LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma World Site News > Site Suggestions

Notices

Volunteers for a "Before you Buy" Sticky

Old 05-02-2008, 09:08 AM   #1
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Volunteers for a "Before you Buy" Sticky

I'm looking for a few knowledgeable members to create an all inclusive, "Before you Buy" thread. I'd sticky this, for quick access to all the folks that come in here.

Things that I'd like to have in here would be pricing, bargaining, dealer offered accessories, available options (and what's included in them), known issues, what people love, what people hate, things to look out for, etc...

This would be a collaborative project and is open to input from everyone.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:13 AM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Great idea...I'll include it in the tutorials drop down menu as well once it's ready and on the front page of the site.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:28 AM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be willing to contribute. Sounds like a great thread.

Edit:
I can do the different packages, pricing, and a quick run down of some of the dealer accessories.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:35 AM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hui View Post
I'd be willing to contribute. Sounds like a great thread.

Edit:
I can do the different packages, pricing, and a quick run down of some of the dealer accessories.
Great! We can do all the work in this thread. Post something up here when you get a chance.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:49 AM   #5
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds great to me.... i bet it'll be very helpful for those that are willing to buy but haven't decided yet....
Old 05-02-2008, 10:21 AM   #7
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I'll try to get a post up with the info I said I'd take care of later this afternoon or evening. I'll grab invoice pricing as well as MSRP for all the models and whatnot so that people have something to go off of.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:02 PM   #8

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I got pricing info on all models, packages, and accessories done. Should I start the thread and then some of the others can add to it as they see fit?

I have all my info saved in word so let me know.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:06 PM   #9
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I got pricing info on all models, packages, and accessories done. Should I start the thread and then some of the others can add to it as they see fit?

I have all my info saved in word so let me know.
how bout put all the goods into this thread and then someone (lsocoee or someone else) can neatly compile it so it's easy for someone looking to buy to read and figure out (the haggling tips, accessories, options, strategies, etc). I think that's what lso's originally idea was.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:11 PM   #10
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
how bout put all the goods into this thread and then someone (lsocoee or someone else) can neatly compile it so it's easy for someone looking to buy to read and figure out (the haggling tips, accessories, options, strategies, etc). I think that's what lso's originally idea was.
Yeah. That would be great.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:16 PM   #11

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma Pricing Guide:

5 Lug Models
Regular Cab Models & Pricing:
I4 Manual Transmission: MSRP $14,200 – Invoice $13,968
I4 Auto Transmission: MRSP: $15,180 – Invoice $14,802
Access Cab Models & Pricing
I4 Manual Transmission: MSRP $18,455 – Invoice $16,922
I4 Auto Transmission: MRSP $19,355 – Invoice $17,818

PreRunner Models
Regular Cab Models and Pricing:
I4 Manual Transmission: MSRP $15,885 – Invoice $14,775
Access Cab Models and Pricing:
I4 Manual Transmission: MSRP $19,215 – Invoice $17,688
V6 Manual Transmission: MSRP $20,670
V6 Auto Transmission: MSRP $21,550 – Invoice $19832
Double Cab
V6 Auto Transmission Short Bed: MSRP $23,275 – Invoice $21,164
V6 Auto Transmission Long Bed: MSRP $23,755 – Invoice $21,617

4x4 Models
Regular Cab Pricing
I4 Manual Transmission: MSRP $18,960 – Invoice $17,625
Access Cab Model and Pricing
I4 Manual Transmission: MSRP $22,960 – Invoice $20,511
V6 Manual Transmission: MSRP $23,845 – Invoice $21,938
V6 Auto Transmission: MSRP $24,725 – Invoice $22,734
Double Cab Model and Pricing
V6 Manual Transmission Short Bed: MSRP $25,470 – Invoice $23,153
V6 Auto Transmission Short Bed: MSRP $26,350 – Invoice $23,952
V6 Auto Transmission Long Bed: MSRP $26,850 – Invoice $24,405

What are these different models?

5 Lug - This Tacoma sits very low to the ground and utilizes a 5 lug bolt pattern for the wheels, hence why they are called 5 lugs. They have the least ground clearance of all Tacoma models and are unavailable in a V6 model.

PreRunner – It is very common to see people confuse PreRunner with 4x4. The term PreRunner comes from Desert Racing where teams would use a 2wd truck to pre run the course to look for trouble spots. Toyota uses this term to refer to a 2wd truck that has a 4x4 suspension, thus giving it increased ground clearance and looks.

4x4 – The term 4x4 comes from having 4 wheels, all 4 can receive power from the engine. In a 4x4 Model you have a Transfer Case that will allow you to take your truck out of rear wheel drive and make all for wheels power it. This is a good thing for those who tow boats or plan on doing a lot of Off Roading.

