Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Where you been cmack? I feel like you never chime in anymore
Old 09-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #182
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Dammit. I just dropped 8k on UCA, front n rear ARB's, 4.88's and a fresh set of KM2's. Shoulda went SAS 😤
Old 04-25-2014, 10:47 PM   #183
Pinoiako916 is on a distinguished road
Name: Al
Pinoiako916's Tacoma Gallery
for a 3 link sas swap both front and rear on an extended cab second gen, can you keep the stock 4wd transfer case system without having to put in a second transfer case or replacing it entirely?
Old 04-28-2014, 11:13 AM   #184
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoiako916 View Post
for a 3 link sas swap both front and rear on an extended cab second gen, can you keep the stock 4wd transfer case system without having to put in a second transfer case or replacing it entirely?
Yep, absolutely.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:28 PM   #185
Cost of a total 3 link sas swap with coil overs on a 14' Tacoma

How much will it cost to do a front and back sas swap with dana 60's 3 link with coil overs or ori struts, parts and labor? As well as putting in 37-40 inch tires? (all parts brand new)
Old 04-28-2014, 09:32 PM   #187
Run it
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
go join pirate 4x4. they will give you a better answer any way
Probably the best advice ever given. lol
Old 04-29-2014, 05:25 AM   #188
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cost of a total 3 link sas swap with coil overs on a 14' Tacoma

How much will it cost to do a front and back sas swap with dana 60's 3 link with coil overs or ori struts, parts and labor? As well as putting in 37-40 inch tires? (all parts brand new)
Materials, $10k. Labor, $15-20k. Can be done cheaper, can be done more expensively.

I do make a nice set of brackets specifically for your truck for a 3-link. PM for details.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:31 AM   #189
Stoffregen Motors is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
Stoffregen Motors's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Materials, $10k. Labor, $15-20k. Can be done cheaper, can be done more expensively.

I do make a nice set of brackets specifically for your truck for a 3-link. PM for details.
That's a pretty good quote, but I couldn't do it any cheaper than $30, unless the customer supplied the parts and they were used parts. You'll get $6K into the front axle alone without blinking an eye.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:54 PM   #190
Looking back, my budget for both buying the Tacoma and doing a 3 link (parts and shop labor included) is around $40k-$42k total.

Would I be better off getting a first gen tacoma to make this 3 link mod fit within my budget?
Old 05-01-2014, 04:20 AM   #191
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Looking back, my budget for both buying the Tacoma and doing a 3 link (parts and shop labor included) is around $40k-$42k total.

Would I be better off getting a first gen tacoma to make this 3 link mod fit within my budget?
You're better off getting an old school toyota made in 1985... Already has a SFA, you could convert it to links for around $6k if you want... and about $4k for the truck or way cheaper depending where you are located.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:01 AM   #192
I just built a 2001 4Runner for a customer with a 3 link in the front and leafs out back. It was a 3.4L/Auto truck to begin twith and it had the electronic case and ABS. It was a $30K+ build. So no, building an older Tacoma is not necessarily going to be cheaper. Areas where you could save money: buy a truck without ABS, a manual shift t-case, and use a junkyard D60 for the front.

The problem with the older (1985) trucks is that they have no power. The 2005+ 1GR-FE 4.0L has V8-like HP, so comparing the two is really not fair.

Old 06-11-2014, 12:47 PM   #193
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boomtacoma01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes possible, but why do the SAS with no gearing options? It could always be added at a later date I suppose.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #194
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boomtacoma01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You're better off getting an old school toyota made in 1985... Already has a SFA, you could convert it to links for around $6k if you want... and about $4k for the truck or way cheaper depending where you are located.
Hell I have at least 15K in my 85. Thats the cost of new parts and outsourcing when you dont have the tools or facilities when you start a build. Luckily I do now. It all adds up quick. It will be more after I start linking it.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:47 AM   #195
I keep thinking it may actually be cheaper to start with a 2wd or PreRunner. Less to remove, less wiring, less flashing lights on the dash to deal with. Of course you'd have to buy another adapter or a different transmission...
Old 06-12-2014, 02:14 PM   #196
WUT?
thegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoffregen Motors View Post
I keep thinking it may actually be cheaper to start with a 2wd or PreRunner. Less to remove, less wiring, less flashing lights on the dash to deal with. Of course you'd have to buy another adapter or a different transmission...
My truck started life as a prerunner. Can't say it was easier to deal with but it didn't have ABS which was a plus. Once 4wd swapped, I chose to put a J-shift t-case in and trans from a 4wd 4runner. Now that its axle swapped, I'm glad it doesn't have ABS
Old 09-12-2014, 07:24 AM   #197
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomtacoma01 View Post
Hell I have at least 15K in my 85. Thats the cost of new parts and outsourcing when you dont have the tools or facilities when you start a build. Luckily I do now. It all adds up quick. It will be more after I start linking it.
Well I have plenty more $ in my 1st gen than your 85. So my statement still stands. Besides if you run toyota axles on the older trucks you can make it pretty bad ass for $10k... It's $10k just to swap to a SFA on a tacoma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
My truck started life as a prerunner. Can't say it was easier to deal with but it didn't have ABS which was a plus. Once 4wd swapped, I chose to put a J-shift t-case in and trans from a 4wd 4runner. Now that its axle swapped, I'm glad it doesn't have ABS

So if it already has a j-shift case with 4wd and no ABS... you saying that's the ultimate truck to swap?
Old 09-13-2014, 08:47 AM   #198
Quote:
It's $10k just to swap to a SFA on a tacoma.
Yep. If not more.