LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Sockmonkey

Notices

front bumper/valance vinyl pics/info

Old 10-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #21
Greenthumb is on a distinguished road

Greenthumb's Tacoma Gallery
Black vinyl valence

Where would one (me) purchase the vinyl valence???

Old 10-05-2010, 12:03 PM   #22
militaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to behold

militaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenthumb View Post
Where would one (me) purchase the vinyl valence???

you have to PM Sockmonkey

here's mine
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2010, 02:44 PM   #23
Ex STi enthusiast www.iwsti.com
Aod will become famous soon enoughAod will become famous soon enough

Air Force:
Name: B.
Aod's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed. I'm really interested in one of these. How long does it actually take the average Joe to put one of the these on properly and what degree of skill. I would just want to be sure it was on correctly.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #26
Civilprerunner is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Civilprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Will you pm the price for the valance vinyl strip plus shipping (90620) to me thanks

Old 02-20-2011, 07:49 PM   #27
Taco Madre
ronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ronny
ronny97's Tacoma Gallery
Can someone please list their recommendations for a good install. I bought 2 from sock and screwed up the first one. I only have one left and I don't want to ruin it. How should I put this on? Top to bottom, side to side? Should I remove a portion of the backing at a time or all at once? Do I spray the bumper wet first? What's the best way? Please help.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:55 PM   #28
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Nice trucks guys, especially the white ones! makes me wanna plastidip mine tomorrow

Old 02-21-2011, 04:34 AM   #29
I am the one who knocks
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronny97 View Post
Can someone please list their recommendations for a good install. I bought 2 from sock and screwed up the first one. I only have one left and I don't want to ruin it. How should I put this on? Top to bottom, side to side? Should I remove a portion of the backing at a time or all at once? Do I spray the bumper wet first? What's the best way? Please help.
i removed all backing at once.
started at the very front of the bumper and worked out and down.

you need a heat source (hair dryer or heat gun...be "light" with the heat gun)

if the vinyl gets stuck to an area before you are ready, you can pull sharply on it and you can "un-stick"

it takes alot of patience.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:25 PM   #30
jjohns is on a distinguished road

jjohns's Tacoma Gallery
Can you PM me price for gloss and flat black 85743

Old 03-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #31
LaTechLogan is on a distinguished road
Name: Logan
LaTechLogan's Tacoma Gallery
Would like to know how much for flat black shipped to 71292? Tried to PM you sockmonkey but I don't think it ever went through.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:30 AM   #33
I am the one who knocks
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
read post #1, please.

applies to the last 3 posts.

i do not frequent these threads

Old 04-16-2011, 03:40 AM   #34
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
I black powdercoated my TRD skid a while back and have considered this every since....hmmmm......these look good..........

Old 07-09-2011, 07:27 PM   #35
808TUNDA is a name known to all808TUNDA is a name known to all808TUNDA is a name known to all808TUNDA is a name known to all808TUNDA is a name known to all808TUNDA is a name known to all
Name: D
808TUNDA's Tacoma Gallery
Looks tons better! Thanks again sock!

Old 10-26-2011, 08:51 AM   #36
WaveRder is on a distinguished road
WaveRder's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a new member and looking into a vinyl install. Can you please PM how muh flat black would be shipped to 92708. For the front bumper. Thanks!

Old 10-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #37
USAFVol will become famous soon enoughUSAFVol will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Robins AFB
USAFVol's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronny97 View Post
Was wondering that myself. Is it like home window tint where you spray it and the squeegie(SP?) out the liquid?

Sock said he removed the entire backing, is there adhesive behind it or does the heat provide enough for it to stick and not peel.

Anyone who has installed, any idea?

Old 10-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #38
808TUNDA is a name known to all808TUNDA is a name known to all808TUNDA is a name known to all808TUNDA is a name known to all808TUNDA is a name known to all808TUNDA is a name known to all
Name: D
808TUNDA's Tacoma Gallery
The backing itself is sticky. I watched my friend who is a pro tint installer do it, and he applied water to both the bumper and the backing (remove the paper first!). He applied from the top corner right under the lower grill and did that whole top edge first. Then he worked his way down. During the process he applied heat (via heat gun) as that helped spread and 'mold' the vinyl esp along those bottom areas. Note that he had to cut and trim as he did this.

ETA: I bought 2 from sock as well, and it was a good thing I did. There is no way to precut them exactly to fit before applying. You can make a general cut but you have to cut-n-trim along the way. Here's a tip, keep some of the excess vinyl as you can use/apply this to clean-up the side edges. You'll know what I mean after you've done it.

Old 10-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #40
USAFVol will become famous soon enoughUSAFVol will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Robins AFB
USAFVol's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info 808. I am surely intimidated. Sounds way too easy to mess up. I am still trying to decide if I am going to put on a bull bar or not. Thanks for the info regardless.

Your decals look great sock, I'm on the fence with the valance.