1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tonights Bitchfest

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by DanGer, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Jun 23, 2009 at 9:14 PM
    DanGer

DanGer [OP] Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    TW members, if you have an issue with actions taken by moderators on threads, can you please PM the moderators first before you make a whole new thread dedicated to how much you hate this site how unfair it is and wah wah wah without even seeking an explanation.

Neon this isn't about your thread...there were other incidents tonight that warrant this request from me.

2. Jun 24, 2009 at 4:14 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    This is where I differ in oppinion....

If the Moderators are doing something that affects ONE person - they should send that affected person a private message immediately after - explaining to them what they did and why.

For example - if a person posts something and a moderator deletes it....
    The Moderator should send a PM and say - "I deleted your post because it does not meet forum guidelines"

If there was more communication to the affected individuals - you wouldn't get any grief from the members wondering what the hell happened and why.

3. Jun 24, 2009 at 5:08 AM
    DanGer

DanGer [OP] Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,

But the grief in question was a moderator moved a thread to the appropriate sub forum and the poster flipped out. The person immediately posted how he was leaving this forum because the moderators moved his thread to where it belonged.

4. Jun 24, 2009 at 7:48 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Again.... If the moderators would shoot a PM explaining what happened & why - it should prevent all that.

If someone is gonna flip out AFTER the moderator sends them a PM.....then guess what? If they don't read their PM's - that's not the mods fault.
    The mods can simply say....DUDE, I sent you a PM. Did you read it?

Ahhh....durrr...No...sorry...I didn't.
    **effectively making themselves look like a total ass. Besides all that - if someone has a problem with the decision, the person can return a PM and discuss it privately with the mod.

Surely, it's stupid to post a thread like that. But..put yourself in their shoes. They have the right to know why and who moved/deleted their thread (for whatever reason) if they choose to.

5. Jun 24, 2009 at 7:50 AM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    you have a good point there jan

6. Jun 24, 2009 at 7:54 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    What did I miss?

7. Jun 24, 2009 at 8:00 AM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    Again I have to say that compared to other forums, this one is the most lenient. Some places are so anal they have no rep system, no photo gallery, and will actually give you warning points against you if they feel like it! I had one mod on a forum tell me in my own thread (when he should have PMd me) to stop posting videos because HE felt it wasn't necessary and it "wasted bandwidth". That forum is run through the SAME website engine as this one and has the same capacity as this one, but that one has a group of snobby power nuts running it.
    I'm telling you guys we have it made here and if people keep crying like this they may provoke stricter behavior from the mods! I myself have had a couple things deleted here and I never said a word. They have "for the better of the group" reasons for doing what they do, and given some of the crap they let go here, I feel they are using their powers conservatively.

8. Jun 24, 2009 at 8:01 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    I disagree with this statement because this is a privately owned forum. We have no rights with regards to being notified of anything.

Secondly, things are pretty laxed around here. Genereally threads/posts are only moved/deleted because they violate forum rules.

9. Jun 24, 2009 at 8:03 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    I say if that member lost their shit because of that it is a form of natural selection and they should visit another site. We are supposed to be adults and we can communicate better than some do. Personally I don't mind a less members to save the quality ones we do have.

10. Jun 24, 2009 at 8:04 AM
    eordonez

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    I think what Janster says its that a "courtesy" PM would avoid some of the rants...

11. Jun 24, 2009 at 8:05 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    That is understandable.

12. Jun 24, 2009 at 8:06 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    I do agree with Jan for the most part. I ask a mod if I have a problematic question before making an ass of myself. I think our mods do a fine job.

13. Jun 24, 2009 at 8:08 AM
    eordonez

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    I think before a couple of times tcbob or some of the mods would pm if one of my posts was offensive or out of boundaries, and i went back and removed it myself, but that was a year ago, now we have a lot of users and its difficult for the mods to keep up with all the threads and PM everyone about every single mistake or bad post we do, thats what i understand....

14. Jun 24, 2009 at 8:10 AM
    silverbullet05

silverbullet05 OnTheDarkSideOfTheMoon

Member:
    First Name:
    SlickRick
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    BLACK 09 DC 4x4 TRD OFF ROAD
    Icon Coilovers, Icon Rear Res. Shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, Fabtech AAL, TRD CAI, KMC XD Enduros, 285's BFG KM2; Demello Sliders, Full Budbuilt Skid Set
    Yeah I agree with most of ya. This forum has very chill mods. Dealing with other forums I haven't come across such a mellow group. I have had some stuff deleted and It was cuz I was being a dbag. They are just trying to keep the peace.

on the other hand if something gets moved or deleted and your pissed a new thread can get you frustrations addressed. More than likely you will end up with a pm telling you why and to cool it. So maybe a pm would help curtail all of these threads. Its not like someone wants to pm all the mods to find out what happened.

I know that no explination is owed but I just think people would feel less offended.

just my 2 cents

15. Jun 24, 2009 at 8:14 AM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    Yup good point Ed. Like right now, it's morning and there's ONE mod (visible) and 354 members online.

16. Jun 24, 2009 at 10:21 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Exactly... (Thankyou, at a loss for words)

I'm not saying anything would happen here...

But I've been involved with other forums where some of the mods would go over-the-top with their powers for whatever reason. People got pissed off because nobody fesses up to it. People would make assumptions of whom did it, ultimately...personality conflicts brewed along with distrust & dishonesty.

Again, not that it would happen here. But anytime you piss-off the members (for whatever reason)....you need to 'cover-your-ass' as much as possible or that shit will bite you in the ass.

If you're going by the rules and enforcing them as a mod should do - communicating to people upfront & immediately....settles those tempers and shuts 'em up.

17. Jun 24, 2009 at 10:23 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    If you have time to visit the forum ...you have time to send a PM.

If it gets too busy, you get more mods.

18. Jun 24, 2009 at 10:40 AM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    I will usually send the person a pm and let them know what i did, but use your judgement if you post things that are not appropriate and others might get affended dont post it and not expect us to delete it.

19. Jun 24, 2009 at 11:04 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Administration's servers, administration's rules, administration's purogatives, & what is posted is not personal property upinheeya. I do agree that a quick head's up PM would curtail a lot of needless WTF did my thread go threads.

20. Jun 24, 2009 at 12:42 PM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    x2

To Top