LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Sockmonkey

Notices

Sockmonkey Decals info thread

Old 03-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
I am the one who knocks
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Sockmonkey Decals info thread

please do not use this thread to post pics and ask questions.
PM me for questions

updated 10/30/12 (removed dead link)
[The original thread was getting way too long, so i decided to have a shorter one.]

this thread will be for informational purposes only (mainly used by me)

Thanks for visiting..................FYI, this is a side job

Questions should be sent by PM, I don't visit the threads as often as I should.
I may not see your posts.

request:

Please,

when inquiring about specific decals that you may have seen, please include an image, link, or thread and post #

LINKS to decals

Hood Scoop stuff

CenterCap decal

Bedside decals

Customer installs also this thread and this one

3rd Brake light covers

Tacoma Badging

Custom decals

Misc Stickers
more in this thread

Retro style stripes

FAQs and General info:
also see "start here" thread

**PM for any details**

General info:

I will not be "designing" any new bedside decals, by request
. (i will from time to time come up with new stuff)

The ones to choose from are shown in the "
Bedside Decals" link above or below.

You can request certain color combos (if i can do them), but not new designs/layouts of bedside decals

Some info when referencing color changes.

the items that can be colored and how they look are below.

1. stroke/outline (yellow) + fill (red)+ shadow (black)

2. stroke/outline (none) + fill (red)+ shadow (black)

3. stroke/outline (yellow) + fill (none)+ shadow (black)

4. stroke/outline (yellow) + fill (red)+ shadow (none)

FAQs: also see "start here" thread

*** The bedside decals/hood scoop decals are NOT rectangular (You cannot create a .jpg image that is not bound by a square or rectangular shape)

*** In most cases, the bedside decals
/hood scoop decals are printed on clear. The background is to simulate body color. (anywhere you see body color....it is clear)

*** The bedsides/hood scoop decals are trimmed similar to a stock decal (Approx 1/8" from graphics)

*** For "cut" vinyl (i.e. antlers, devil horn, custom decals) they are any size you want. You must tell me what size you want. There is no "regular" size.

again,
PM for details

these are a fraction of what is offered

see links above for more examples of decals

3rd brake light covers

(badging in black on clear)

(windshield banner) dark grey

(badging)

(red, white, black) (hood scoop)

(red, white, med grey)
(hood scoop)

(black, red) bedside

Old 03-02-2010, 11:19 AM   #2
I am the one who knocks
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

please do not use this thread to post pics and ask questions.

PM me for questions

you can use thread
sockmonkey decals and badging for pics if you want.
or Sockmonkey's Army

Old 03-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #3
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
I claim to be one of the bigggest Sockmonkey fan/advocates on TW so I'll happily be the first to post on this thread under you Sock. I promise not to clutter this thread no more..... Fine work on this info thread my friend.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:44 AM   #5
I am the one who knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
Can you do anything for a tailgate wrap? Looking to get my whole tailgate done with my company logo and a graphic. I'll snap a pic of a truck i see daily near my work (with the same thing done) and attach it here so you can get an idea
do not attach in here. this thread is for info only. ref post #2

PM me info

Old 03-14-2010, 09:03 AM   #7
MAR69 is on a distinguished road
MAR69's Tacoma Gallery
Decals

hi

I want to know, who sales this decals, i am interted in this ones

Old 03-14-2010, 05:37 PM   #8
I am the one who knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAR69 View Post
hi

I want to know, who sales this decals, i am interted in this ones

refer to post #1 and the links there in

Old 03-17-2010, 06:07 AM   #9
I am the one who knocks

Lightbulb "cut" vs "printed" decals

I wanted to add some info about "cut" vinyl vs "printed" and show some examples that i hope are clear

While technically both are cut to some final shape.

*terms:
Application tape = low stick tape to keep the pieces together for application as one decal
(image at bottom of page showing "app" tape)

"cut" vinyl:

For "cut" work, the vinyl colors are cut on a plotter one color at a time then "assembled" (if necessary) together.

After assembly, the entire decal is covered with application tape* that you peel away after applying to your surface.

examples of "cut" work:

in this first example, you can clearly see the edges of each piece of vinyl

"printed" vinyl:

For my "printed" work, the vinyl colors are applied using a thermal printer one color at a time.
The thermal printer applies the thin "foils" of color with heat and pressure.

After printing is complete, the decal is then cut to its final shape.

The entire decal is then covered with application tape* that you peel away after applying to your surface.

examples of "printed" work:

in these examples, you can see that the edges are common to the entire decal and not an individual color.

the printing can be done on clear vinyl as well as colored vinyl, shown below.

* application tape example:

Old 03-24-2010, 10:40 AM   #10
I am the one who knocks

thanks to Oswego for the link to this.

i know i have seen this before, but never had a place for it.

this pdf shows placement of 2nd gen TACOMA badging and bedside decals

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/att...6300310-1-.pdf

Old 04-11-2010, 05:28 AM   #11
I am the one who knocks

Added a link, in post #1, to new folder "CenterCaps"

Not too much there yet, but if you've got some centercaps that need covering....

Old 04-16-2010, 07:26 AM   #12
Fresh Man
Tacomaurciio is on a distinguished road
Army: 2nd Infantry Division, Korea (Manchu). 11 Armored Cavalry Regiment.
Name: Mauricio
Tacomaurciio's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Sock I need that pair of SR5 offroad bed side decals how can I purchase them?

Old 04-16-2010, 07:29 AM   #13
97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of

97Blk_one's Tacoma Gallery
Hey sock can you print foreign language that save .EPS file ?

Old 04-16-2010, 07:44 AM   #14
MurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Air Traffic Control
Name: I HATE SPICYTACOS
MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
sockmonkey you are awesome. im sorry for all the tards that cant read the thread.
IBTL...

Old 05-29-2010, 05:08 AM   #15
I am the one who knocks

added a couple more i have had in partial completion

Old 06-13-2010, 12:15 PM   #16
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey View Post

can u make ones like these but for florida and saying so-flo or cnt-flo??? plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 01:01 PM   #18
2.7bluetaco is on a distinguished road
Name: jacob
2.7bluetaco's Tacoma Gallery
how much is this one

Old 06-27-2010, 07:52 PM   #20
Zilla has a spectacular aura aboutZilla has a spectacular aura about
Name: snah
Zilla's Tacoma Gallery
how to get one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey View Post

I
interested in the SR5 toyota racing development off road with the cal in the back round