1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

my "halftime" speech

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by JimBeam, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Dec 20, 2009 at 9:52 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam [OP] BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    Forgive me if i ramble a little bit

I joined TW in April of 2008

i'm member #5966

in 20 months since then, we've gained roughly 20K new members

that is INCREDIBLE growth

TW has a certain...atmosphere...or je nas se qoui...Out of the MANY forums i visit on a regular basis, this is the ONLY one i have broken the 1000 post count mark...which i surpassed a LONG time ago...TW has members ranging from 15 all the way to God only knows how old...We have members of every branch of Armed Forces, law enforcement, fire fighters, medics, and just about every other profession under the sun...We have members who are Christian, Jewish, Agnostic, Atheist, Muslim, and im sure there are many others...Bob has created, and we have, a very active community in which we all keep coming back to and enjoying...a place to BS and chit-chat...and NOT just ask questions about our trucks. This site is not geared just to offroaders, or street trucks...its open to the Tacoma community as a whole. We've always been very welcoming and open to every member that comes here unless they just absolutely give us a good reason to leave. TW is the only site i ever promote and introduce people to

BUT

I've noticed lately several things that just dont sit well with me...and i want to bring them up so that everyone can take notice

This site is what it is because of both the members and the moderators...we have a LOT of new members who join every day to find out new information about their trucks. Many people arent as well informed as some of yall out there may feel you are...or how you feel they should be. Not everyone who joins has ever been a member of a forum before, and many have never owned a truck or wanted to modify or work on a vehicle theyve owned before.

It used to be that there was a "race" so to speak between members as to who could correctly answer a post first...regardless of how many times that post had been made in the past. It's becoming more and more evident that this has fallen by the wayside in favor of posts such as

This is a bullshit answer that will, if repeated too often, turn this site into every other toyota forum on the net. I dont care HOW many times someone asks if a tire size will fit...or where they should buy Bil. 5100s or whatever it is thats asked a million times in a million ways by half the new people that come on here...

TW has a tendancy to take threads off-topic...which i enjoy because many times, several other questions may get answered or someone else gets the help they needed. Because of this, asking...no...demanding that new users or anyone who posts a (God forbid) repeated question...is silly...a search is going to yield a bunch of us yakking about God knows what. Either answer the question, or dont post unless the question has been sufficently answered by a party who DOES know. Its not like its your server space its taking up room on...its Bob's

We're also becoming increasingly intolerant of others who think differently than us and theres an awful lot of personal attacks or attacks because of a members age. Just because I like functional offroad trucks doesnt mean i need to go berate the new guy who likes lowered show trucks...and just because a member is 16 doesnt mean he doesnt know what he's talking about.

FUCK THAT

im NOT saying we need to all hold hands and sing kumbayah because we're going to disagree about things...but damn guys...lets be a little more like the TW that drew us all in instead of the other sites that we dont visit as often. Do we give each other a hard time? absolutely...but lets let the members get a little more established before we start giving them one too

Keeping TW the way it was that attracted so many of us to stay and post whore is gonna be a group effort...lets work on it :) :thumbsup:

If you have a problem with a post, or member...hit the little report button and send a message to a moderator

if you still want to be an asshole...feel free to join another board

2. Dec 20, 2009 at 9:55 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Hell yeah brother. Well said. I have watched this place grow as well as my knowledge of our trucks. Don't fret though I still race to answer correctly. As well as try and keep people on point. Ask some of the older members when they get out of line I'll shoot a pm and state my claim.

I still don't know how the hell you guys get such a high post count, I'm on here every damned day and comment constantly. Shit i'm member 4929 and haven't broken 4k post, while you others have 16k and 40k!

3. Dec 20, 2009 at 9:55 PM
    Hoyal

Hoyal Whiskey bent and hell bound.

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    N 39.2249 W -106.16974
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra
    Big tires, big lift, Lots of stuff's.
    Agreed!

