Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

TW gathering

Old 11-26-2006, 11:01 PM   #1
dibsen is on a distinguished road

dibsen's Tacoma Gallery
TW gathering

How about it?

If any one has a sweet spot in mind, preferably centraly located, we should set a date. How about the summer?
Old 11-27-2006, 03:42 PM   #2
edave5 will become famous soon enough
edave5's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to edave5
how about we just organize our own meet for our own area. I've seen this on another site how it works like that and it works well, since everyone can't make it to one big meeting obviously.

I live in SoCal, and I don't think I would be willing to drive any further than Las Vegas, NV or Phoenix, AZ... Local meetings are great, but not everyone can make it to any one meeting.

That's why our meetings have to be independantly scheduled by various members, or "event organizers" who would handle all of the "arrangements" for one particular area's meetings. That way, everyone can attend a meet.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:14 PM   #3
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
I think we should all meet in one location. we all like to know and finally meet tcbob
Old 11-27-2006, 08:28 PM   #4
archer of loaf will become famous soon enough

archer of loaf's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to archer of loaf Send a message via Yahoo to archer of loaf
Not logical to all meet in one place we have people from all over the US and Canada. lol...
Old 11-27-2006, 09:57 PM   #5
edave5's Tacoma Gallery
i agree loaf archer, it is simply impractical.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:22 AM   #6

dibsen's Tacoma Gallery
I like the regenal idea. Think I'll start peicing some stuff together for the summer.

Is anybody else in my neck of the woods interested?
Old 11-28-2006, 10:07 AM   #7
archer of loaf will become famous soon enough

archer of loaf's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to archer of loaf Send a message via Yahoo to archer of loaf
Regional meetings would be the best avenue to go down. Florida, Southern Cali, Pacific Northwest… etc
Old 11-28-2006, 10:31 AM   #8
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah regional meet ups will definitely be in the works. I'll make announcements about it when the time comes.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:04 PM   #9
amelia is on a distinguished road
amelia's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to amelia
meeting would be way cool but i live in elko do any of u even know where that is but i would go somewhere to meet people road trip in the yota hell yeah
Old 11-28-2006, 03:43 PM   #10
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amelia View Post
meeting would be way cool but i live in elko do any of u even know where that is but i would go somewhere to meet people road trip in the yota hell yeah
Something bout a balloon festival...that's all I got.

Yeah the south western US meetup would be somewhere in SoCal coz we have quite a few members from down there.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:20 PM   #11
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Well I'm going to be in San Diego December 17th-22nd for a class (sans truck of course) so if anyone wants to meet up I'm game.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:40 PM   #12
edave5's Tacoma Gallery
Whachya Think?

I have a few more ideas here, let me know what you think!

For each meeting, there should be:

1) CAMP:
A designated camping area large enough for all members (if it's a weekend long event) could be a clearing in the middle of nowhere, or a camping park, depending on preference or vote maybe?

Lets not forget not every member is here for off-roading, and some don't have taco's capable of off-roading (twoarezee ). Or perhaps they don't want to risk it. For this reason, a paved road or camping park would be best so that way we are not being fascist and catering to the majority only.
2) TRAILS:
The area should have different trails that can be categorized by:
a) required driver experience level and;
b) required rig ability for said trail.
Such Trail Levels could be: Easy, Medium, Hard, and 4X4 ONLY. Or somthing to that effect.
3) TRAIL MASTERS:
Trail masters, or group leaders, would be the members deemed as experienced on said trail and would lead or coordinate the ride along the trail. These group leaders would of course have to be familiar with the trail before the meeting and are appointed for that reason. They will show the drivers that are unfamiliar with the trail where they have fun. There should be an experienced leader for every Trail Level.
4) SPECIAL EVENTS:
There HAS to be events! No, not pin the donkey. Somthing like:
a) Mud bog (if proper conditions exist);
b) Hill climb;
c) Burn out;
d) Barbeques!;
e) Beer (I love my beer, but only if my truck is parked for the night. NO DRINKING AND DRIVING! PERIOD!)
f) Let's not forget the bon-fire! (Glamis Sand Dunes, here we come!)
And it can go as far as having your buddy's band come along and play on a ghetto-fabbed plywood stage, as long as everyone has fun, that's all that matters in the end, right?