Mechanical Specs

Engine:
2.7-liter DOHC EFI 4-cylinder with VVT-i
159 hp @ 5200 rpm
180 lb.-ft. @ 3800 rpm

4.0-liter DOHC EFI V6 with VVT-i
236 hp @ 5200 rpm
266 lb.-ft. @ 4000 rpm

Suspension:

Front: Coil Spring Double Wishbone
Rear – Solid Axel with Leaf Spring and Staggered Outboard Mounted Shocks

Options:

Packages:
Towing Package: MSRP $650 – Invoice $520
Includes: Class 4 Hitch, Supplemental Oil Cooler, HD Battery, 130amp Alternator, 7 Pin hitch connecter with converter, Transmission Cooler

Convenience Package: MSRP $1,460 - Invoice $1,168 Includes: Power Windows, Power Locks, Power Mirrors, Keyless
Entry, Cruise Control, Sliding Rear Window w/Privacy Glass

SR5 Package: MSRP $3,835 – Invoice $1,788
Includes: Chrome Grille Surround and Rear Bumper, Color Keyed Front Bumper and Fender Flairs, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shifter, Variable Speed Windshield Wipers, Sun visors, Power Windows, Power Locks, Power Mirrors, Keyless Entry, Cruise Control, Sliding Rear Window, Driver Seat Lumbar
Support, Passenger Fold Flat Seating, Fog Lamps

TRD Sport Package: MSRP $3,915 – Invoice $3,142
Includes: SR5 Package, Color Keyed Bumpers and Grill, Upgraded Fabric, Sport Seats, Sport Suspension, Bilstien Shocks, 17 Inch Alloy Wheels, Limited Slip Differential, Bed Power Point, Fog Lamps, Hood Scoop, Color Matched Door Handles and Mirrors

TRD Off Road Package: MSRP $3,755 – Invoice - $3,013
Includes: SR5 Package, Sport Seats with Lumbar Support, Off Road Suspension with Progressive front Coils, Bilstien Shocks, 16” Alloy Wheels, Locking Rear Differential, Bed Power Point, Fog Lamps, Engine and Transfer Case Skid Plate

TRD Off Road “Rugged Trail” Package: MSRP $3,850 – Invoice $3,077
Includes: SR5 Package and TRD Off Road Package, Black Fender Flairs, Black “Baja” 16 Inch Alloy Wheels

NOTE: TRD Packages are not available on ANY I4 Models.

Stand Alone Options:

Vehicle Stability Control: MSRP $950 - Invoice $817

Limited Slip Differential: MSRP $390 – Invoice $322

6 Disc In Dash CD Changer: MSRP $200 – Invoice $150

Sliding Rear Window: MSRP $285 - $228

Daytime Running Lights: MSRP $40 – Invoice $32

Dealer Installed Options

Bug Deflector: MSRP $149 - $110

Auto Dimming Mirror: MSRP $275 – Invoice $192

Borla Sport Exhaust: MSRP $599 – Invoice $493

Tinted Windows: MSRP $175 – Invoice $110

Toyoguard Protection: MSRP $619 – Invoice $159
Includes: Exterior Paint Sealant, Sealant Cleaner, Interior Protector, Undercoating and Sound Sealing, Vehicle Vin # Etched into Glass

Toyoguard Plus: MSRP $699 – Invoice $231
Includes: Toyoguard Package, Roadside Assistance, First Oil Change Free, Rental Car Assistance, Emergency Towing Assistance

Dealer Accessories:

Bed Cargo Divider: MSRP $275 – Invoice $220

Bed Cross Rails: MSRP $139 – Invoice $110

Bed Extender: MSRP $325 – Invoice $247

Bed Mat: MSRP $125 – Invoice $93

Tacoma Carpet Mats: MSRP $199 – Invoice $137

Tacoma Rubber Mats: MSRP $169 – Invoice $110

TRD Carpet Mats: MSRP $199 – Invoice $137

Bull Bar: MSRP $475 – Invoice $357

Skid Plate: MSRP $199 – Invoice $165

I highly recommend purchasing the accessory Rubber Floor Mats and Bed Mat.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:27 PM   #12
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Good work. While it's fresh on your mind, what's your source?
Old 05-02-2008, 01:30 PM   #13

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
Good work. While it's fresh on your mind, what's your source?
Thanks. Its a mixture between Costcoauto.coms info (which I can vouch is reliable) and Toyota.com

The section describing the differences between each model was all my own info.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:04 PM   #14
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Damn good job! That took a lot of work!
Old 05-02-2008, 11:03 PM   #15
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Good job Hui that sure will help some folks here
Old 05-03-2008, 08:44 AM   #16
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Morpheus
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Body colour advantages/disadvantage:

White: Not recommended in extreme snow areas: Prone to accidents since it blends in with the snow.

Black: Hard to maintain and shows dirt and scratches very easily.

Silver: One of the easiest colours to maintain. Hides dirt/dust best.

Rust Protect:

Do not buy factory rust protection. Its a waste of $$$. Go to an after market supplier (Zeibert, Krown, RustCheck) they are cheaper and provide far superior protection.

Always shop at more that one dealership to compare pricing if possible. Once at the dealership, go over to the service department and speak to the customers (in waiting) about their dealership experience, commitment etc. Feed back does not get any better that this.

Rent (for a weekend) the vehicle you want to buy if you are not sure if this is exactly what you want. Some dealerships will give you a demo for the weekend.

Do not mention trade in vehicle (if any till the end) since it will diminish your bargaining power.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:58 PM   #17

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Different Cab Sizes:

Regular Cab. Picture: Base Model I4

Access Cab. Picture: Access Cab V6 TRD Off Road

Double Cab. Picture: Double Cab TRD Sport

Old 05-04-2008, 08:08 PM   #18
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
awesome post da hui
Old 05-05-2008, 10:12 AM   #19

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the kind words yall.

I'll work on the things we love/hate about our trucks later today and compose a list of "mods" I would suggest (bed mat, rubber mats, gater saver, ect) and the safety info for our trucks.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:40 AM   #20
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words yall.

I'll work on the things we love/hate about our trucks later today and compose a list of "mods" I would suggest (bed mat, rubber mats, gater saver, ect) and the safety info for our trucks.
Thanks. I've been pretty busy (with no end in sight) so I'll look to see what else we need and try to work on that.