LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Sockmonkey

Notices

front bumper/valance vinyl pics/info

Old 03-13-2010, 04:27 AM   #1
I am the one who knocks
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up front bumper/valance vinyl pics/info

post your front bumper/valance vinyl pics here (no paint, please)

i have a few pics..... if the owners want me to remove them, just send me a PM

(i thought i had more)

if you guys have any experiences you want to share, this would be the place.

it is a pain to do and get it "just right" but worth it IMHO

for inquiries: PM me, please

Old 03-13-2010, 04:32 AM   #2
I am the one who knocks
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

this is not a "kit" that you just slap on.

it is basically a rectangular sheet that must be conformed and trimmed to fit.
it is a pain because of the complex contours of the valance (up and down and side to side)

the flat vinyl is a little harder to conform than the gloss
(something about how the vinyl is manufactured...????)

Old 03-13-2010, 04:32 AM   #3
I am the one who knocks

if you are interested in giving this a try, send me a PM and i can give you details

Old 03-13-2010, 05:23 AM   #4
I like ze best!
Rhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRhino8541 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rhino8541's Tacoma Gallery
Older picture when I first put it on.

More recent. Holding up great!

Old 03-14-2010, 01:39 PM   #5
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Iv had my vinyl I got from you Sock for I dont know how long and still havnt got it put on . Id like to find a shop that can do it for me, I have ocd and if its not done perfectly im gonna hate it, haha.

Old 03-14-2010, 02:01 PM   #6
One Bad Mother
steveh_2007 will become famous soon enough

Name: Steve
steveh_2007's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to steveh_2007
gloss black

Old 03-31-2010, 06:47 AM   #7
Banned
taco man31 has a spectacular aura abouttaco man31 has a spectacular aura abouttaco man31 has a spectacular aura about
taco man31's Tacoma Gallery
lets see black on black

Old 04-15-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
alaska is on a distinguished road
Name: Hannah
alaska's Tacoma Gallery
Want to do this to my 09. How hard is it?

Old 05-08-2010, 08:23 PM   #9
bruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant future
Navy: ET1
Name: Scott
bruinsrme's Tacoma Gallery
bump

Old 05-19-2010, 05:55 PM   #10
militaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to behold

militaco's Tacoma Gallery
Here's mine......i had my friend that does window tinting do mine.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tml#post903013

Old 07-19-2010, 02:12 PM   #12
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery

Old 07-20-2010, 10:38 AM   #13
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Pardon the dumb question but what's the benefit to using vinyl instead of paint? I have a white Tacoma and like the looks of the wrap but I live in New England and can't imagine something like that holding up?

Just curious

Old 07-20-2010, 01:34 PM   #14
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Pardon the dumb question but what's the benefit to using vinyl instead of paint? I have a white Tacoma and like the looks of the wrap but I live in New England and can't imagine something like that holding up?

Just curious
The vinyl is not permanent so you can take it off for resale, if you don't like it, etc.
I've had mine for over a week and it has not shown no signs of letting up, even with this louisiana heat, humidity, and rain

Old 07-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #15
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

Name: derek
derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
i fvked mine up so bad when i put it on..its hard lol

i want to try it again tho..

Old 07-20-2010, 02:33 PM   #16
I am the one who knocks

mine has been on for 3 years now.
1 "chip" that was easily covered with a tiny square of the same material.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:31 AM   #17
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
When applying these lower valance decals, do you suggest using some kind of heat gun to make the flat vinyl a little more maliable around the contours towards the bottom? how much are these?

Old 09-14-2010, 03:25 AM   #19
~THE LIGHT GUY~
TBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
TBK224's Tacoma Gallery
Sockmonkey,

Will you PM the price for this front valance vinyl strip? Plus shipping to 85083.

Thanks
Tim

Old 09-23-2010, 05:46 AM   #20
white91formula is on a distinguished road
white91formula's Tacoma Gallery
can you pm me also for the price

are these flat black or glossy ?