Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

New TW Banner?

View Poll Results: Which one do you like the best?
1 18 15.52%
2 15 12.93%
3 36 31.03%
4 14 12.07%
I hate all of them and the creator. 33 28.45%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
New TW Banner?

I took the liberty of Photoshopping some possible new site banners in case you mods ever wanted a new look. They are all the same image size as the current banner, so they would be in the same place and scale as the current.

Please post up your comments, critiques, insults, etc...

1:

2:

3:

4:

Matt
Old 06-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
2. with devil horns might be interesting.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #3
God Bless America
Rustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Rustbucket's Tacoma Gallery
^ I agree. Number 2 with devil horns
Old 06-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
the current one has a 3D look to it. The ones you made, while they look very good, lack the "3D" effect.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #5
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
the current one has a 3D look to it. The ones you made, while they look very good, lack the "3D" effect.
Those are just bevel and outer glow effects. You can see a little bit of that in the first option's Toyota Truck's logo and the outer glow of the logo's. (I did decrease the opacity of the glow to make it less cheesy, but it is actually difficult to see on the black background, so that can be bumped up) If the mods really wanted that look and approved the otherwise look of one, I can add effects to make it look that way. Just a thought if anyone's seriously interested in changing the banner.

Matt
Old 06-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Those are just bevel and outer glow effects. You can see a little bit of that in the first option's Toyota Truck's logo and the outer glow of the logo's. (I did decrease the opacity of the glow to make it less cheesy, but it is actually difficult to see on the black background, so that can be bumped up) If the mods really wanted that look and approved the otherwise look of one, I can add effects to make it look that way. Just a thought if anyone's seriously interested in changing the banner.

Matt
Kewl. We need to get Bob's thoughts on it.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #7
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
It takes them years to change the truck portion of the banner. I can only imagine how long it would take to change the main banner... centuries?
Old 06-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #8
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
#3, agree on the 3D part it would look more professional
Old 06-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
What's wrong with the current one?

I voted for option 5
Old 06-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #10
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post

I voted for option 5
X2
Old 06-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #11
CIAGDDS is a jewel in the roughCIAGDDS is a jewel in the roughCIAGDDS is a jewel in the roughCIAGDDS is a jewel in the rough
CIAGDDS's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't mean to vote for #1. I meant #3. I don't really care for the newer symbol.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #12

Firefighter:
Quote:

I voted for option 5
Why change anything ever?

Matt
Old 06-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #13
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I voted for option 5
This
Old 06-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #15
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
#2 but with the regular Toyota logo
Old 06-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #16
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Why change anything ever?

Matt
Ah, your one if THOSE guys...
Old 06-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #17
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I voted for option 5
Ditto.

Replace the "Yota" with the 3D looking truck logo from the first one, but the current fonts and script look nice.

But even on the "truck logo"... that's not the grille emblem. It's a TM of Toyota, but shouldn't we wait until (if ever, it's been around for 8 years) it actually appears on the exterior of a Tacoma?
Old 06-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #18
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yup... change it because it hasn't been changed in a long time.

Osco corp found out how well that worked when they changed the name of their drug stores from Sav-On to Osco in California. They tanked. Damned near went out of business.
Sav-On came back and their customers came back.

"Brand recognition" is a very good reason NOT to change things very often.
There's a reason the old oval Toyota logo is still used on the exterior of the trucks. Automakers don't make badge changes often... and when they do, they are generally very subtle, where looking at a badge from 2013 and 1953, you can see a huge difference, but not so much between 2013 and 1993.

Toyota going to the oval badge was pretty bold for it's time.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #19

Firefighter:
Quote:

I voted for option 5
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Yup... change it because it hasn't been changed in a long time.

Osco corp found out how well that worked when they changed the name of their drug stores from Sav-On to Osco in California. They tanked. Damned near went out of business.
Sav-On came back and their customers came back.

"Brand recognition" is a very good reason NOT to change things very often.
There's a reason the old oval Toyota logo is still used on the exterior of the trucks. Automakers don't make badge changes often... and when they do, they are generally very subtle, where looking at a badge from 2013 and 1953, you can see a huge difference, but not so much between 2013 and 1993.

Toyota going to the oval badge was pretty bold for it's time.
Jesus christ...I was just trying to make something to give the site a little change. I used the exact same wording and figured since we are a truck forum, I could use the "Toyota Trucks" logo. Sorry if I offended anyone who wanted to marry the current banner picture...

Matt