Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

Subforums

Old 05-02-2008, 08:43 AM   #1
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Subforums

Bob, can you create a subforum under the Gen 2 forum? Here's how I think it should function...take 2 threads-1. Why does my ABS sound like this? 2. What toolbox should I get?

Thread 1 should be visible in the Gen 2 forum. Thread 2 should be visible in the "Accessories" sub forum and also in the Gen 2 forum.

Here's the reasoning...most of the time, I'd like to be able to check all things gen 2, then I would go to the gen 2 forum and would be able to view all the threads. Then, sometimes I'm lazy or I have some money burning a whole in my pocket, so I only want to get some Accessory ideas (grills, seat covers, toolboxes, valve covers, hood bug deflectors, floor mats, etc...) So I could browse to the Accessory subforum and see only accessories.

There might be an easy fix for this, but if not, what would happen if everyone posted to the 2nd gen forum and then threads were sorted with the "Never Expiring redirect?
Old 05-02-2008, 08:50 AM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Great idea...I'm gonna be installing a new version of the forum software soon which will let people tag theads with various words/phrases like 'accessory', 'tsb', etc. Once I get that running and people start tagging hopefully that will let you see at a glance everything tagged with accessory or whatever.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:53 AM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
The tagging will be nice.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:50 AM   #4
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Good Idea lsocoee, but I have been on forums that have too many sections and sub sections it can get out of control. Just food for thought is all. BTW You guys are doing a great job with this site.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:06 PM   #5
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J View Post
Good Idea lsocoee, but I have been on forums that have too many sections and sub sections it can get out of control. Just food for thought is all. BTW You guys are doing a great job with this site.
I agree completely. That's why I'd still like to keep everything visible in the parent forum. When going to the subforums, it just filters out the appropriate threads.