1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Subforums

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by Hotdog, May 2, 2008.

1. May 2, 2008 at 8:43 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog [OP] My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    Bob, can you create a subforum under the Gen 2 forum? Here's how I think it should function...take 2 threads-1. Why does my ABS sound like this? 2. What toolbox should I get?

Thread 1 should be visible in the Gen 2 forum. Thread 2 should be visible in the "Accessories" sub forum and also in the Gen 2 forum.

Here's the reasoning...most of the time, I'd like to be able to check all things gen 2, then I would go to the gen 2 forum and would be able to view all the threads. Then, sometimes I'm lazy or I have some money burning a whole in my pocket, so I only want to get some Accessory ideas (grills, seat covers, toolboxes, valve covers, hood bug deflectors, floor mats, etc...) So I could browse to the Accessory subforum and see only accessories.

There might be an easy fix for this, but if not, what would happen if everyone posted to the 2nd gen forum and then threads were sorted with the "Never Expiring redirect?

2. May 2, 2008 at 8:50 AM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    Great idea...I'm gonna be installing a new version of the forum software soon which will let people tag theads with various words/phrases like 'accessory', 'tsb', etc. Once I get that running and people start tagging hopefully that will let you see at a glance everything tagged with accessory or whatever.

3. May 2, 2008 at 8:53 AM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
    The tagging will be nice.

4. May 2, 2008 at 11:50 AM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's
    Good Idea lsocoee, but I have been on forums that have too many sections and sub sections it can get out of control. Just food for thought is all. BTW You guys are doing a great job with this site.

5. May 2, 2008 at 12:06 PM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
    I agree completely. That's why I'd still like to keep everything visible in the parent forum. When going to the subforums, it just filters out the appropriate threads.

To Top