Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Solid Axle Suspension

Notices

Sas?!?!

Old 02-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #21
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
You can do it for less than 10k.

Can do a lot of things for less.

Whose standard is living up to, is the question.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #22
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
you didn't show the picture of him falling off the ramp twice though.

On a serious note did he get that bedside fixed or is he rockin' the dent still?

He's still got the dent. He hasn't had time to do anything. He's pulling 60 hour work weeks plus full time student at ASU. Eventually though, he's jsut going to have that rear pannel cut and have a custom fab'd high clearance rear bumper made. The end result should look nice.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #23
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Can do a lot of things for less.

Whose standard is living up to, is the question.
Let me rephrase that, it can be done without cutting corners for less than 10k. You don't need an 8k currie axle.

For reference you can get a complete kit with all new parts from allpro for the first gens for 8k with a rock jock 60 and wilwood brakes.

http://allprooffroad.com/9504tacomasas
Old 02-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #24
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Let me rephrase that, it can be done without cutting corners for less than 10k. You don't need an 8k currie axle.

For reference you can get a complete kit with all new parts from allpro for the first gens for 8k with a rock jock 60 and wilwood brakes.

http://allprooffroad.com/9504tacomasas

I consider purchasing from All-Pro to be cutting corners by default.

A lot of this comes down to opinion and preference. Yes, you can do an SAS for less than 10k.

Myself personally, knowing what I would do to it, there's no way a sub-10k swap would be adequate. But that's the difference between my requirements and someone else's.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:57 PM   #25
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I consider purchasing from All-Pro to be cutting corners by default.

A lot of this comes down to opinion and preference. Yes, you can do an SAS for less than 10k.

Myself personally, knowing what I would do to it, there's no way a sub-10k swap would be adequate. But that's the difference between my requirements and someone else's.
LOL it was for reference man. As far as I know they are the only one to sell a complete kit, at least a linked one.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:59 PM   #26

Quote:
LOL it was for reference man. As far as I know they are the only one to sell a complete kit, at least a linked one.
Yeah...been running into that some lately

They're the only vendor I know that sells a u-bolt flip for second gens, so unfortunately I had to go that route.

Prepare for it to be swapped and sold in a heartbeat should a better fab shop come out with an equal or better option.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:04 PM   #27
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmm good advice all thanks!!! $$$$
A buddy was looking into it and debating to to it or trade it in for a jeep rubicon 2-door.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:06 PM   #28
Prepared for Bambi

Quote:
Yeah...been running into that some lately

They're the only vendor I know that sells a u-bolt flip for second gens, so unfortunately I had to go that route.

Prepare for it to be swapped and sold in a heartbeat should a better fab shop come out with an equal or better option.
You could go to a store like fastenal and get some appropriate grade u bolts and get some plate steel and make your own or

http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/...es_p_1486.html

http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/...rs_p_1698.html
Old 02-05-2011, 06:07 PM   #29

Quote:
You could go to a store like fastenal and get some appropriate grade u bolts and get some plate steel and make your own or

http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/...es_p_1486.html

http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/...rs_p_1698.html

I don't know that any of those options are better built than the All-Pro, is the key.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:08 PM   #31
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Someone said they wouldn't do it for a DD, why!?!?
Old 02-05-2011, 06:08 PM   #32
Yota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant future
Name: Jesse
Yota_dvl's Tacoma Gallery
the allpro kit is for coil overs
Trail-gear cam out with one for leafs. its the one i did one mine and i pulled a dana 44 outta an old jeep wagoneer
Old 02-05-2011, 06:08 PM   #33

Quote:
probably the same. I don't see a problem with the allpro kit.

I don't either. But then, most of their products look fine at first blush.

Truth be told I'm just kind of mad to have supported them at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07trd4x4 View Post
Someone said they wouldn't do it for a DD, why!?!?

Ride quality typically suffers, though not always.

Fuel economy will almost assuredly suffer.

Truck will be in the shop for a few weeks at least.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #36
Yota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant future
Name: Jesse
Yota_dvl's Tacoma Gallery
sadly im doin it to my DD, but alot of people had said to me, you can do more so you;ll make it do more, when doin this more breaks, sometimes more commonly rolls
Old 02-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #37
Prepared for Bambi

Quote:
I don't either. But then, most of their products look fine at first blush.

Truth be told I'm just kind of mad to have supported them at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
i just think jandrews doesnt like all poo thats why
I figured. That's why I was providing alternatives thinking he was itching to ditch them.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:12 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
i just think jandrews doesnt like all poo thats why

Absolutely correct.

I don't like their attitude. I don't like their weakass armor. I don't like their reasoning. I don't like the fact that they're in California (everything I can do to bring that state one step closer to death, I do).

What do you mean "think"? You don't need to wonder. I can solve this for you: I think All-Pro's a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
i'll show you how to do a 3 link SAS under 10k with a built 60 and 12" Fox RRs John

As long as you put some rockwells under it.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:15 PM   #39
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
BTW I asked Bob for a SAS and SAC section 6 months ago
i'll get to it...
Old 02-05-2011, 06:15 PM   #40

Quote:
BTW I asked Bob for a SAS and SAC section 6 months ago

Long Travel is way more important dude.