Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

Title Bar Location

View Poll Results: Where do you want the post title bar?
Above my posts (Current Setup) 14 66.67%
To the side of my posts 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2008, 06:09 AM   #21
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm. Looking at it a little longer.... Some people's side bar info takes up an awful lot of room.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:41 AM   #22
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
RedruM29's Tacoma Gallery
woah i leave for a day accidentally black out at the bars last night wake up hungover to see my favorite site has changed once again... good job TCbob but i have one question what happened last night?
Old 03-29-2008, 08:34 PM   #23
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
I've read through a couple dozen posts with the new style now. I scroll much more than I used to. When the info was in the top of each post header, it had more horizontal space, so it was shorter in height. Now that it's on the left it's narrower and takes up more vertical space. Single line replies make it stand out that much more. If we took the mods out of the left side, it would help things.

Still, overall, I like it better the way it was, but I'm not leaving the site if it stays this way.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:52 PM   #24
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
I've read through a couple dozen posts with the new style now. I scroll much more than I used to. When the info was in the top of each post header, it had more horizontal space, so it was shorter in height. Now that it's on the left it's narrower and takes up more vertical space. Single line replies make it stand out that much more. If we took the mods out of the left side, it would help things.

Still, overall, I like it better the way it was, but I'm not leaving the site if it stays this way.
i'm gonna try something when i get some time that will reduce the mod list space but still have it available there for those who find it useful...thanks for the feedback on the new look.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:51 PM   #25
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
i'm gonna try something when i get some time that will reduce the mod list space but still have it available there for those who find it useful...thanks for the feedback on the new look.
how bout an addition of space to the sig block?
Old 03-29-2008, 09:52 PM   #26
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just noticed something else. I don't see any display that shows the basics of our trucks. I find it much more helpful to know if a guy posting a question has an AC vs DC or 2.7 vs 4.0 than the list of mods. Though I would like to have mods available at a glance too.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:05 PM   #27
AK Backcountry is on a distinguished road

AK Backcountry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I say give it a few days. I hate whenever my wife gets a different haircut. Eventually I grow to love her again. I mean love her haircut.
LOL Man do I get in trouble when I don't notice and I "always" like it. As a typical guy I did not notice the change for the first few posts, but I agree with Sawdust (see below), I would like to see the basics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
I just noticed something else. I don't see any display that shows the basics of our trucks. I find it much more helpful to know if a guy posting a question has an AC vs DC or 2.7 vs 4.0 than the list of mods. Though I would like to have mods available at a glance too.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:28 PM   #28
AK Backcountry is on a distinguished road

AK Backcountry's Tacoma Gallery
Just noticed and it must have been a recent change. I like the way when you move the mouse over the truck info it zooms out.

Great idea.

I think I could get used to this format.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:03 PM   #30
Unapologetic Texan

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, +1 on the popups, tcBob.

Still, a single line post is taller than I'd like. The avatars are the biggest contributor. I know I could turn them off, but while we're experimenting I won't. I wonder if the joined/location/posts and icons to gallery/rep/etc could be put along the black separator bar.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:34 PM   #31
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
Dont F with a good thing. The Carolina Alliance will be so confused they wouldn't know how to use this site anymore. Let it be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I say give it a few days. I hate whenever my wife gets a different haircut. Eventually I grow to love her again. I mean love her haircut.

Plus, ndcouch won't be back until Monday. Boy is he going to be confused!!
OH GOD!!! WHATS GOING ON!?!?! I CANT FIND MY NAME OR MY POST COUNT! DAMN YOU TCBOB! DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!

Actually i voted for the side bar thing and i like after getting use to it for a day i think i like it better than the above the post format. But i am happy either way so i guess whatever the majority (or Bob) feels like doing is fine with me.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:33 PM   #32
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i like the sidebar as well...but please increase the sig block character size...i'm running out of room and have to shorten things...not a good feeling
Old 03-31-2008, 02:50 PM   #33
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i like the sidebar as well...but please increase the sig block character size...i'm running out of room and have to shorten things...not a good feeling
ok try it now
Old 03-31-2008, 02:55 PM   #34
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
ahh!! ahh!! Where am I???
Old 03-31-2008, 03:36 PM   #35
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
i thought i was on the wron site for a couple mins but now i get it
Old 03-31-2008, 03:56 PM   #36
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
ok try it now
sweet ass, bob!!!! what did u increase it to? i ran a few lines of crap after my sig and it still didnt trip the overkill sensor
Old 03-31-2008, 03:59 PM   #37
Gringo Bandito

tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
sweet ass, bob!!!! what did u increase it to? i ran a few lines of crap after my sig and it still didnt trip the overkill sensor
1000 characters...from 500 before.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:51 PM   #38
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
1000 characters...from 500 before.
that'll work for a lil while longer i guess...haha...thanks