Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

Email notification for quotes

Old 04-03-2010, 09:39 PM   #1
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Email notification for quotes

Would it be possible to receive email notifications when a TW member quotes a post from another member even if that member is no longer subscribed to the thread in question? For example: somebody quotes something I've said in a thread that I have since unsubscribed to; maybe asking a question or looking for clarification to my comment. I then receive an email from TW telling me about the quote/new posts in the thread.

Just trying to be courteous to my fellow TW members.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:45 PM   #3
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
x3 you read my mind!
Old 04-03-2010, 09:52 PM   #4
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Might come in handy. x4
Old 04-03-2010, 09:59 PM   #5
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
let's do it. x5.
but there needs to be an option so you can have it on or off.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:03 PM   #6
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys! I thought that this would be a nice feature to have as I've quoted different members a few times and have never gotten a response from them. So it leaves me to wonder, did they read my post/question and deem it unworthy of a response or did they just not see it at all because they were not currently subscribed to the thread.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:05 PM   #7

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
let's do it. x5.
but there needs to be an option so you can have it on or off.
exactly. on for those of us with manners and off for those without. ( kidding about the manners!)
Old 04-03-2010, 10:36 PM   #8
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
exactly. on for those of us with manners and off for those without. ( kidding about the manners!)
Old 04-04-2010, 12:47 AM   #9
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
you read my mind as well...i had a feature on the drawing board called "quoted replies" which shows you when a new post is made that quotes one of your posts. basically just like what you described.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:00 AM   #10

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Then let's make it happen great master of tacomaworld!
Old 11-18-2010, 01:19 PM   #11
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
What ever became of this?
Old 11-18-2010, 01:20 PM   #12
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
What ever became of this?
x's 2!!
Old 11-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #13
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Maybe one should quote bob.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:32 PM   #14

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
holy thread revival! but good question...none of my suggestions have ever been implemented...why bob why!?!?!
Old 11-18-2010, 03:34 PM   #15
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
holy thread revival! but good question...none of my suggestions have ever been implemented...why bob why!?!?!
Bob Your Heartless!!

Making the poor girl cry.... for shame
Old 11-18-2010, 03:39 PM   #16
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Because he has said on other 'site suggestion threads' that he's busy.....and too lazy to a certain extent........I am now running and hiding under a rock from the ban hammer. lol
Old 05-02-2013, 05:07 AM   #17
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
you read my mind as well...i had a feature on the drawing board called "quoted replies" which shows you when a new post is made that quotes one of your posts. basically just like what you described.
Please make this happen.

I am seeing a lot of other forums that now do this.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:28 AM   #18
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
holy thread revival!
good idea'r
Old 10-24-2013, 11:54 AM   #19
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Would it be possible to receive email notifications when a TW member quotes a post from another member even if that member is no longer subscribed to the thread in question? For example: somebody quotes something I've said in a thread that I have since unsubscribed to; maybe asking a question or looking for clarification to my comment. I then receive an email from TW telling me about the quote/new posts in the thread.

Just trying to be courteous to my fellow TW members.
I just updated my tapatalk to version 4 and it has this feature if you use tapatalk on your phone (mine is 4.2.0 on Android OS). It's not an email, but it is a notification like when you receive a text message or a missed call.
Under settings and notifications, you can have notifications sent if someone:
Sends a private message
Quoted your post
Mentioned you
You can also receive notifications of posts to subscribed topics.

I know this is an old thread but wanted to throw that option out there if you want this option and don't mind shelling out the couple bucks for the app.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #20
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Could be a glitch to this plan. Many members have quotes from other members in their sig.

Frank