Old 05-26-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
Whaaat?
Jay W. is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Vounteer Fireman: Walker McElmoyle #16
Name: Jay
Jay W.'s Tacoma Gallery
"Congratulations You've won <<insert random gift>>!" When logging on

I don't know where else to put this..

But the past two days when I'm logging on, I'm getting a pop up that states I've won something. Tonight it was a $1000 Wal Mart Gift card, then it takes me to another page to "Claim my prize".

..Is this legit? Its never happened to me before visiting Tacoma World.. and IMO, its a little annoying.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:09 PM   #2
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
It's not tacoma world, might be a virus on your computer. Make sure your pop up blocker and anti-virus software are up to date. wouldn't hurt to run a full system scan before you go to bed either.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
yea, you got some adware. i've used ad-aware for bout 13yrs now, favorite program ever and it's free!

http://www.lavasoft.com/
Old 05-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
Whaaat?

Jay W.'s Tacoma Gallery
well its only doing it when i sign onto TW.. I didn't think virus, but I'll run a scan to be sure.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:13 PM   #5
The_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe_Dude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The_Dude's Tacoma Gallery
Windows Defender might be able to catch it...I think it comes with Vista, not sure about 7 but I know it didn't come with XP. Here's a link to the DL, if you want it.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...r/default.mspx
Old 05-26-2010, 10:14 PM   #6
Peter B. is on a distinguished road
Navy: ALSO W/AF, 28 YRS TTL, FORCE RECON CORPSMAN, CCATT/TRAUMA NURSE
Name: PETE
Peter B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Prize

Unfortunately, it is Tacoma World. With my first login it was there as the top message. I clicked on it and it took me to a message that went nowhere.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:14 PM   #7
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
If you dont want the gift card ill take it lol
Old 05-26-2010, 10:15 PM   #8
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B. View Post
Unfortunately, it is Tacoma World. With my first login it was there as the top message. I clicked on it and it took me to a message that went nowhere.
You should run a virus scan too. and turn your pop up blocker on
Old 05-26-2010, 10:22 PM   #9
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Sometimes I get a message saying "Congratulations! You've been banned!"
Old 05-26-2010, 10:23 PM   #10
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
yea, you got some adware. i've used ad-aware for bout 13yrs now, favorite program ever and it's free!

http://www.lavasoft.com/
x2^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 05-26-2010, 10:27 PM   #11
Whaaat?

Jay W.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbturner47 View Post
If you dont want the gift card ill take it lol
Sure, you can have the vir- I mean "Gift Card"

AVG just caught it on its scheduled scan, I'm gonna run a more thorough scan tomorrow while I'm out of the house.. and I'm currently downloading Spybot Search and Destroy too.

Sorry to bother and I appreciate the help!
Old 05-26-2010, 11:55 PM   #12
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B. View Post
like the other guys said, you got a virus. ad-aware from lavasoft is an excellent recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay W. View Post
AVG just caught it on its scheduled scan, I'm gonna run a more thorough scan tomorrow while I'm out of the house.. and I'm currently downloading Spybot Search and Destroy too.
glad you caught it Jay
Old 05-27-2010, 12:03 AM   #13
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Sometimes I get a message saying "Congratulations! You've been banned!"
Haha
Old 05-27-2010, 12:06 AM   #14
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
yes it works, do it
Old 05-27-2010, 01:04 AM   #15
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Clear your browser cache,history & cookies. Close your browser & reopen.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:06 AM   #16
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Better than ad-aware. Malwarebytes

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyte...html?tag=mncol