Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Sockmonkey

Notices

retro stripes tester

Old 03-26-2010, 05:40 PM   #22
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey View Post
sweet, those fit great with the scoop!

maybe a couple inches longer?

i am liking this shot

i think Michael is right, the pinstripes do kind of affect the look a little. if you plan on keeping the retro stuff

otherwise, i think it looks excellent
I actually like the shorter look, kind of a contrast/accents the hood. Looks amazing though

Old 03-26-2010, 05:45 PM   #23
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucanV13 View Post
I actually like the shorter look, kind of a contrast/accents the hood. Looks amazing though
yeah...i think a straight line across the hood from stripes across the scoop wouldnt look right. when i put mine on, i actually overlapped about 3/4" around the bend on the hood and shortened it up a lil more

Old 03-26-2010, 05:50 PM   #24
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey View Post
sweet, those fit great with the scoop!

maybe a couple inches longer?
Definitely a couple inches - at least to hit the start of the scoop. This looks great, really freaken awesome. Can't wait til you release. You doing only the complete set or willing to break them up?

Old 03-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #25
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Looks great

I was hoping I was in the running

x2 on the pinstripes - I just debadged my ride with 37k 2 years old & no issues at all with fade, but mines white so it's a little less likely to show.
true just a question with everybody mentioning miles no offense but whats up with that? y'all drive alot. mine is a 06 with almost 40k on it... but 20k when i picked it up in 07. and i like my pin stripes and that

Old 03-26-2010, 07:45 PM   #26
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
looks really good.

i have a question though. whats with the water?

Old 03-26-2010, 07:48 PM   #29
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
like under the graphics.

when you put them on.

it might be a dumb question but, were all dumb sometimes

EDIT: oh cool. yeah just wondering. looks really good dude!

Old 03-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #30
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
like under the graphics.

when you put them on.

it might be a dumb question but, were all dumb sometimes

EDIT: oh cool. yeah just wondering. looks really good dude!
yeah...keeps them from sticking directly. if you add a little bit of liquid soap to the mix, you can actually put it on and move/twist/rotate the entire thing as long as there is enough water/soap behind it....then squegee that mofo out

Old 03-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #31
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery

Old 03-26-2010, 07:55 PM   #32
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
yeah...keeps them from sticking directly. if you add a little bit of liquid soap to the mix, you can actually put it on and move/twist/rotate the entire thing as long as there is enough water/soap behind it....then squegee that mofo out
did you get yours done?

Old 03-26-2010, 07:57 PM   #33
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
did you get yours done?
yeah they're done....one freakin crease in the drivers door....but the rest are good. posting some pics tomorrow. look more subtle than you an chris'. i kinda dig the hiddenness...

Old 03-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #34
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphMan View Post
Definitely a couple inches - at least to hit the start of the scoop. This looks great, really freaken awesome. Can't wait til you release. You doing only the complete set or willing to break them up?
pretty much anything you see in here is "available". Don't have them sitting around, but can be cut at a moments notice (well maybe not that fast...)

the official "retro" thread is here

Old 03-26-2010, 08:05 PM   #35
Banned
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
yeah they're done....one freakin crease in the drivers door....but the rest are good. posting some pics tomorrow. look more subtle than you an chris'. i kinda dig the hiddenness...
yah i didnt think i could find a color that hides. lol plus truck needed some black

Old 03-26-2010, 08:15 PM   #36
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphMan View Post
i could just add more to the windshield end (long thin, leg part), keeping the actual "meat" of the stripes the same and allowing you to pull them forward however far down you want

Old 03-26-2010, 09:15 PM   #38
efmugen will become famous soon enough

efmugen's Tacoma Gallery
looks great !! now I want a set

Old 03-27-2010, 03:17 PM   #40
Sooooooper Moderator

whootie woo!!! and i have the sock 4 wheel drive oldie sticker on the way