Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

Trouble Shooting Section

Old 02-28-2008, 05:49 PM   #1
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Trouble Shooting Section

I think it would be nice if we had a trouble shooting section. Something for common problems such as tires out of balance. People with less experience or knowledge could find symptoms of common problems as well as suggestions to fix or diagnosis.

Example:
Problem: Steering wobble at speeds between 55-60mph

Possible solution: Tires out of balance, Check tire pressure

Possibilities are endless. We (Tacoma World) have many knowledgeable members with years of experience under their belts. If anyone else thinks this is a good idea (or a bad one) please comment.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:51 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
I been planning something similar. Was thinking to go with a wiki style system where anyone can contribute.

Chime in if you have any ideas on this...
Old 02-28-2008, 05:59 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
I think it would be nice if we had a trouble shooting section. Something for common problems such as tires out of balance. People with less experience or knowledge could find symptoms of common problems as well as suggestions to fix or diagnosis.

Example:
Problem: Steering wobble at speeds between 55-60mph

Possible solution: Tires out of balance, Check tire pressure

Possibilities are endless. We (Tacoma World) have many knowledgeable members with years of experience under their belts. If anyone else thinks this is a good idea (or a bad one) please comment.
i think its one of the best ideas i have heard so far for tw to do. plus, it may actually keep from cluttering up certain sections. i know we go off topic alot, but this would be a way of not having 4 or 5 different threads in one section on the same topic...even though it may be worded differently.

good idea t4l!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 06:01 PM   #4
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know what a wiki style system is, but I agree anyone should be able to contribute. I was thinking something like the cheap/free mods thread where there can be a list of problems, click on one that applies and see possible solutions.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:18 PM   #5
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
I don't know what a wiki style system is, but I agree anyone should be able to contribute. I was thinking something like the cheap/free mods thread where there can be a list of problems, click on one that applies and see possible solutions.
Wikipedia is an example of an encyclopedia that uses the Wiki system. Anyone can contribute and/or edit any article (on the link above, someone has added the Tacomaworld site to the article). The theory is bad information will be edited out. I've seen studies where Wikipedia is more accurate than Encyclopedia Britanica. The only downsides are bad information can be posted that isn't reviewed and good information can be changed (the author of the original article is usually notified via email). Some senators got busted for editing their Wiki pages to remove negative information to make themselves look better.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:21 PM   #6
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
I been planning something similar. Was thinking to go with a wiki style system where anyone can contribute.
Good idea. Would you limit posting/editing rights to members of Tacomaworld?
Old 03-03-2008, 04:29 AM   #7
Mellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud of

Mellow's Tacoma Gallery
The only problem I've seen with wikis is they are not quite as user-friendly as the boards. We have one a member supports for one of my sites and it gets some traffic but most people just tend to post stuff on the main board anyway because it's easier.

We pretty much have one sub-forum on our site for known issues/concerns. We have another technical area that is broken into sub-forums like brakes, performance, oil (yeow!).

I think wikis are great but it's a tough sell to get people to really utilize them, if you can do it, you've got a winner.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:57 AM   #8
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
We're linked to from Wikipedia and TN isn't mentioned.

But back on topic I think it's a great idea.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:17 PM   #9
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post

Just wanted to bump this idea of adding wiki's. They could sit on top of the OP and anchor to the top of each page. Would be great for informative posts where details are changing/added (like T-SB's)