Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Sockmonkey

Notices

Old sticker Removal

Old 01-14-2009, 08:33 AM   #1
Cobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud ofCobra69 has much to be proud of

Army: 82nd Airborne Division
Cobra69's Tacoma Gallery
Old sticker Removal

Ok, so I have read on how to install the decals......No problem there. My questions is how do you get the OLD decals off without damaging the paint underneath? Mine have been on since the factory.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:43 AM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
a lil heat and i also used a canadian sticker remover that was at my local parts store to loosen up the sticker itself, as well as remove the leftover residue. that is the only good thing to come out of canada by the way

Old 01-14-2009, 08:48 AM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearskill View Post
Oh snap!!!
haha...that was directed at the master....if that cranky old coot even gets on here anymore

Old 01-14-2009, 09:08 AM   #6
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I've had good luck with WD-40.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:30 PM   #9
m_yota will become famous soon enough

m_yota's Tacoma Gallery
I did my debadging on a hot day with 40# fishing line and some adhesive remover. To remove the rest of the junk I polished with a wac cleaner. BAM good as new.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:25 AM   #10
armstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aviator...Four Fans Of Freedom
Name: Sean
armstrsm's Tacoma Gallery
Today i used a Razor, and some Goo Gone... Worked great! Just be real careful and delicate with the razor

Old 07-05-2009, 04:37 PM   #11
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by armstrsm View Post
Today i used a Razor, and some Goo Gone... Worked great! Just be real careful and delicate with the razor
You can get plastic razor blades at home depot...thats what I used along with goo gone. Then I used some Meguiars Paint Cleaner and then waxed the hell outta it Looks great!

Old 07-05-2009, 04:50 PM   #12
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
fishing line worked really well except i used 8# so i kept braking and i didnt need a heat gun and the emblems wernt that warm and goo gone got all the sticky off

Old 08-11-2009, 03:51 AM   #13
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
The best and easiest way is to go with 3M's decal remover spray followed by the decal adhesive remover spray. They aren't chepa but work great. Maybe even try one of their eraser wheels you mount on a drill or air grinder.

No, I don't work for 3M but have learned over the years their products WORK and work well.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #14
Houston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHouston-76 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Houston-76's Tacoma Gallery
I just took mine off last week, i just peeled it of during the day it was only about 98 degrees outside and it peeled right off. Then i used some ronsonal lighter fluid to break up the left over adhesive. Then wash it with soapy water and re waxed.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:01 AM   #15
96 tacomaPtown is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryan
96 tacomaPtown's Tacoma Gallery
decal remover

i used a rubber eraser decal/sticker remover you put it on the end of a corded drill; battery would eventually run out of power, it takes a little while but doesnt hurt the paint at all. i used one for both sides and still had alot left, got mine at baxters auto parts for around 12 dollars.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:41 AM   #16
militaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to behold

militaco's Tacoma Gallery
used my fingernail and it came right off......but maybe because is so damn humid in Hawaii

Old 08-30-2009, 04:45 AM   #17
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 tacomaPtown View Post
i used a rubber eraser decal/sticker remover you put it on the end of a corded drill; battery would eventually run out of power, it takes a little while but doesnt hurt the paint at all. i used one for both sides and still had alot left, got mine at baxters auto parts for around 12 dollars.
X2

Here's an example link:
http://www.goodspeedmotoring.com/ast...heel-400e.html

Old 09-23-2009, 11:21 AM   #18
MB46 is on a distinguished road
MB46's Tacoma Gallery
When I decided to no longer be a part of the Toyota Racing Development team, I removed the decals on a hot Texas day (hot=108 degrees) by gently pulling them right off. I used Meguiar's Scratch X on a cloth rag to remove the sticky residue. I washed it with soap and water and the black paint looked perfect.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:07 PM   #19
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB46 View Post
When I decided to no longer be a part of the Toyota Racing Development team, I removed the decals on a hot Texas day (hot=108 degrees) by gently pulling them right off. I used Meguiar's Scratch X on a cloth rag to remove the sticky residue. I washed it with soap and water and the black paint looked perfect.
yes, we have our own Decal and badging removal "season"

Old 09-24-2009, 08:00 PM   #20
Grease Monkey
glandnut will become famous soon enoughglandnut will become famous soon enough

glandnut's Tacoma Gallery
Let my 09' sit in the sun most of the afternoon, and off them came with no problem. Gotta love that Florida sun...