4. Dec 20, 2009 at 9:58 PM
    MsTRD

MsTRD hell yes i love my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Samantha
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 White Prerunner TRD Sport
    well said!! :thumbsup:

EdinCincinnati likes this.
  5. Dec 20, 2009 at 9:59 PM
    cntstan

cntstan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Wisconsin now, North Carolina will always be HOME
    Vehicle:
    08 DC SR5 4X4 ; 94 Ford Bronco
    3" Toytec coilovers, rear AAL,satoshi'd grill,ARE topper,TRD exhaust, All Pro winch bumper, Warn winch, All Pro skid, Pro comp 7089's, Supersprings, Wet Okole seat covers
    I've been thinking it..............glad somebody said it!! Very ballsy indeed, good for you!!!!!

EdinCincinnati likes this.
  6. Dec 20, 2009 at 9:59 PM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    X2 I have noticed this too, well said

7. Dec 20, 2009 at 10:04 PM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    :anonymous:

get into one of the chat threads and BS around with us...

Running Board Man likes this.
  8. Dec 20, 2009 at 10:06 PM
    nemesis4

nemesis4 Member

Member:
    to be honest dude, this is one of 3 forums im part of, and this one is easily the nicest and most courteous, helpful one, people who ask such questions as you referred to get torn apart by the other members in the other forums and i dont have a problem with it because its the result of laziness, search is there for a reason, and sometimes info is painfully obvious and even easier to obtain either through a search of the forum or a general knowledge search on Google.

9. Dec 20, 2009 at 10:08 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Well said bro :amen:

10. Dec 20, 2009 at 10:09 PM
    blake1012

blake1012 Go Braves!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chazz Michael Michaels
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2003 ext cab. tacoma.
    8000k HID's, Weathertech Digital Fit floor liners, Rhino Lined bed, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart wheels, bull bar, step rails, Redline Tuning hood struts, low profile tool box
    amen bro. I kinda keep quiet around here, but do notice the same things.

11. Dec 20, 2009 at 10:11 PM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    think about it like this...if we all just searched for our answers to the questions...what the heck would we talk about?

this board would be dead!

Toyko Joe and 1truckdriver like this.
  12. Dec 20, 2009 at 10:11 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    I have seen a few post where people choose to be a smart ass on things and not lending a helping hand i know there's a search button but i am not gonna ramble on them about it i always try and give the best info i can to help out.

13. Dec 20, 2009 at 10:13 PM
    Untamed_SS

Untamed_SS Stayed Up Too Late

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue Access Cab
    Alpine iDA-X200 Deck, Rockford P3, Infinity 1600 A Amp, Black Badges, "KnightRider Mod", Back-up lights. Painted Engine Cover. TRD QuickShifter & Shift Knob. MAF Calibrator. Doug Thorley LT Headers. Custom Y-Pipe. Flowmaster 50 series. Satoshi Grill
    :thumbsup: I approve.

As stated, I have seen the insults hurled around a bit as well lately. I'm probably guilty of telling a new member to search as well. :( But probably not in a d bag way.

Lets all just get along. :) Its the interwebz. You can't scare the other guy, so just be cool with him.

14. Dec 20, 2009 at 10:19 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    How many times has this topic been brought up before?!? Use the search button! :D

Member 5966? Ha! newb!

Oh yeah, and I agree.

15. Dec 20, 2009 at 10:25 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    well said brother...

16. Dec 20, 2009 at 10:25 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    Well said!!!!! That is why I have backed away from the board. Too much negativity.

Not enjoyable like it once was.

17. Dec 20, 2009 at 10:29 PM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    its just one of those things...we all need to remember that we were new once...at some point...and had to ask someone a bunch of annoying questions about something...

we should be here to help a new guy/girl enjoy his/her tacoma...not teach them to search thru our millions of posts

RivetNutBob likes this.
  18. Dec 20, 2009 at 10:32 PM
    ak47

ak47 v.hey its my Avatar avatar.v

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    stock 2nd owner
    ^^^ well said. both posts

19. Dec 20, 2009 at 10:34 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.

Hell I still ask annoying new questions every now and again. Why not it keeps me sharp and I can test the skills of the members on here.

20. Dec 20, 2009 at 10:42 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    Shut up, Tigger. You're intolerant of my intolerance!

To Top