Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

my "halftime" speech

Old 12-20-2009, 10:46 PM   #21
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
very well said...totally agree
Old 12-20-2009, 10:51 PM   #22
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Well said tiger
Old 12-20-2009, 11:14 PM   #23
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Very well said. I completely agree with you. In addition, it is very hard to clearly express ones tone on the internet and it can be taken the wrong way easily. Especially by a new member. When I first joined up, I was extremely impressed by the closeness of this forum. Very friendly people. The support system on here is amazing and I've made quite a few friends along the way. I am a member of TONS of other forums. I mainly lurk on there. TW is the only place I have ever made this many posts on. (Believe it or not) Props to you Tigerfan00 on being able to clearly state this as it can be tricky wording some of these things.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:16 PM   #24
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Well put!

I participate on a number of boards for trucks and others. Each board has their own style and have value. If I want to be an asshole, I can go to an asshole board - even though, I've been an asshole to someone on this board who's name will go nameless.

TW certainly is one of the most helpful to everyone and that is GOOD! Unlike some of the boards that have a gang mentality of brutalizing folks to make them pay! For what, I don't know!

I've gone through a lot in the last 2 years and do a lot of navel contemplation (I am one of the old bastards by this boards standards). This board is certainly one of the most entertaining due to the dramatic variety of peeps. My problem, always have been, I'm a wise ass. I know it must bother some and entertains others.

One thing that really intrigues me is how shallow all of our prejudices can be... What I mean by that is what I call "trail merge"... You go out with a group of 20 people that don't know each other, may not even like each other if judging by exterior fronts (looks, sense of humor or lack of one, facial expression, clothing, etc) and may even hate each other! Give 'em 5 hours and some time, challanges, distractions, jokes, etc and you would have thought the person was completely different. Okay sometimes they still might be an asshole... But more often than not, our common interest has allowed us to get a different persective on ourself and others.

Keep up the good work and don't let me piss you off!
Old 12-20-2009, 11:22 PM   #25
Cwhitt09taco will become famous soon enoughCwhitt09taco will become famous soon enough
Name: Cody
Cwhitt09taco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm new here also, AMEN ON THAT, WELL SAID
Old 12-20-2009, 11:33 PM   #26
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
fghtngsquirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fghtngsquirrel
Agreed, which is why I have lessened how much time I spend on here. We all were "noobs" at one time, so we owe the boards and new members some help. Kudos
Old 12-21-2009, 05:10 AM   #27
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-21-2009, 05:20 AM   #28
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Fo Shizzle Jeff .. now bring me my goddamned donut
Old 12-21-2009, 05:22 AM   #29
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys for being so understanding. Now, what's the best oil to use in our trucks?
Old 12-21-2009, 05:29 AM   #30
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Agree...
Old 12-21-2009, 06:02 AM   #32
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
Thanks guys for being so understanding. Now, what's the best oil to use in our trucks?
motor oil.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:20 AM   #34
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Very well said Jeff. I have noticed the same issues you mentioned and have felt the same frustration as you and many others. Thank you for bringing it out in to the open for discussion.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:52 AM   #35
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you!
Old 12-21-2009, 07:13 AM   #36
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed, Tiger. The side tracking is funny and often informative. One of those "your questions reminded me of such and such..." I still consider myself a n00b and have probably asked obvious questions. meh. The search feature works but can be frustrating to wade through to get and answer. I'm not advocating laziness, but sparking a conversation via obvious questions can be pretty fun in addition to finding the answer.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:36 AM   #37
BWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of light
BWro's Tacoma Gallery
I am new here too, and since i joined i have noticed the same thing.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:47 AM   #38
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack48 View Post
Very well said. I completely agree with you. In addition, it is very hard to clearly express ones tone on the internet and it can be taken the wrong way easily. Especially by a new member. When I first joined up, I was extremely impressed by the closeness of this forum. Very friendly people. The support system on here is amazing and I've made quite a few friends along the way. I am a member of TONS of other forums. I mainly lurk on there. TW is the only place I have ever made this many posts on. (Believe it or not) Props to you Tigerfan00 on being able to clearly state this as it can be tricky wording some of these things.
Props to tigerfan, and I agree with everything you said Connor. I have been amazed at how friendly everyone is here, and I sometimes refer to this as my second family. Like you Connor, I have made a couple friends on here, and above all, I have learn a whole lot about my truck.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:17 AM   #39
LostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LostRebel's Tacoma Gallery
Nice post TigerFan. Very relevant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
I still don't know how the hell you guys get such a high post count, I'm on here every damned day and comment constantly. Shit i'm member 4929 and haven't broken 4k post, while you others have 16k and 40k!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
Keeping TW the way it was that attracted so many of us to stay and post whore is gonna be a group effort...lets work on it
... though my compliment may be nothing more than an effort to break the hundred mark and have a Senior Member rather than a little member.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:26 AM   #40
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostRebel View Post
Nice post TigerFan. Very relevant.

... though my compliment may be nothing more than an effort to break the hundred mark and have a Senior Member rather than a little member.
A Dr. can also help with that.