Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

No Street Racing Threads

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 02:45 PM   #1
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
No Street Racing Threads

I posted a don't do this at home thread about drag racing, and I probably shouldn't have. I should have made it more clear that it is stupid and dangerous. Anyway, I think that forum rules (wherever they are, I can't find them) should be amended to have a ban on street racing. I'd be worried that the forum would get in trouble for condoning street racing by not stopping those threads (including mine.) I guess that moderators would have to act like the parents a little more often and lock down those threads.

Racing on the track , is still ok.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:59 PM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I figured it wouldn't take you long to be in here.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:17 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Street racing is for dumba$$es. Just drive to the nearest track and do it there.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:24 PM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
You'll have a hard time enforcing something like that.

What's the difference between *talking* about street racing versus *talking* about driving on illegal offroad trails?

And when someone talks about street racing - Perhaps, someone SAYS it was legal...? How do we really know?

How many of us break the law by going over the speed limit every day?

Old 03-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #5
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I'm with Isocoee

Old 03-17-2008, 03:55 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
I'm w/ Jan!!!

Old 03-17-2008, 04:31 PM   #7
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I'm probably gonna piss somebody off but I don't care. I friggin' HATE guys who do donuts and merciless burnouts to the point where you actually feel bad for the vehicle that is stuck with this knucklehead. I think either they get some sort of dark charge out of it OR they are capable of delivering this sensless torture to a living being and oughta be watched! There I said it. I know I aint the only one either.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:46 PM   #8
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I'd be worried that the forum would get in trouble for condoning street racing by not stopping those threads (including mine.)
No need to worry Isocoee. A forum is not responsible for the contents or views of the author.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:37 PM   #9
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
No need to worry Isocoee. A forum is not responsible for the contents or views of the author.
Maybe in Canada, you don't have to worry about that sort of thing. Unfortunately, all it takes for one dumbass to decide to sue and a lawyer to think it's worth while. Before you know it, TW can't afford the legal bills to fight it.

I'm not necessarily saying "no street racing" I'm saying act like your at the track before you tell your story. For instance, I was at the track yesterday and some punk in a civic pulled up to me and wanted to race. I forgot what the track times said, but I really kicked that dude's butt.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:45 PM   #10
restless badger is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryan
restless badger's Tacoma Gallery
I say to each his own. Yes street racing is dumb and it should be done at the track but everyone was a dumb kid once.

Old 03-17-2008, 06:41 PM   #12
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
I'm with Isocoee
I'm with the Northern Alliance.

Old 03-17-2008, 06:51 PM   #13
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
RedruM29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
I'm with the Northern Alliance.
I'm with the master!

O and the only street racing event i've ever been to was in high school. I was riding shotgun in my best friends Z06 and watched two crashes, (a dui and a motorcycle accident) then the group got chased by the cops. stupidest S#!$ ever!

Old 03-17-2008, 07:06 PM   #14
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
well some of these stories i think are pre-puberty bragging

now tacoma is a truck damnit !
and if jacked up 3 inches with 30+rubber on it and no ratio change i find it damn hard to believe that it could beat a hemi (read the post )!!!!
and i wonder how it corners or STOPS? lot of rolling weight and hi center of gravity?

so if they are truly doing that crap on the street it is a crash waiting to happen ( not i did not use the word accident as it is pre-meditated)

i have had one experience with street racing and i was the innocent victim from those two hero's that left me along side the road as they knew they were in big trouble !
Well put.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #15
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
I'm probably gonna piss somebody off but I don't care. I friggin' HATE guys who do donuts and merciless burnouts to the point where you actually feel bad for the vehicle that is stuck with this knucklehead. I think either they get some sort of dark charge out of it OR they are capable of delivering this sensless torture to a living being and oughta be watched! There I said it. I know I aint the only one either.
I hate seeing people jumping their trucks....but some people think it's totally COOL and post to brag about it. Is jumping your truck any less safe than street racing?

I'm againest street racing, illegal offroading, drinking & driving & what-not also.... but there's no way we'll stop people from posting (bragging) about it.

That's kinda like expecting them to use the search feature... and we all know how those duplicate threads frustrate everyone.

Let these people go ahead and post about their illegal (and possibly) stupid adventures .... then, perhaps the more *responsible* members of the forum will step in and politely teach them the importance of safety and responsibility. Not only for street racing, but for anything else that is *questionable* in legality that can tarnish the forums reputation and that the forum *DOES NOT* promote those type of activities.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:03 PM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I hate seeing people jumping their trucks....but some people think it's totally COOL and post to brag about it. Is jumping your truck any less safe than street racing?

I'm againest street racing, illegal offroading, drinking & driving & what-not also.... but there's no way we'll stop people from posting (bragging) about it.

That's kinda like expecting them to use the search feature... and we all know how those duplicate threads frustrate everyone.

Let these people go ahead and post about their illegal (and possibly) stupid adventures .... then, perhaps the more *responsible* members of the forum will step in and politely teach them the importance of safety and responsibility. Not only for street racing, but for anything else that is *questionable* in legality that can tarnish the forums reputation and that the forum *DOES NOT* promote those type of activities.

or we can just laugh at their destroyed trucks when its all said and done...lol

Old 03-18-2008, 01:31 PM   #17
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
i think we should start a "how to funnel beer the most effectively while driving down the interstate" thread

Old 03-18-2008, 07:39 PM   #18
Blinking Car Mod...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
i think we should start a "how to funnel beer the most effectively while driving down the interstate" thread
I think you should make it a DIY cheap mods thread!

Old 03-19-2008, 08:39 AM   #19
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedruM29 View Post
I think you should make it a DIY cheap mods thread!
The key is using your knees to steer and put the tube from teh funnel in the side of your mouth so it doesnt obstruct the view of hte road. personally i like to text message while i'm doing this, i'm a big fan of multitasking

Old 03-19-2008, 08:41 AM   #20
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tac...g-120-mph.html

the latest mental giant
i don't recognize that road so i feel a bit safer

( will feel really safe when he is removed from the gene pool)

Even worse - holding onto the camera while going that fast. Good gawd almighty.

Closed Thread