And most importantly, all events should be carried out without bias against other members or their rigs. We're all there to have fun and meet members with the same interests, i mean, that's why we're all members here at TW.com right?

And if there is any fighting, you will both be duct taped to the nearest tree until further notice. Perhaps with a dunce cap?

If you are off-roading it's a good idea to have Recovery points on front and rear of your vehicle. Winches are also an obvious plus.

Also, this meeting should be open to any type of vehicle (so us taco's can pull some jeeps and H2s out! )

I would love to hear input on this, whether it be criticism, praise, or an addendum. Just ideas anyways...
Let's hear some good ideas on more possible events!
Old 11-28-2006, 09:02 PM   #13

dibsen's Tacoma Gallery
I think you have some great ideas and those are probaly some realistic goals. But to put something like that woud take a lot of time and planing. It would have to be put together by someone with some dedication.

I'd just like to see if we can get a deasent sized crowd first and build on it each time. But I have a lot of friends with Tacos that I work with, and in my job I usualy get the weekend off. So I'll start turning gears and see what I can come up with.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:46 AM   #14
amelia's Tacoma Gallery
hey killer ideas guys im sure we can some how put somthing together that would work. just have different groups that are close to each other meet like california, nevada, idaho, ect. see were close enough to meet id go some where to meet. hey we might be the only town in the u.s. that no one knows about but our canyons killer if ya like snow cuz its covered right now lots of snow machines out right know and if ya like to board i hope ya like to climb no lifts. but id be down meeting some where warmer im freezing. our high is about 25 degrees real high huh.
then we can all post pics from the meets from all the different groups and if ya see somthing ya like then you can always go meet with the others if everyone likes it enough to meet again. so how bout that or am i totally jus talkin out my ass.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:07 PM   #15

dibsen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hey killer ideas guys im sure we can some how put somthing together that would work. just have different groups that are close to each other meet like california, nevada, idaho, ect. see were close enough to meet id go some where to meet. hey we might be the only town in the u.s. that no one knows about but our canyons killer if ya like snow cuz its covered right now lots of snow machines out right know and if ya like to board i hope ya like to climb no lifts. but id be down meeting some where warmer im freezing. our high is about 25 degrees real high huh.
then we can all post pics from the meets from all the different groups and if ya see somthing ya like then you can always go meet with the others if everyone likes it enough to meet again. so how bout that or am i totally jus talkin out my ass.
I think your right-on. And by the way, does the "E" stand for Eygept
Old 11-29-2006, 04:27 PM   #16
lexusoftrucks is on a distinguished road
lexusoftrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Cool gathering

Vegas baby!
Old 12-07-2006, 05:59 AM   #17
tx_steve is on a distinguished road
tx_steve's Tacoma Gallery
maybe a new thread for each region should be started to see how much interest there is for a given area !?
Old 12-07-2006, 12:44 PM   #18
LovinMyTaco07 is on a distinguished road
LovinMyTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know.. while in college I had a g/f from Fallon, NV and I lived in Rexburg, Idaho so Elko was inbetween here an there...

How many people are in the midwest? I've only seen a small handful.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:31 AM   #19
amelia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinMyTaco07 View Post
I know.. while in college I had a g/f from Fallon, NV and I lived in Rexburg, Idaho so Elko was inbetween here an there...

How many people are in the midwest? I've only seen a small handful.

not very many in the little areas but california is huge and they are all movin this way. well not all of them but a lot of them. reno and vegas are pretty big too i like reno its the shit. we would be able to have a tacoma met here theres so many of them here but i dont think anyone else from here is a member i should tell people huh.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #20
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I love being in the south/central part of the country! You guys tell me where it is and my wife and I are there!