Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

my "halftime" speech

Old 12-20-2009, 10:52 PM   #1
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation ASSHOLES NEED TO READ THIS my "halftime" speech

Forgive me if i ramble a little bit

I joined TW in April of 2008

i'm member #5966

in 20 months since then, we've gained roughly 20K new members

that is INCREDIBLE growth

TW has a certain...atmosphere...or je nas se qoui...Out of the MANY forums i visit on a regular basis, this is the ONLY one i have broken the 1000 post count mark...which i surpassed a LONG time ago...TW has members ranging from 15 all the way to God only knows how old...We have members of every branch of Armed Forces, law enforcement, fire fighters, medics, and just about every other profession under the sun...We have members who are Christian, Jewish, Agnostic, Atheist, Muslim, and im sure there are many others...Bob has created, and we have, a very active community in which we all keep coming back to and enjoying...a place to BS and chit-chat...and NOT just ask questions about our trucks. This site is not geared just to offroaders, or street trucks...its open to the Tacoma community as a whole. We've always been very welcoming and open to every member that comes here unless they just absolutely give us a good reason to leave. TW is the only site i ever promote and introduce people to

BUT

I've noticed lately several things that just dont sit well with me...and i want to bring them up so that everyone can take notice

This site is what it is because of both the members and the moderators...we have a LOT of new members who join every day to find out new information about their trucks. Many people arent as well informed as some of yall out there may feel you are...or how you feel they should be. Not everyone who joins has ever been a member of a forum before, and many have never owned a truck or wanted to modify or work on a vehicle theyve owned before.

It used to be that there was a "race" so to speak between members as to who could correctly answer a post first...regardless of how many times that post had been made in the past. It's becoming more and more evident that this has fallen by the wayside in favor of posts such as

Quote:
I refuse to answer your question. There is a wealth of information from
many people who couldn't use a search tool, much like you. Give it a shot!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/search.php
This is a bullshit answer that will, if repeated too often, turn this site into every other toyota forum on the net. I dont care HOW many times someone asks if a tire size will fit...or where they should buy Bil. 5100s or whatever it is thats asked a million times in a million ways by half the new people that come on here...

TW has a tendancy to take threads off-topic...which i enjoy because many times, several other questions may get answered or someone else gets the help they needed. Because of this, asking...no...demanding that new users or anyone who posts a (God forbid) repeated question...is silly...a search is going to yield a bunch of us yakking about God knows what. Either answer the question, or dont post unless the question has been sufficently answered by a party who DOES know. Its not like its your server space its taking up room on...its Bob's

We're also becoming increasingly intolerant of others who think differently than us and theres an awful lot of personal attacks or attacks because of a members age. Just because I like functional offroad trucks doesnt mean i need to go berate the new guy who likes lowered show trucks...and just because a member is 16 doesnt mean he doesnt know what he's talking about.

FUCK THAT

im NOT saying we need to all hold hands and sing kumbayah because we're going to disagree about things...but damn guys...lets be a little more like the TW that drew us all in instead of the other sites that we dont visit as often. Do we give each other a hard time? absolutely...but lets let the members get a little more established before we start giving them one too

Keeping TW the way it was that attracted so many of us to stay and post whore is gonna be a group effort...lets work on it

If you have a problem with a post, or member...hit this little button and send a message to a moderator

if you still want to be an asshole...feel free to join another board
Old 12-20-2009, 10:55 PM   #2
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yeah brother. Well said. I have watched this place grow as well as my knowledge of our trucks. Don't fret though I still race to answer correctly. As well as try and keep people on point. Ask some of the older members when they get out of line I'll shoot a pm and state my claim.

I still don't know how the hell you guys get such a high post count, I'm on here every damned day and comment constantly. Shit i'm member 4929 and haven't broken 4k post, while you others have 16k and 40k!
Old 12-20-2009, 10:55 PM   #3
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed!
Old 12-20-2009, 10:58 PM   #4
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
well said!!
Old 12-20-2009, 10:59 PM   #5
cntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck
cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
I've been thinking it..............glad somebody said it!! Very ballsy indeed, good for you!!!!!
Old 12-20-2009, 10:59 PM   #6
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
X2 I have noticed this too, well said
Old 12-20-2009, 11:04 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
I still don't know how the hell you guys get such a high post count, I'm on here every damned day and comment constantly. Shit i'm member 4929 and haven't broken 4k post, while you others have 16k and 40k!

get into one of the chat threads and BS around with us...
Old 12-20-2009, 11:06 PM   #8
nemesis4 is on a distinguished road
nemesis4's Tacoma Gallery
to be honest dude, this is one of 3 forums im part of, and this one is easily the nicest and most courteous, helpful one, people who ask such questions as you referred to get torn apart by the other members in the other forums and i dont have a problem with it because its the result of laziness, search is there for a reason, and sometimes info is painfully obvious and even easier to obtain either through a search of the forum or a general knowledge search on Google.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:08 PM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Well said bro
Old 12-20-2009, 11:09 PM   #10
Go Braves!
blake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chazz Michael Michaels
blake1012's Tacoma Gallery
amen bro. I kinda keep quiet around here, but do notice the same things.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:11 PM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

think about it like this...if we all just searched for our answers to the questions...what the heck would we talk about?

this board would be dead!
Old 12-20-2009, 11:11 PM   #12
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen a few post where people choose to be a smart ass on things and not lending a helping hand i know there's a search button but i am not gonna ramble on them about it i always try and give the best info i can to help out.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:13 PM   #13
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
I approve.

As stated, I have seen the insults hurled around a bit as well lately. I'm probably guilty of telling a new member to search as well. But probably not in a d bag way.

Lets all just get along. Its the interwebz. You can't scare the other guy, so just be cool with him.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:19 PM   #14
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
How many times has this topic been brought up before?!? Use the search button!

Member 5966? Ha! newb!

Oh yeah, and I agree.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:25 PM   #16
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Well said!!!!! That is why I have backed away from the board. Too much negativity.

Not enjoyable like it once was.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #17
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

its just one of those things...we all need to remember that we were new once...at some point...and had to ask someone a bunch of annoying questions about something...

we should be here to help a new guy/girl enjoy his/her tacoma...not teach them to search thru our millions of posts
Old 12-20-2009, 11:32 PM   #18
v.hey its my Avatar avatar.v
ak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedak47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ak47's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ well said. both posts
Old 12-20-2009, 11:34 PM   #19
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
its just one of those things...we all need to remember that we were new once...at some point...and had to ask someone a bunch of annoying questions about something...

we should be here to help a new guy/girl enjoy his/her tacoma...not teach them to search thru our millions of posts

Hell I still ask annoying new questions every now and again. Why not it keeps me sharp and I can test the skills of the members on here.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:42 PM   #20
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Shut up, Tigger. You're intolerant of my intolerance!