Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Sockmonkey

Notices

Avoid decal disaster ( don't do what I did )

Old 09-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Avoid decal disaster ( don't do what I did )

I received my Sockmonkey bedside decals about 10 days ago and just got the chance to put them on . To make a long story short I got everything ready , washed my truck , laid out my location with painter's tape and then it happened . I put the decal down on the bedside to make one final measurement and didn't realize that the bed rail was still wet . When I pulled off the backing paper it all came off except for an approx 1 " wide strip of now mushy paper .

I spent the next 1/2 hour picking the fluff off of the decal and actually thought I had got it all until I was done and could see a bunch of backing caught between the decal and the truck .

It was pretty depressing removing the Sock decal 5 minutes after putting it on . I guess it's back to the bank for another money order .

On the positive side , I was going for a subtle look and I really think it is going to look great when I get them on .

So the moral of this tale is , don't get the backing paper wet .

Old 09-19-2010, 06:26 PM   #2
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
ouch

Old 09-19-2010, 06:30 PM   #3
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
ouch

Yes , it sucked balls .

Old 09-19-2010, 06:33 PM   #4
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
This picture makes it all better though....

NICE TRUCK!

Old 09-19-2010, 06:39 PM   #5

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
This picture makes it all better though....

NICE TRUCK!
Maybe if I owned that house , I'm just building it . haha

Old 09-19-2010, 06:55 PM   #6
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
I was talking about the truck!!!! lol It looks like an awesome work horse!

Old 09-19-2010, 09:33 PM   #8
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks but they are good looking decals and will awesome when they are finally done.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:36 PM   #9
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery

Old 09-19-2010, 11:11 PM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I was talking about the truck!!!! lol It looks like an awesome work horse!
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Codder View Post
Condolences
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottri View Post
That sucks but they are good looking decals and will awesome when they are finally done.
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post

Old 09-19-2010, 11:13 PM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i think i figured out your problem

youre wearing shorts in canadia

Old 09-19-2010, 11:15 PM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i think i figured out your problem

youre wearing shorts in canadia

I had short johns on .

Old 09-19-2010, 11:18 PM   #13
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I got a little water on mine when applying, so I feel your pain. Was not fun pulling the wet paper off. But somehow it's still holding on several months later.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:20 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFanTRD View Post
I got a little water on mine when applying, so I feel your pain. Was not fun pulling the wet paper off. But somehow it's still holding on several months later.

I thought I had gotten all of it off where it would be trapped behind the clear part of the decal , but I was incorrect .

Old 09-19-2010, 11:31 PM   #15
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I had short johns on .