Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

TM is dying time for solid axel swap

Old 03-07-2011, 11:56 AM   #21
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
^ How did he work out the steering?
Old 03-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #22
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tacoma View Post
My friend did his for 1300. 1000 bucks for a kit with all the leafs and everything, 300 for a used toyota front axle. We did do the work ourselves though.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #25
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My friend did his for 1300. 1000 bucks for a kit with all the leafs and everything, 300 for a used toyota front axle. We did do the work ourselves though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
zip ties and bubble gum.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:48 PM   #27
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
^ How did he work out the steering?
Nah, you ever seen one of those boy scout coaster cart things with the rope on the front 2x4? It's aircraft cable through some grommets in the firewall!

In all seriousness. Glad it seems to be working for him. I would think in a dedicated wheeler it wouldn't be 100% terrible to cut a corner or two, but if you're going to make it roadworthy I agree with the previous sentiments. Be safe and keep it shiny side up!
Old 03-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #28
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

how... hes been wheeling it for like 5 months hard without a single issue, tell me how thats retarded . . .

$1300? FUCKING TIRES COST THAT MUCH ALONE.

Get pictures up here, get some real stats, get some real facts and come back here to PROVE to everyone WHO HAS DONE A SAS the truth, that you can LEGITAMITLY do a SAS for $1300.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #29
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
*grabs a fresh tub of popcorn while waiting for pics*

Old 03-09-2011, 07:52 PM   #30
Toyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brady
Toyota Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post

$1300? FUCKING TIRES COST THAT MUCH ALONE.

Get pictures up here, get some real stats, get some real facts and come back here to PROVE to everyone WHO HAS DONE A SAS the truth, that you can LEGITAMITLY do a SAS for $1300.
take it easy there, don`t hurt yourself now. 1300 chocolate bars also cost that much.. still doesn't mean anything. I will get pics as soon as I can, not gonna bust my ass to prove something to some random on the internet...
Old 03-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #31

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
take it easy there, don`t hurt yourself now. 1300 chocolate bars also cost that much.. still doesn't mean anything. I will get pics as soon as I can, not gonna bust my ass to prove something to some random on the internet...
Given that, your original post is null and void.

bigtacofan, ignore this guy's comment on cost until he provides proof. A safe, functional SAS cannot be done for that price.

Claims like this have been made before but no supporting evidence has ever been provided.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:51 PM   #33
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
or save some time and headache and buy this truck

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...s-new-toy.html
Old 03-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #34
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
I seriously want to post a triple face palm........

So I will.

You crack me up. Don't even waste your time finding a picture. A picture doesn't prove a damn thing. Don't go around spreading rumors that you can SAS a truck for $1,300. And I can speak for anyone who has spent endless dollars to make their truck work, endless hours too.

Do yourself a favor and stop replying to this thread. Thank you.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:16 PM   #35
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
I, on the other hand, would like to see pictures.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:48 PM   #36
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
I, on the other hand, would like to see pictures.
I do too, but I was just saying.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #37
Toyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brady
Toyota Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
I seriously want to post a triple face palm........

So I will.

You crack me up. Don't even waste your time finding a picture. A picture doesn't prove a damn thing. Don't go around spreading rumors that you can SAS a truck for $1,300. And I can speak for anyone who has spent endless dollars to make their truck work, endless hours too.

Do yourself a favor and stop replying to this thread. Thank you.
You sir, are a douche. Talk real big behind a computer. Just wish you were up here to say that to my face.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #38
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You sir, are a douche. Talk real big behind a computer. Just wish you were up here to say that to my face.
and Im sure he would say that to your face as anyone here would as well...
untill there is proof of said truck you have no more room to talk about this mysterious $1,300 sas'd taco
Old 03-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #40
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Because so far on this site all Iv seen is a majority of guys that just love to call out everything they think is fake or wrong.
Oh come on. You can't look at the gazillion build threads on TW and still say that.

Most folks here who've built something are bursting with pride about it and just about fall over themselves to put up lots of pics to show off how it was done and help others who are thinking of doing it.

Now you come along bringing claims that you and a buddy did an SAS for about the same amount of coin as many folks put into a simple 3" suspension lift. Naturally, folks want to see a build thread, parts list, detailed description of this. When you fail to deliver, naturally they're a bit skeptical, to say the least. How could they not be?

Take it personally if you want to, but there's a reason that the watchword of braggin' on the interweb is "pics or it didn't happen."