Jim Carey Cold Dead Hands" one I wouldn't mind NOT seeing. Simple answer is, don't click on it, yes, but after a while curiosity takes its toll...
I made that
and now it's locked

thanks, obama
Old 04-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #12
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
I made that
and now it's locked

thanks, Larry
Old 04-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #14
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
There are places to put threads so they are not seen my the masses
Old 04-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #15

lol No basement! Well, maybe later. I just meant that ability to "hide" or "ignore" a thread from your home feed thereby allowing you to see the content more suited to what you want. The "I'm dating an Indian" thread is fun, but when it pops up every sixty seconds, it can become annoying (just as an example). First World problems.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #16
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
How about create WileyWorld in the Green room. Warn at the top that it is unmoderated. Enter at ye own peril. Butthurt guaranteed. But at least it won't show up on the home page.