Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

TM is dying time for solid axel swap

Old 01-25-2011, 08:44 AM   #1
bigtacofan is on a distinguished road
bigtacofan's Tacoma Gallery
TM is dying time for solid axel swap

I have a 98 taco v6 6" TM lift but the front end is ready to give out, all the rubber is falling apart and the truck is bout 1" lower on the drivers side. rather then pay money to have the kit removed and buy a new procomp i'd like to go solid axel. Any ideas on the cheapest way to do that. anyone in the area know how to do it? any idea on the cost scale
? Thaks
Old 01-25-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You can buy a full bolt on kit from Allpro for about $9000 axle and all.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
lol.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:52 AM   #4
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Toss the TM kit and go with a nice 3" lift. You'll be happier and likely save some cash. Or, buy an axle, a torch and a welder.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:52 AM   #5
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. What is your priority for the conversion -- cheap or good?

If it's a dedicated trail rig, have at it and make something work. If it's a street-driven truck, make sure you do things right or we may be down a member in short order.

Keep yourself safe.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:54 AM   #6
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW

Old 01-25-2011, 08:54 AM   #7
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Word.

http://www.allprooffroad.com/9504tacomasas
Old 01-25-2011, 09:02 AM   #8
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly, if your willing to do your own fab and can aquire parts at a reasonable price.
$2500 will get it done.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:03 AM   #9
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! What a first post jump right into the SAS

seeing how your in San Jose there is a bunch of guys hitting the trail this weekend if you want to join http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...ls-1-29-a.html
Old 01-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Welcome! What a first post jump right into the SAS

seeing how your in San Jose there is a bunch of guys hitting the trail this weekend if you want to join http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...ls-1-29-a.html

I'd love to go, but i at least need to replace my struts before I take on hollister, cause chances are I'd end up getting towed home, in Morgan hill. I was just told today that my driver side strut needs to be replaced. I need to fing someone who knows a strut that replaces my stock on the kit and also who knows how to do it.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:42 PM   #11
sucks when your rig is unjured.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:28 AM   #12
Yota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant future
Name: Jesse
Yota_dvl's Tacoma Gallery
im in the middle of sas'n my truck now... there is no cheap way, unless you seriously know how to do your own fab work.
Trail-gear recently came out with a sas kit that is near 1500$,
axel your 100 at a junk yard
steerin box 100
drag link and control arms 200
steering knuckles near 100

grand total i think im near 4 grand into it. but as i said if you can seriously fab shit up with torch and welder you could do this. me and my buddy were doing mine realised its a bitch and now have a true shop doin it its very time consuming so with it bein in a shop price goes up everyday its there... its not something that o i dont like it let me remove it. its there and there for good...
long story short dont do it unless your serious about it!

other alternitive... fab tech 6 inch lift would replace everything with life time warrenty...
Old 02-10-2011, 02:11 PM   #13
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
i got skys offroad manufacturing kit, 2k.

the only other thing i needed was axles and springs so i got them off an 89 jeep grand waggy
Old 02-27-2011, 09:05 AM   #14
awsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shedawsumdc is one of the sharper tools in the shed
awsumdc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

There is no such thing as a "Bolt on SAS kit".
Old 02-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #15
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Honestly, if your willing to do your own fab and can aquire parts at a reasonable price.
$2500 will get it done.
Have you done it?

Not realiable.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #16
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
check out trail gear.
they sell kits
Old 02-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #17
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Worth a read:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sol...uide-cost.html
Old 02-28-2011, 12:49 PM   #18
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
Go talk to a local fab/4x4 shop and see what they say. I talked to a guy locally and he said that if I brought him the axle, ready to go and $3500 he would 3 link the front and supply all the other parts needed... I was looking at about the same if I bought everything seperate and did a leaf spring setup
Old 03-07-2011, 12:45 AM   #19
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Welcome to TW. What is your priority for the conversion -- cheap or good?

If it's a dedicated trail rig, have at it and make something work. If it's a street-driven truck, make sure you do things right or we may be down a member in short order.

Keep yourself safe.

This!